jacko265 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
KO COMP DRAWS
jacko
#1 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2013 09:04
Must Get Out More

Am thinking ov proposing that all ko comps get drawn in public at the beginning ov each season n not re drawn every round...iv played in this league for many years n cant help but notice a pattern where all the favourites seem to draw each other n all the outsiders draw each other...i once won the singles n woz ranked 3rd n got drawn against the other top 5 players which asa gambling man thought wats the odds on that n this sort ov thing happens year in year out...last year prop draw eagles twice before the different ko finals n now the singles 16 ov us left n iv got mev n andy as metin,cum on really wat is the odds on this keep happening...i know its in the leagues best interest for underdogs to ava chance but on the other hand should this not all b done above board n in public so we no it is just a coincidence this keeps happening...feel terrible to av to post this but enuf is enuf, i believe fairness should prevail n thats only wat iv ever wanted in the league or ina game ov pool...i may not b playing much longer unfortunatley but it would b nice if in the future things wer done differently...i knew the draw before it woz made,lucky guess? or av i seen it all before butter wouldn't melt ...

Kermy
#2 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2013 16:58
Home From Home

I gotta feelin the draw is done at the start,if Mark was to put the draw sheet up at certain venues then u could see who u possibly get in ur side of draw. I personally like the surprise of waiting for the draw and let's be honest,the further u get in these comps the more likely ur gonna get drawn against top players. If ur gonna win it uve gotta beat the best,just my opinion.

Triple C
#3 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2013 19:50

Home From Home

Speaking of which has the draw been done for the next round?? I don't see anything up and I believe the next tie is to be played next Monday... unless i'm mistaken??

the-shark
#4 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2013 20:46

Home From Home

dont quit jacko id miss your weekly medical updates.Grin
www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

Big Ben Ten
#5 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2013 21:13

Home From Home

dont worry jacko, its all legit. The Pakistani cricket team do the draw.

LangleySports

ben_jamin_is@hotmail.com
handbrake
#6 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2013 21:17
Home From Home

It's been like it for years u just have to expect it I think

Viper
#7 Print Post
Posted on 30-11-2013 13:18
Must Get Out More

jacko wrote:
Am thinking ov proposing that all ko comps get drawn in public at the beginning ov each season n not re drawn every round...iv played in this league for many years n cant help but notice a pattern where all the favourites seem to draw each other n all the outsiders draw each other...i once won the singles n woz ranked 3rd n got drawn against the other top 5 players which asa gambling man thought wats the odds on that n this sort ov thing happens year in year out...last year prop draw eagles twice before the different ko finals n now the singles 16 ov us left n iv got mev n andy as metin,cum on really wat is the odds on this keep happening...i know its in the leagues best interest for underdogs to ava chance but on the other hand should this not all b done above board n in public so we no it is just a coincidence this keeps happening...feel terrible to av to post this but enuf is enuf, i believe fairness should prevail n thats only wat iv ever wanted in the league or ina game ov pool...i may not b playing much longer unfortunatley but it would b nice if in the future things wer done differently...i knew the draw before it woz made,lucky guess? or av i seen it all before butter wouldn't melt ...
Your out of line with this and this is nothing short of accusing me of rigging draws ........ Its called the luck of the draw and if any don't suit you and your that angry then sod off and play your pool somewhere else ...... PS, what's my lottery numbers next week if you can see in the future.

Kermy
#8 Print Post
Posted on 30-11-2013 21:33
Home From Home

TOLD lol

jacko
#9 Print Post
Posted on 01-12-2013 17:00
Must Get Out More

so its all a coincidence then...told u every1 that its not rigged,all these many many people who thought these strange draws wer rigged all these years now no its not...n as for sodding off n playing sumwhere else il do wat the fck i want...as long as i stick within the rules...best thing to do i guess mark is ava open public draw to put all these thousands ov doubters minds at rest...il tel u this every1 thinks u rig the draws n every1 asa question mark over subs n trophies...i dont mind mentioning it whilst others may prefer to talk in whispers...dont shot the messenger mark, any1 who understands maths n the laws ov probability no how ard it would b for the same scenarios to constantly reoccur...just saying butter wouldn't melt ...

beardy
#10 Print Post
Posted on 01-12-2013 19:22
Quite The Regular

It's a wonder to me why anybody would want to administrate our league with these kinds of comments.

jacko
#11 Print Post
Posted on 01-12-2013 20:37
Must Get Out More

yes beardy ur so right ,prob best not to mention it eh...nothing wrong at all with putting ur ed in the sand...ina democracy things improve thro asking questions n things bein open n clear...we av an AGM to propose things n make changes for the better,the iffy draws av been psing people off for years but im the only 1 who as publicly cum on here n said it,turn a blind eye if u wish but i choose not to anymore...butter wouldn't melt ...

I C Cool
#12 Print Post
Posted on 01-12-2013 21:37
Quite The Regular

Tony i fancy your old age is bringing on a touch of Cynicism and mistrust m8y. lol

Brooker
#13 Print Post
Posted on 02-12-2013 00:17
Home From Home

Not sure what kinda draw you expect in the last 8, probability is that you are gonna get a decent player.

Been in the league for about 28 years now & never had a problem with the draws personally. With the plate now introduced i beleive it makes the draws even more difficult as you have to have byes in the second round of the main comp, so couldn't see a one off draw for the whole comp working out anyway & personally wouldn't ask for it as i have complete trust that all the draws are totally legitimate.

I think you need to speak for yourself Tony, as i for one do not think the draws are rigged in any way, although to be fair when out & about at pool matches i have heard the odd few people share your opinion. i think its just pot luck who you get drawn against.

Think making these accusasions on this web site is just biting the hand that feeds you. There are not many people in this league that would put the time & effort in that the current people running this league do & this along with the recent moaning about the size of the trophies probably doesn't encourage the current people to continue running this league.
I would rather be playing golf

Viper
#14 Print Post
Posted on 02-12-2013 02:35
Must Get Out More

jacko wrote:
so its all a coincidence then...told u every1 that its not rigged,all these many many people who thought these strange draws wer rigged all these years now no its not...n as for sodding off n playing sumwhere else il do wat the fck i want...as long as i stick within the rules...best thing to do i guess mark is ava open public draw to put all these thousands ov doubters minds at rest...il tel u this every1 thinks u rig the draws n every1 asa question mark over subs n trophies...i dont mind mentioning it whilst others may prefer to talk in whispers...dont shot the messenger mark, any1 who understands maths n the laws ov probability no how ard it would b for the same scenarios to constantly reoccur...just saying butter wouldn't melt ...

Tony, I've been doing this too long to get bothered about whispers or bothered about people like you that come out of the closet and use a website to air your views and opinion so get your team secretary to put together whatever proposal you want to submit, get it seconded and lets put it to the floor in february.

jonny p
#15 Print Post
Posted on 02-12-2013 06:52
Quite The Regular

tony...I've been playing in the same team as mr mark halsley for the last 2 or year and a half ( can't remember ) if he is riggin it hes doing a rubbush job...we seem to get the legends at the in the early stages (don't give it..... decent team and team we wouldn't want o play early ) we had you I thinkish and you did us 8-0 and we've got the eagles on Monday night...there is good times and bad times but if mark is riggin the draw he's givin his own team pants
so how selective is your thinkin
or do you think he is just targeting you
to be honest playing in this league for a few years and having the pleasure of knowing and playing pool with mark I've found him a pretty straight down the line gent who has from a personnel opinion always acted on behalf of the league with fairness

nuttmeg
#16 Print Post
Posted on 02-12-2013 06:56
Home From Home

Blimey that meeting will be busy with the "thousands of people who think it's rigged" Apart from, I wouldn't believe Mark would rig the draw in a million years, why would he, what possible benefit would he get from doing it?

jacko
#17 Print Post
Posted on 02-12-2013 09:15
Must Get Out More

Like I said in my original post to basically keep the league interested by stopping any kind ov monopoly by the top dogs...think bout it if every top trophy woz fought out by the elite then others would lose interest...I luv playing the best players I tend to raise my game n enjoy it but this aint about me this is about every top team n top players never meeting in the final coz wev all got drawn against 1 another en route...think sum people may b blind to this...its mathematics pure n simple but im afraid these things seem to shoot straight over sum peoples ed...I do understand the positives but stil don't make it rightbutter wouldn't melt ... am truly truly sori if this post offends but cum on pls think bout it..

BUNTER
#18 Print Post
Posted on 02-12-2013 14:40
Quite The Regular

jonny p wrote:
tony...I've been playing in the same team as mr mark halsley for the last 2 or year and a half ( can't remember ) if he is riggin it hes doing a rubbush job...we seem to get the legends at the in the early stages (don't give it..... decent team and team we wouldn't want o play early ) we had you I thinkish and you did us 8-0 and we've got the eagles on Monday night...there is good times and bad times but if mark is riggin the draw he's givin his own team pants
. Very true
NAMES WIN FRAMES

Big Ben Ten
#19 Print Post
Posted on 02-12-2013 16:03

Home From Home

jacko wrote:
its mathematics pure n simple but im afraid these things seem to shoot straight over sum peoples ed...

Well I'm glad you know your maths because your english is terrible
LangleySports

ben_jamin_is@hotmail.com
the-shark
#20 Print Post
Posted on 02-12-2013 18:36

Home From Home

i think if you look at the various winners of the league, the cups and the individual singles over the years i really cant see where they have not been won by any other than elite players or teams so wheres the argument? if someone else wins it from outside the elite as you put it then great and good luck to them but to make accusations of rigging is just a total rubbish.
www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Pawleyne Arms
Pawleyne Arms
Summer League 2007 Presentation Night
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing