oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Division 2 week 18
No1 Nugget
#1 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 06:28
Must Get Out More

One nil down 5 v 6 Farley legends

Not a great start from us tonight losing the first set 3 v 2 then heard pond q were 5 v 0 up out arses started to go a bit but the hole team dug deep and pulled it back winning the 4 frames to go up 6 v 3 and to be fair our opponents gave us a good game winning the last 2 games, and i do believe the pond q won 9 v 2 which wins us the titletrophyonealso want to say well done to Chris Brooker for 3/3 and winning the divisionals well done mate thumba really nice guy, see you guys in the summer, Pfft
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

No1 Nugget
#2 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 06:44
Must Get Out More

neil wrote:
One nil down 5 v 6 Farley legends

Not a great start from us tonight losing the first set 3 v 2 then heard pond q were 5 v 0 up our arses started to go a bit (well mine did looool)but the hole team dug deep and pulled it back winning the next 4 frames to go up 6 v 3 and to be fair our opponents gave us a good game winning the last 2 games, and i do believe the pond q won 9 v 2 which wins us the titletrophyonealso want to say well done to Chris Brooker for 3/3 and winning the divisionals well done mate thumba really nice guy, see you guys in the summer, Pfft

mayweatherbrindle
#3 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 07:29
Home From Home

Congratulations to the legends...well done.and well done to chris brooker who won the divisionals.im absolutely gutted i never got to finish the season.hopefully ill make a decent recovery and compete for it next season....well done to every one who made it a great season
Im croydons no 1....even when i lose i win-NEIL HALL
trophyone

Triple C
#4 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 16:35

Home From Home

Well done to the Legends - Finished the strongest of the top 4 and is just as deserving of being champions as the other contenders showing determination, fight and spirit...

Definitely a good example of 'the best team doesn't always end up on top' but great advert for Croydon pool with one of the closest finishes involving so many teams.

Again - Congrats to the Legends... Commiserations to the Pond, Loyalists (and our own team, Rack Pack)... Thanks for a good ol' scrap!

Until next season...

Viper
#5 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 16:39
Must Get Out More

Farley Loyalists 6-5 Goodfellas

Nice to finish the season on a winning note, although at 3-0 down I thought otherwise at the time. Congratulations to both the Farley Legends and Pond Wheatsheaf on their promotion and I wish them both well in their endeavours within Div.1 next season and on a whole to all Div.2 teams this season as this was a hard fought championship with the tables constantly changing throughout the season and it all going down to the wire in the last week with only a single point seperating the Winners & Runners-Up. I've not played competitive within the league since 2002 and this truly was a great campaign with the Loyalists in getting back playing competitive again.

Pondlife
#6 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 16:41

Must Get Out More

Flying Machine 2 Pond Wheatsheaf 9

A good night as always in the depths of Kent(Croydon & very large Distict Pool League). Fair result, but just not enough to catch our semi-professional opponents from the Farley Legends. Congratulations to Neil and his disfunctional team of reprobates and mercenaries. However I really do have to question the financial sanity of the ginger headcase's actions. You could buy 10 equivalent trophies and still have enough change for you all to get drunk,for the retainer to just one of your team. You really do appear to be one sandwich short of a picnic,but if you're happy,that's the main thing,I suppose . At least you are currently not a drain on the Care in the Community projects . That should count as a blessing for now.

Triple C
#7 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 16:53

Home From Home

Final table anyone?

No1 Nugget
#8 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 17:00
Must Get Out More

Ohhh pat you do go on point and laughloooool it really don't matter what anyone says we have deserved it and won more doubles than anyone in this division drunkand was the best team this season and I told you once we have gone top in the past 5 seasons we have never let it go, and I told you all we would be in div1 bring it on boxer to all you doubters out there the Farley legends are comming to see all the big boys, can't waitapplause

Pondlife
#9 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 17:10

Must Get Out More

Final table Paul,as you ask so nicely:

Farley Legends 123
Pond Wheatsheaf 122
FramesRack Pack 117
Farley Loyalists 117
1NilDown 101
The Wizards 98
Goodfellas 98
The Folly 79
Flying Machine 69
Farley Dukes 68

Triple C
#10 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 17:16

Home From Home

neil wrote:
Ohhh pat you do go on point and laughloooool it really don't matter what anyone says we have deserved it and won more doubles than anyone in this division drunkand was the best team this season

Neil how did you figure that out when Pond ONLY lost 3 games??

Loyalists and ourselves ONLY lost 4 games each??

Do the math...

You really are unable to be gracious in victory... All have posted positive comments on your team yet you are still unable to reciprocate that back...

Words too big for you?? Look it up!!
Edited by Triple C on 17-04-2013 17:17

Triple C
#11 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 17:19

Home From Home

Pondlife wrote:
Final table Paul,as you ask so nicely:

Thanks Pat!

Special K
#12 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 17:25
Must Get Out More

Neil well done and happy for u and your team! Although on another note u kinda gotta take your hat of to pat mate stepping down into div 2 and keeping his team together when in some cases many would of lost interest has being relegated is sometimes so hard to take! But they tried pushed u close so firstly unlucky pat and the pond and secondly they are in the SEMI finals of the champions league A.K.A the league cup great achievement to be fair and a good little side 1 may feel if you didn't bring in new players at a crucial time they may have just run away with it! But take nothing away from you Neil.
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Pondlife
#13 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 17:59

Must Get Out More

Danny,just a small but salient point. We were NOT relegated. We were shuffled down because of the dwindling numbers. It is because of the fewer teams that the League Cup would appear to be going on for ever. We have already played 13 games in this competition and we're only in the semis. On a more positive note,it was great to see a greatly improved Steve last Monday. I didn't know that he has been in such poor health. Being selfish,I hope that we can temporarily depress him next Tuesday by inflicting a defeat on his beloved team ,just like we did last year. See you soon !!

No1 Nugget
#14 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 18:01
Must Get Out More

Triple C wrote:
neil wrote:
Ohhh pat you do go on point and laughloooool it really don't matter what anyone says we have deserved it and won more doubles than anyone in this division drunkand was the best team this season

Neil how did you figure that out when Pond ONLY lost 3 games??

Loyalists and ourselves ONLY lost 4 games each??

Do the math...

You really are unable to be gracious in victory... All have posted positive comments on your team yet you are still unable to reciprocate that back...

Words too big for you?? Look it up!!

Paul loyalists lost 6 games mate and I do appreciate everybody's comments and we have lost 5 but only 3 teams beat us goodfellas,loyalists,and pond q that's how I worked it out we done 6 doubles like the pond q, anyways it's over we done it and looking forward to the summer to defend the title can anyone stop us boxer

Special K
#15 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 18:14
Must Get Out More

Sorry pat my mistake then mate.
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

the-shark
#16 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 19:10

Home From Home

as a neutral you have to say the 2nd division was without doubt the most exciting this season especially with the amount of teams all fighting for top spot! shame the rat pack couldnt keep there early season momentum going as i was sure they was going to win but credit to the legends who looked dead & buried at the half way mark but with new signings turned it around to finish on top!
www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

No1 Nugget
#17 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2013 04:06
Must Get Out More

Totally agree mr shark that has to be the closes it's been for a long time 4 teams figting all the way and it was a very enjoyable season and also gotta say it's a really tough division a lot of hard games and some top players so good luck to everyone next winter, bring on the summer boxer

No1 Nugget
#18 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2013 04:07
Must Get Out More

Totally agree mr shark that has to be the closes it's been for a long time 4 teams figting all the way and it was a very enjoyable season and also gotta say it's a really tough division a lot of hard games and some top players so good luck to everyone next winter, bring on the summer boxer

Rambo
#19 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2013 19:37
Home From Home

Well done Neil. Smile

No1 Nugget
#20 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2013 20:13
Must Get Out More

Cheers Rambothumb told u we wouldn't get relegatedpoint and laugh looooool, champions of div2 mate it feels good, now for the summer to retain our title trophyonecome onnnnnnnnnnboxer can anyone stop us? I don't think so maybe, looking at all the teams, loyalists and Langley apart from that we will do it again Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Wahid Abdul
Wahid Abdul
24hr Charity Pool Marathon 2006
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing