Print Thread
Website Update
The_Saxtonator
#1 Print Post
Posted on 22-03-2009 03:10

Super Admin

Hello Everyone

As you will probably have noticed, the site looks slightly different now

Danny and I between us have spent most of today and last night doing a major update. We have tried to keep the site looking as close to the old version as possible with a few tweaks here and there as well as the new features that have come with the update. The new version of fusion (the technology that this site is built on) is much more powerful, and over the next few weeks I will be investigating what other features could be added to the site.

Thanks to Danny for all of his help in this, Danny's detailed knowledge of fusion, and my experience with databases has allowed us to perform this update without closing down the site, with Danny managing to get the core site updated and me getting the smileys sorted along with other tweaks and database information copying

You now all have over 100 smileys to choose from!

Avatar issues have been resolved, animated avatars work. Luke, I have created your avatar for you

In the meantime, its been a very long day so I have finished on the update for today. My final challenges before the update is complete are to get the hover box working for the last post on a thread, and see about giving more room to a thread title. I will look into this over the next few days

If anyone notices anything not working, please post on here

Paul

www.saxtonenterprises.com
Luke
#2 Print Post
Posted on 23-03-2009 03:57

Home From Home

The_Saxtonator wrote:

Avatar issues have been resolved, animated avatars work. Luke, I have created your avatar for you

Paul

Nice one Paul, I'll get you a drink next time I see you

The_Saxtonator
#3 Print Post
Posted on 26-03-2009 02:53

Super Admin

I will be looking into the centering issue as well over the next few days. Its fine in Firefox

Sass
#4 Print Post
Posted on 26-03-2009 17:00

FORUM ADDICT!

Also fine in Safari on my Mac. There's clearly some code in there that only IE reads. Try changing the theme and see if it still does it as that could considerably limit where you look.

www.croydonpool.com
The_Saxtonator
#5 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 00:09

Super Admin

I have now managed to figure out how the hover box worked on the old site and have managed to incorporate into this update

So you can hover over a thread to see the last post

Saxton Chicken

The_Saxtonator
#6 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 01:47

Super Admin

Now I have sorted out the alignment and got rid of all the centering

If posts, etc are still centered please press F5 to force the site to update on your computer

The_Saxtonator
#7 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 02:01

Super Admin

I have also doubled the amount of characters allowed in the main page for a thread title before title gets trimmed and ... are added

Fat-Dart
#8 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 02:59

FORUM ADDICT!

As always, Paul, you're a legend.
Well done and thanks for all your work (at least some of us are grateful for the hours you put in, for no reward)
clapping

Whatapisstake
#9 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 05:20

Must Get Out More

fat part are u 4 real or just kissing saxton 's arse without the help of danny paul would not of got this far so thank u danny golden ball 's evan 's 4 helping the grass out . . Saxton u no what i mean !!
am not sticking my acheivements down the list is too long lmao surrender

Coneycueist
#10 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 06:52

Home From Home

Give it a rest and grow up Dotcom. It's ironic that your childishness and bullying suggests you miss the safety of school but your lack of even a shred of grammar or spelling suggests you didn't go in the first place.
Edited by Coneycueist on 30-03-2009 06:58
The Coney: The Home of Bread and Butter pool since 1999

sly294
#11 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 06:57

Quite The Regular

I'd say he spent most of his time round the pool table but he isn't any good at that either, LOL.

Oh and Mr Waters whats with the hostilities toward Mr Saxton ? Do you have a crush on him ...hmmmm ?gossippinglovedup

Farley
#12 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 07:43

Home From Home

Coneycueist wrote:
Give it a rest and grow up Dotcom. It's ironic that your childishness and bullying suggests you miss the safety of school but your lack of even a shred of grammar or spelling suggests you didn't go in the first place.
Indeed... Funny how docom had very little 2 say when he was ask time and, again if the money match HE, offered The Power, was ON or OFF... Actually there is still no answer... Think i will give him one more chance to confirm... I know Walters is no chicken... Bully yes but, ( only when he can get away with it ) but, no chicken...
GRASS... How dare you use the word... Who hid in the corner of the pool room after, The Farley was closed cos, they where afraid to leave and, phoned the police cos, a MAN wanted 2 have a one 2 one...
I had 2 sort out ur *******and save ur guttless arse...
Now be a good boy Walters and dont start me...
Home of the Farley Loyalists. Farley Dukes. Farley Small Potatoes...

bronson
#13 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 08:51
Getting The Hang Of It

dotcom wrote:
fat part are u 4 real or just kissing saxton 's arse without the help of danny paul would not of got this far so thank u danny golden ball 's evan 's 4 helping the grass out . . Saxton u no what i mean !!
oi dum cum there you go yet again bullying people, take a look at the picture of yourself on your profile and answer this should you not be chalking that cue up ready to cue that boulder you call a head on your shoulders instead as apparantly thats the biggest thing about youlaughing.why do you insist on this bullying of the sites webmaster or is it because hes got what you have not ie: respect from the genuine users of this site? you just make me so Angry
c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/109/l_0f5cea7bf481489daff9ec9f8944e0a8.jpg

bronson
#14 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 08:57
Getting The Hang Of It

Farley wrote:
Coneycueist wrote:
Indeed... Funny how docom had very little 2 say when he was ask time and, again if the money match HE, offered The Power, was ON or OFF... Actually there is still no answer... Think i will give him one more chance to confirm... I know Walters is no chicken... Bully yes but, ( only when he can get away with it ) but, no chicken...
GRASS... How dare you use the word... Who hid in the corner of the pool room after, The Farley was closed cos, they where afraid to leave and, phoned the police cos, a MAN wanted 2 have a one 2 one...
I had 2 sort out ur *******and save ur guttless arse...
Now be a good boy Walters and dont start me...
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dum come whats all that about and farley do spill the beans what had he done or are you a man of principal and would prefer dum come REVEALED himself taxi for dum cum

bronson
#15 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 09:03
Getting The Hang Of It

Hello Everyone

Danny and I between us have spent most of today and last night doing a major update. We have tried to keep the site looking as close to the old version as possible with a few tweaks here and there as well as the new features that have come with the update. The new version of fusion (the technology that this site is built on) is much more powerful, and over the next few weeks I will be investigating what other features could be added to the site.

Thanks to Danny for all of his help in this, Danny's detailed knowledge of fusion, and my experience with databases has allowed us to perform this update without closing down the site, with Danny managing to get the core site updated and me getting the smileys sorted along with other tweaks and database information copying

In the meantime, its been a very long day so I have finished on the update for today. My final challenges before the update is complete are to get the hover box working for the last post on a thread, and see about giving more room to a thread title. I will look into this over the next few days

Paul[/quote]
Edited by bronson on 30-03-2009 09:05

bronson
#16 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 09:08
Getting The Hang Of It

bronson wrote:
Hello Everyone

Paul
[/quote] i didnt know danny but hey you saxtonator your doing a great job on this site keep it up and give the muppet dot come a extra wide berth as he is not anyone of importance.Smile

qwerty
#17 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 14:15
Home From Home

dotcom wrote:

I feel so sorry for golden danny he must be in absolute agony when you keep wedging your abnormally large head up his sh1tter .... Fieldsy now danny you must really like the taste of sh1t andy censored
Edited by qwerty on 30-03-2009 15:12
WHY SO SERIOUS?

Fat-Dart
#18 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2009 16:20

FORUM ADDICT!

dotcom wrote:
fat part are u 4 real or just kissing saxton 's arse

Oh Andy, you sad, sorry little man. I merely give credit where it's due; unlike you, who just likes to dish out unwarranted abuse to anyone and everyone. After all, you're the one who posts whatever you're told to by other people, like the puppet you are.

You are pathetic. You clearly have the worst case of short man syndrome I have ever encountered. You were undoubtedly bullied at school, as well as ridiculed in English class for your appalling command of grammar. Now you're older (notice I didn't use the term 'grown up' - in either sense) you think you're the best thing to happen to pool. You're wrong. Again.

Grow up, Andy. Crawl back under your (very small) stone and stop annoying the bigger boys.
no

Farley
#19 Print Post
Posted on 31-03-2009 08:09

Home From Home

Mr Walters did you not view this thread...

Farley
#20 Print Post
Posted on 31-03-2009 08:17

Home From Home

Fat-Dart wrote:
dotcom wrote:
fat part are u 4 real or just kissing saxton 's arse

Oh Andy, you sad, sorry little man. you're the one who posts whatever you're told to by other people, like the puppet you are.

You are pathetic.
no
Old Saying... Comes to mind...No honour among thieves...

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Dan Mason
Dan Mason
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing