Posted on 14-07-2008 15:14

FORUM ADDICT!

I bet you're wrong . .

. . see what I did there!

JamieMc
#22 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 15:18

Quite The Regular

blimey, i only offered to help!!!! As shaggy is aware i am generally am not fussed about who i shag, but yes it does come at a price laughing

Betfair is indeed the best as long as there is liquidity in the market you are looking to place your bet on. As for Bluesq we offer our own prices and yes can often be worst price but do equally offer best price. My offer is genuine in that i can drop you in some free bets from time to time (better than an offer in a daily paper).

The choice is yours....
Edited by JamieMc on 14-07-2008 15:20

Lils
#23 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 16:04

Must Get Out More

I think your offer of help and free bets is most kind Jamie, thank you. Although I suppose I WOULD say that, considering i'm apparently banging you . . . Smile

Ok - this weeks bets have been placed (via Ladbrokes until the syndicate decides whether or not we take up Jamies generous offer) and proof of the bets can be found via http://www.croydo...nnawk1.pdf

Smile

the flash
#24 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 16:14
Quite The Regular

May I suggest that as you are doing this on the run up to xmas that you do one or two ante post bets, usually you can get good price for future events i.e. football and will you give you something else to be interested in. Also remember you can bet in running on events, prices will change as the event is going but you can get value and with both the suggestions above you could also if your quick you could end up with a no lose bet.

There is no way that Bluesq would have a stronger book then Betfair, most of the layers on betfair are bookmakers and most sp's are now dependant on what happens on betfair. Only on fringe sports with little interest would they be better. Betfair traded over ?60 million on wimbledon.
because i can

ThePower
#25 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 16:27

Must Get Out More

Good luck with your bets. Interesting to see if they set the tone for the betting syndicate. I think at 9's or 10's Garcia is a terrible price for someone who is not a world class putter. A few years back he had his chance to take the Open from Woods but melted on the greens. Els likewise has lost the touch on the greens and these days relies on a big last day. Singh has not looked like winning anything since he changed from playing with Cleveland irons. Mickleson is capable of destroying Birkdale, and lets hope the homo doesn't do it.

Without Woods in the field, all the top boys will be creaming themselves. Westwood has played well in every major this year and would love to see him nail it, Jimenez has played solid recently. Stricker loves the British Open. As does Rich Beem (300's).

If any one of Garcia, Els, Singh gets placed in the top 3, I'll eat my words for slagging your bets and donate ?10 to your pot. winking

Plenty of 'value' bets this week at the Open. I like the look of the following:
Richard Green 80's - great putter, holes everything (well nearly)...
Oliver Wilson 100's - wears yellow belts...
Simon Dyson 175's - plays golf like Daniel Evans plays pool...(slowly)
Jerry Kelly 200's - has the sweetest swing in the World..back him in every major so he owes me....!
Edited by ThePower on 14-07-2008 17:00

andye
#26 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 16:30

Home From Home

Golden wrote:
I bet you're wrong . .

. . see what I did there!

what price wil you offer me?

Golden
#27 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 16:40

FORUM ADDICT!

4/6

andye
#28 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 16:49

Home From Home

i shall compare with the other bookies first...!!!

Lils
#29 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 16:58

Must Get Out More

ThePower wrote:
If any one of Garcia, Els, Singh gets placed in the top 3, I'll eat my words and donate £10 to your pot. winking

If they finish in the top 5, i'll be happy and will get some return. Smile

Never claimed to know anything about golf, but I like Mickleson coz he's a left-hander like myself, Singh and Garcia have nice smiles and Els looks like a bloke I went to school with.

That's the extent of knowledge that went into my bets. If I win something, then it's a bonus.

p.s. If one of your aforementioned players DO get placed in the top 3, will you actually pay up this time? winking

ThePower
#30 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 17:04

Must Get Out More

Lils wrote:
ThePower wrote:

p.s. If one of your aforementioned players DO get placed in the top 3, will you actually pay up this time? winking

And there was me thinking you had got over 'that'...

Thanks, that just made my day....roll on the floor laughing

Golden
#31 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 17:44

FORUM ADDICT!

Here we go again rolling eyes bored

andye
#32 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 19:06

Home From Home

Lils wrote:
ThePower wrote:
If any one of Garcia, Els, Singh gets placed in the top 3, I'll eat my words and donate ?10 to your pot. winking

If they finish in the top 5, i'll be happy and will get some return. Smile

Never claimed to know anything about golf, but I like Mickleson coz he's a left-hander like myself, Singh and Garcia have nice smiles and Els looks like a bloke I went to school with.

That's the extent of knowledge that went into my bets. If I win something, then it's a bonus.

typical womens betting...lol
i went to sandown with a load of big punters/top tipsters
all the doris's bet on jokeys with pink silks or names like 'donna's delight'... trouble is all the women came out as winners!!! lol

i think garcia may make it a hatrick for spain. andres romero is my bet!

Shaggy
#33 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 20:27
Must Get Out More

In the last 10 years or so, Els, Love, Stricker, Furyk, Woods have consistently been high on the leaderboards throughout.

Singh is woefully out of form at the moment, and to some extent him and Garcia are very similar. Supreme strikers of the ball, but miss so many birdie chances from inside 20 ft.

Westwood has been involved with every major on day 3 for the last two seasons, I think there are only about 4 players that could say that so he obviously cant be discounted. I said Richard Green last year, and the Power called me a chump. How times change. Its also about time Dougherty and Casey stepped up to the plate, though I dont think they will.

Havent looked at either the entrants list or in fact the odds, but in the absence of Woods and the collapse of the vale bets id go personally for:-

Westwood
Scott
Mickleson
and a couple of cheeky ?5's on Martin Kaymer (outsider as unproven on links) and Freddie Jakobson (looked the nuts a few years ago and has gone awol for a while)

House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lils
#34 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 21:57

Must Get Out More

The rules regarding the syndicate at the time of posting were that I had to pick something that would have a result by the time my week was concluded (21/7 @ Midday), so this pretty much just left me with Horses or Golf.

Knowing nothing of any consequence about either and with no-one having posted any tips prior, I chose my bets.

If I win nothing, then so be it! I'll be very surprised if I'm the only one who doesn't get a return on our money in the weeks to come, but say that, I'll take the hit and be the 'loser' of the syndicate if it means everyone else makes cash to put in the kitty! I'm a team player like that; bit like GFizz on a Tuesday . . . Wink

Maybe i'll have a bit more to bet on come my next turn!

Lils
#35 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 21:59

Must Get Out More

Everyone should pray that Garcia, Els or Singh finish Top 3, just to get the extra tenner from The Power into the kitty! laughing

ThePower
#36 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 22:02

Must Get Out More

Not going to delete that one then Donna?

ThePower
#37 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 22:13

Must Get Out More

Shaggy wrote:
I said Richard Green last year, and the Power called me a chump. How times change. Its also about time Dougherty and Casey stepped up to the plate, though I dont think they will.

Havent looked at either the entrants list or in fact the odds, but in the absence of Woods and the collapse of the vale bets id go personally for:-

Westwood
Scott
Mickleson
and a couple of cheeky ?5's on Martin Kaymer (outsider as unproven on links) and Freddie Jakobson (looked the nuts a few years ago and has gone awol for a while)

Green finished 4th last year if I recall he came from miles off the pace on the last day though Shaggy?! I can't knock him though as he has earnt in excess of ?4 million euros in the last 4 seasons on the circuit. He strikes the ball as well as anyone on the Tour but with an added bonus he holes enough putts. Having just had 3 top 10 finishes in the past 5 events at 80/1 - he has to be massive value. If you can still get 80's...

I tell you what Shaggy, as I'm still due a crack at getting my ?50 back....if you take Jakobsen, Kaymer, Casey and Dougherty. I'll stick with Green, Kelly, Wilson and Dyson. Pretty even if you way up all their odds. Top player takes the dosh?
Edited by ThePower on 14-07-2008 22:20

Lils
#38 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 22:20

Must Get Out More

ThePower wrote:
Not going to delete that one then Donna?

confused

AAAAANYWAY . . .

. . .I'm now looking forward to the golf. Smile

Anyone else from the syndicate got any ideas on what they might be having a cheeky punt on?!

Shaggy
#39 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 22:29
Must Get Out More

Rd One Udate (Current)
Green +6
Kellly +13
Wilson +7
Dyson +12

Jakobson +1
Kaymer +5
Casey +8
Dougherty +5
Edited by Shaggy on 18-07-2008 00:50
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThePower
#40 Print Post
Posted on 14-07-2008 22:53

Must Get Out More

Cheers for accepting the bet.

Green's actually up to 47th mainly due to finishing 3rd at the weekend, but otherwise its pretty much spot on....

Overall, on WR's you have the edge. Dyson being my weak link. But will Simon Dyson on Sunday afternoon come back to haunt you.....laughing

Out of interest, you mentioned Davis Love, he is down to 149th in the World Rankings and sneaked through to this weekend after a 4 man play off in US qualification. Likes of Darren Clarke, Jose Maria Olazabal failed to qualify last month in the UK version. Shows how competitive its getting.
Edited by ThePower on 14-07-2008 22:59

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Danny Evans
Danny Evans
Charity Challenge Match 2005
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing