jacko266 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
The Power v Dotcom
EmDee
#21 Print Post
Posted on 27-02-2009 23:33

Home From Home

Make it a STEEL CAGE DEATHMATCH and charge ?10 entry for spectators, we might be able to raise enough money for a decent presentation night? big grin

http://www.joincrash.com
Whatapisstake
#22 Print Post
Posted on 27-02-2009 23:55

Must Get Out More

look i have offord the knob a game not a money match i said loser quits croydon pool now if if doesnt think he can beat me at that what chance has he in a money match but as u can see talc hasnt the bollocks 2 take me up on my offer and if u read back on a previous thread he need's time 2 practice as he play's once a week and travels 100 mile's well so do i as i now live in milton keynes and travel 2 play on tuesday only
am not sticking my acheivements down the list is too long lmao surrender

Whatapisstake
#23 Print Post
Posted on 28-02-2009 00:00

Must Get Out More

now talc stop wasting my time if u are chicken and and sacred and admit your crap just put up or shut up and stop boring everybody like u said u need practice b 4 this my offer is plan and clear

Site Team
#24 Print Post
Posted on 28-02-2009 01:57

Super Admin

Teach wrote:
Yes Dan, this thread was meant to be about me!! I think out of all the replies that were posted (over 30), only one was actually an offer to me!big grin

Thank goodness for PMs and texting.

So when is this money match going to be, and for how much??

This thread was started to prevent the hijacking of your "Player Available" thread Steve!

The clue for what this thread is about is in the title! Pfft

ThePower
#25 Print Post
Posted on 28-02-2009 05:12

Must Get Out More

dotcom wrote:
look i have offord the knob a game not a money match i said loser quits croydon pool now if if doesnt think he can beat me at that what chance has he in a money match but as u can see talc hasnt the bollocks 2 take me up on my offer

Andrew, let me just try and clear up 'my position' on this once and for all - before you continue to make yourself look a 'complete' cock.

1. You initially offered me a bet. That bet was 'loser quits Croydon pool' forever. I rejected that offer. Firstly, because if I chose to accept that kind of bet the outcome in defeat far outwayed the pro's in victory. Having spent 20 years with the same team and helped make the Eden what they are today, I don't think any of my current players would thank me for taking on such a farcical bet.

On the other hand you have nothing to lose by proposing such a bet to me. You jump from one team to the next team, from one season to the next season you are playing here and there, in the process you are fucking off this team and that team as you go along. Your lifespan in this league is limited anyway because nobody would miss you.

You have played most your Croydon career in the lower divsions, nothing wrong in that, but then you claim to have won this that and the other whilst playing in Division 1. We all know you sat the best part of one season on the bench for the Unpreds and then the best part of one season on the bench for the Drillers, so your claim to being an ''integral part of history making'' is, on the face it - utter Andrew Waters fantasy fanny. Nobody can argue you may have been registered for those sides and played the 'odd' game here and there when but thats about it. We all know what you have really contributed to Divsion 1 in your time in Croydon - and that is sweet fuck all sunshine.

So you I hope you will try to understand I will always have so much more at stake to lose than you will ever have by accepting such an offer. I have never stood up and said ''I am the best'' and nor will I ever claim to be the best - but for 10 years in Div 1 - I have slapped my nuts out on their chopping board and gone toe to toe, shoulder to shoulder, with Croydon's best. You will never better that fact.

Secondly, it was a childish offer - not even close to be a reasonable bet - which is the real reason I actually rejected it.

Which after rejecting the offer - leads me on to YOUR POST:
Posted by ANDREW WATERS on 24-02-2009 15:57
this is all a boring 2 me now... alex u wanna game money match or not pm me or just do what your best at first div is wank they was 2 much moaning and knobs in it 4 me..thats y i left and yes my old mate dave i did help a newly created farley team 2 win div 5.. if i remember i did that cos i always promised 2 play 4 a farley team and this time kept my promise

Before we get onto the main part of your post. ''first div is wank''. And we are ''knobs''. There are quite a few nasty individuals in Div 1 who will take quite an offence to that comment. For someone who claims to have helped ''make history in Div 1'' these comments are a sad and harsh reflection on those players who you may have played with then, or currently ply their trade week in week out in the top flight. I think the majority of us in Div 1 would agree, however, on one very universal thing - you a'int worth a 'wank'.

Anyway, back to the first line of your quote Andrew - 'alex u wanna game money match or not'' - of course this is not the best use of English grammar though I did get the jist of your proposal.

My reply was something along the lines of ''I'll happily accept your offer to play you for money''.

I then created a new thread and said something like ''just ask me how much I will play for''. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seemed to have back tracked somewhat? You seem to be trying to back out of your initial proposal to have a money match? Or maybe it is just a case of you have forgotten what you wrote?

Basically, I think you have lost your bottle.

And that is where we are at now.
Edited by ThePower on 28-02-2009 18:02

Whatapisstake
#26 Print Post
Posted on 28-02-2009 05:46

Must Get Out More

500 end of season best 2 30 but with a clause no df or fudge offer is there and jfk pool hall neutral venue

Farley
#27 Print Post
Posted on 28-02-2009 07:21

Home From Home

dotcom wrote:
500 end of season best 2 30 but with a clause no df or fudge offer is there and jfk pool hall neutral venue
Andrew can you confirm the following...
?500 Per Man.
End of Season...Meaning "May" When the Winter League finishes...???
First to 30.
No D/F's or Fudging... How that can be enforced to the letter is ???.
The match to be played at J.F.K' s.
Home of the Farley Loyalists. Farley Dukes. Farley Small Potatoes...

sly294
#28 Print Post
Posted on 28-02-2009 07:37

Quite The Regular

Dave, i think andrew does mean ?500 per man & may when season finishes, But not first to 30 but a best of 30... meaning there can be a draw of 15-15. As andrew said in the other thread he played someone for money and it ended in a draw(cant remember who it was and too lazy to look Pfft)

As for no D/F and no fudging..... WTF Shock ??!!??, Why not play straight pool ?
Also can i play winner with a broom stick and play for Snicker bar or the cash for one (about 60p) ?? ...Nel fancy it Pfft

Farley
#29 Print Post
Posted on 28-02-2009 08:08

Home From Home

Thank's Alan... Now Andrew please confirm... Then The Power can respond and, end all the crap chat... I know what Andrew was talking about when he said it was a draw... Him and Rab Harkness had a bet on the outcome of their last match in a Farley Singles League but, this is a money match... So a draw can't be an option... Just my thoughts... Andrew respond... Alex... Accept or Regect... Simple...

Farley
#30 Print Post
Posted on 28-02-2009 08:17

Home From Home

JugglingSpence wrote:
I think one of the key factors with money matches is that they are played for money.

Maybe I missed something...
Well done Spencer... Think they are now getting the gist of it... Took a little time but, it's sorted ?500 a Man...

ThePower
#31 Print Post
Posted on 28-02-2009 18:32

Must Get Out More

dotcom wrote:

Farley, this far from sorted I am afraid. A million miles off. At present I can only agree to two of Andrew's proposals and that comes with a condition clause.

Andrew - in response to your proposal.

1. Match distance : Not accepted.
Not sure what you mean by that. If you mean first to win 30 frames then thats not for me. I am planning on spending as little as much time in your company that day and therefore playing first to 30 and a potentially 59 frames would take forever to complete. If you mean a match distance of 30 frames, again I am not interested. I have no desire to play for 4+ hours for their to be a prospect that the match may be drawn 15-15. Unless you are willing to offer me the draw as well, there has to be a positive result.

2. Clause no DF or fudge: Not accepted.
Are you on the white stuff or something? We are playing a pool match for money. Why do you want that clause added? I know exactly why, and it's because you want to prevent me from playing my style of game. I work for my openings in frames and thats why you want no snookers, & no DF's played. It is nice to know that I am clearly inside your head all ready. Wink

3. End of season: Accepted.
I presume you mean end of Winter season? Which is May.
One condition: I am happy to play you in May 2009 - my fitness permitting. This is not an excuse. I am not close to 50% fit at present and I won't play you unless my back is good. However, I have 3 months to make it happen.

4. Venue JFK's: Not accepted.
Two reasons.
A. Because despite what you would like to make out JFK's is not a 'neutral' venue and I am advised that you use JFK's to practice.
B. Because this is match is being talked up on the site, I feel we should use a venue situated in Croydon. Only venues that come close to hosting this match are Hurricane Rooms, Farley or Suzy Q's. Hurricane is your current venue - so that counts that out. Suzy's is an option for both of us. As for the Farley - we have both played for teams at the Farley and we both know the tables so there is absolutely no advantage gained by either person. I therefore propose the Farley as the venue and as gesture of my goodwill I'll allow you to choose the table.

5. ?500: Accepted.
One condition. Each party deposits their ?500, at least 7 days before the match is scheduled to be played. The money is held with an agreed neutral third party until after the conclusion of the match.
Edited by ThePower on 28-02-2009 18:51

longshanks
#32 Print Post
Posted on 28-02-2009 19:21

Must Get Out More

Best of 30 under WR (Waters' rules) - can't understand why you aren't jumping at the chance Alex.

Fat-Dart
#33 Print Post
Posted on 01-03-2009 02:49

FORUM ADDICT!

What is Andy on?

When you've finished with him, Alex, I'll play you too..

Best of 1000 frames (as apparently 'best of' matches are now played to an even number)

Match to be played at a neutral venue - so I'll nominate Table 4 at Suzy Q's.

Oh, and you're not allowed to pot the black.

Looking forward to it, mate.

big grin

nel
#34 Print Post
Posted on 02-03-2009 06:18
Getting The Hang Of It

Im up for that alan best of 15 frames with a broom stick for a snicker bar, and i will give you a chance to play me again after i beat you, double or quits. lol Smile

Whatapisstake
#35 Print Post
Posted on 02-03-2009 20:46

Must Get Out More

if all u lot cannot see that am out 2 wind up talc in powder then your fool's like him i will play u world rule's and suzy's does sound a neutral venue as 4 jfk were u get your info from your far from the truth unless u mean my own surpreme i had at home well then your on the right track as 4 the powder only a few in croydon that do it and i wont name and shame a few in your team well leave's the number of games best of 31 first 2 16 think thats a fair deal

nextBIGthing
#36 Print Post
Posted on 02-03-2009 21:48
Getting The Hang Of It

dotcom wrote:but with a clause no df or fudge offer is there

One of the funniest comments i've heard for a while.

Can you both play in fancy dress as well? Andy can wear a white shirt and a pair of jeans and come as Homer Simpson.GrinD

Farley
#37 Print Post
Posted on 03-03-2009 07:32

Home From Home

dotcom wrote:
if all u lot cannot see that am out 2 wind up talc in powder then your fool's like him i will play u world rule's and suzy's does sound a neutral venue as 4 jfk were u get your info from your far from the truth unless u mean my own surpreme i had at home well then your on the right track as 4 the powder only a few in croydon that do it and i wont name and shame a few in your team well leave's the number of games best of 31 first 2 16 think thats a fair deal
Andrew. Is your offer...
?500 Each...
Played at Rileys Purley Way... End of May...
Best of 31...
World Rule's...
Can't, really see how The Power can find fault if that's the offer...
Over to you Alex...
Edited by Farley on 03-03-2009 07:34

qwerty
#38 Print Post
Posted on 03-03-2009 18:07
Home From Home

Farley wrote:
Barry Watkins has pisssed of to Egypt for 2 week's and, he has took his big fishing rod with him... Doubt if Andy will bite until he comes back...
such a big fish will always bite dave no matter where you are ......... Let's face it the power will ruin Walters in a money match....... Walters= no bottle we all know that ..... Truey what are the odds mate .........?

qwerty
#39 Print Post
Posted on 03-03-2009 18:43
Home From Home

Is there any chance of some sloppy seconds alex I could do with some easy money.. I will even play these crazy Walters rules he so pony.ShockShockShock.... Ps dave... Sarah says hi and thankyou for everything were having a wkd time x

Whatapisstake
#40 Print Post
Posted on 03-03-2009 20:19

Must Get Out More

its waters i will have u no..... so shut up watkins or your be next on my hit list Shock as 4 talc beating me in his dream`s am going 2 b his worst nightmare big grin

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
The Eagles
The Eagles
Winter League 07/08 Presentation Night
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing