jacko265 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
KO COMP DRAWS
handbrake
#41 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2013 04:13
Home From Home

I must be able to predict the future cos me and John have drawn Gary and Katie In the doubles Qf..... Must be rigged !! violin Grin

No1 Nugget
#42 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2013 04:23
Must Get Out More

Doubles Plate quarter final draw,

Danny kelliher/Steve k v dean cooper/nick pool
Lee manister/charles burrows v Craig jones/Shane
Peter dewsbury/Wayne thomas v John Hersey,grant Westbrook
Neil/Darren v Gary swettenham,Scott Harrison,
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

jacko
#43 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2013 07:14
Must Get Out More

Find it so frustrating n actually feel sori for sum ov the people who r trying to mug me off bcoz they r so dumb or av never been gud enuf that they av not noticed the draw patterns in the past...pls tel me how is it possible for all the best players n teams to keep bumping into each other before the final, surely to god they cant constantly b in the same half all the time wen it gets re drawn conveniently each round...it benefits the league to stop the same teams monopolising everything n let sum underdogs ava chance...iv actually been told this by sum1 who as admitted to me there as been a deliberate interference to stop a total monopoly in the past ...its so fckin obvious to any1 with more than 1 brian sell band playing make a draw swap 1 or 2 teams around n so forth...thats ard to do aint it...I wanted to let this drop after I got my rant out ov my system but then get people giving it ...u no nothing u fools...there av been rong doings but lets just ignore it yea...butter wouldn't melt ...

the-shark
#44 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2013 18:00

Home From Home

zzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

longshanks
#45 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2013 20:42

Must Get Out More

"more than one Brian sell" - classic.

Truey
#46 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2013 21:14
Quite The Regular

does Brian Buy or Sell his brain cells ?
ffs......
Jacko, can you draw the world cup today to ensure england get a so called eassy draw

HOW LONG LEFT ?

Truey
#47 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2013 21:15
Quite The Regular

oh and who is the person that apparently told you this
HOW LONG LEFT ?

Golden
#48 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2013 22:13

FORUM ADDICT!

You crazy kids!

The draw was always suspect but that was part of the novelty. The way I see it you'd have to beat Mev at some point so might as well do it now.

I miss all this. The draw is done either at the monthly meetings or on a live stream up this way so it gets a little boring everyone living in harmony Sad
No Armani No Punani!

jacko
#49 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2013 22:34
Must Get Out More

U did note I put a band playing after brian sell? Woz bein sarcastic n mocking the mentally challenged....n for those who commented on the delib mistake it mite b u...bless butter wouldn't melt ...

jacko
#50 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2013 22:51
Must Get Out More

P.s. iv always enjoyed playing top players n winning the odd title or 2 so aint about an easy draw its bout a fair draw...plus av u not considered how these draws effect the rankings...it would b nice to look at the rankings at the end ov the year n say wel there pretty much the best 10 players croydon av instead ov looking at it n thinking wtf is that list about...I got the doubles points halved even tho I wanted em gone n managed to geta slight increase for div1 wins to try n geta truer reflection...rankings means nothing if its based on a debatable draw n points system...hench div2 players winning it twice in recent years...am only asking for fair play n a truer looking rankings n ko system...butter wouldn't melt ...

Viper
#51 Print Post
Posted on 07-12-2013 03:29
Must Get Out More

So for all those that are interested this is how the draws are made at the moment in all KO comps ........ when you are furbished with the initial 1st round draws all fixtures have match numbers. When the winners become apparent a column is inserted next to the original match number in an excel spreadsheet and a random number is given to all by a formula that reads =rand(). This formula is copied down the entire entrants left and then a sort command is given to the random numbers that jumbles up the entries left so if its a 128 draw then the first 64 play at home against the last 64 ie 1 v 65, 2 v 66 etc etc etc ........ So Mr Jackson, in your opinion what is unfair about that ........ try it yourself and perhaps you might just put this to sleep.

jacko
#52 Print Post
Posted on 07-12-2013 04:09
Must Get Out More

so once drawn u cant swap a name around? no reason not to do a public draw is there ,1 draw from the outset people can rearrange games if they wish n theyl never b any reason for a late result as future opponents can b contacted way in advance if need...keep a big print out down the farly,rileys n frames n people can watch it progress n like the world cup av fun debating how its gona progress...save u any hassle wouldnt it...butter wouldn't melt ...

Reigatesfinest
#53 Print Post
Posted on 07-12-2013 15:25
Getting The Hang Of It

Reigate's comps are drawn during committee meetings although it is easier to do as we have 16 venues with up to 8 st each venue, then redraw the last 16 and it is played to the final, done.and dusted in 2 nights.

Shaggy
#54 Print Post
Posted on 08-12-2013 03:29
Must Get Out More

Frankly this is a load of old *******

I dont really play in the comps anymore but I personally like the concept if getting a random draw the week before.

On his first game back in the league Mark hslsey drew met tomris in the first round. Fix. Not sure about that.

House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacko
#55 Print Post
Posted on 08-12-2013 05:54
Must Get Out More

wat on earth does that av2 do with the point i woz making...i am not for 1 minute saying all draws r rigged...all i said is from time to time there is possibly a bit ov tampering to put the better players/teams against each other in the latter stages particularly...i remember beating john hersey ina singles final 1 year n we meet in the quarters knowing full well we wer playing the final basically coz en route we ad beaten all the other top players n the weaker players ad all been playing 1another to ensure weaker players progressed n stronger players all knocked each other out...i woz happy enuf to breeze thro the semi n the final that year but found it a tad unfair on others who didnt get fair crack at the whip...actually think bout it shaggy this as happened year in year out...its not possible is it with a fair draw,yea on occasion ov course it can happen but not 24/7...really butter wouldn't melt ...

Special K
#56 Print Post
Posted on 08-12-2013 18:06
Must Get Out More

Tony here's what I think for what it's worth.....put the subject to bed mate you have expressed how u feel u are just making your self look silly mate people are entitled to there opinion and that's what u have but what I will say is how does it benefit mark rigging draws mate it physically can't the draw is the draw u have to beat good players at some stage I'd rather win the singles bearing good players/teams etc much better mate had a great final with Trevor best final I been in 5-4 nail biting stuff every mistake punished from both party's played hughie in the semi aswell now when I won the singles I really won it playing the elite of Croydon pool much better than playing somebody with zero class! Forget it being rigged mate it aint it's in your head seriously your just going to piss mark off even more is it worth it? Get that head and shoulder down play the balls your good enough!
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Viper
#57 Print Post
Posted on 09-12-2013 02:25
Must Get Out More

I'm too old in the tooth to be pissed off by someone airing his opinion but at the end of the day if the boy wants to think rigging or tampering goes on then let him think it and if he wants a public one off draw then let him put pen to paper and put it to the league. Personally it makes little difference to me whether its a one off or round re-draws as I can only undertake what is decided at meetings but I am in a position where I have to be accountable and accountable I have been in my 30 years doing this and have been challenged by bigger and better over the years but hey ......... I'm still here, so I must be doing something right !!.

Statto
#58 Print Post
Posted on 12-12-2013 03:32

Home From Home

I'm going to look at this from a different viewpoint, which will hopefully show why jacko thinks he has a point, but at the same time show that it is invalid...so lets do the maths.

Cast your minds back to the heady days of a five division league. Each division would have approximately 100 players, giving approx 500 players in total. Obviously not everyone would enter the singles, and probably not even half, so let us assume for now that 200 players entered.

Now look at the players who are capable of reaching the later stages of this competition. Eagles and Prop players would feature heavily, along with players from the Better Halfs and Unpredictables, and undoubtedly some other individuals from other teams. It would therefore be reasonable to suggest that there would be 32 "better players" capable of reaching the later stages of the singles, or 1/6 of the total entrants.

For the purpose of this example, let us assume that the first round is drawn with no byes. Everyone has a 1 in 6 chance of playing a "better player", and that includes the "better players" themselves. On that basis, there would probably be 3 matches that pit "better players" against each other. (1/6 of 32 is 6 when rounded to the nearest even number, giving 3 matches)

Let us also assume that the form book holds true in the other games, which would leave 29 "better players" out of the 100 in the next round. This creates the probability that there is approximately a 1 in 3 chance of drawing a better player. On the same basis as before, this would create 5 games where "better players" play each other. This would leave 24 "better players" in the draw for the next round, meaning that 25% of that group have already been eliminated.

With 50 players in the next round, there is now a 1 in 2 chance of meeting a "better player", so it would be reasonable to assume that there would be 12 of the remaining 24 "better players" playing each other, meaning a further 6 are eliminated.

After 3 rounds, the starting group of 32 "better players" has been reduced by nearly half. On the face of it, it could seem that better players are being drawn against each other, but the laws of probability and statistics show that this should actually be a normal, expected outcome. Indeed, any draw where "better players" all avoid each other is actually statistically far less likely, and therefore has a higher probability of being rigged.

I am fully aware that there are a number of assumptions and approximations made within the explanation above. This is purely to demonstrate the principle of the calculation, rather than being bogged down in specifics.

I know I have lived up to my screen name in this long winded explanation, but for those that have read this far, I hope it makes sense, and enables this debate to be concluded without further upset.
Edited by Statto on 12-12-2013 07:36

Truey
#59 Print Post
Posted on 12-12-2013 04:00
Quite The Regular

[quote]Statto wrote:
I'm going to look at this from a different viewpoint,

I was done after you said that......why would anyone listen to a different viewpoint hitting with a chair
HOW LONG LEFT ?

Shaggy
#60 Print Post
Posted on 12-12-2013 04:25
Must Get Out More

I never trust a person that says math rather than maths. Point invalidated.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Micky Samuel
Micky Samuel
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing