jacko267 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
Peter and Jean Brooks
Statto
#1 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2011 01:09

Home From Home

I'm sure most of you know Peter Brooks, and if you don't, the team you're playing tonight do.....Among other things, Peter is responsible for founding (over 25 years ago) what we now know as the Summer League, and often assists the presentation party at league functions.

What you may not know is that for a number of years Peter has been a devoted round-the-clock carer for Jean while she battled Parkinsons Disease, only attending pool matches and league functions when he had someone else to look after her.

Jean was taken into Mayday yesterday, and although she seemed to improve slightly in the evening, Peter stayed with her overnight. Unfortunately Jean passed away early this morning.

Obviously, arrangements have yet to be finalised, so details will be provided in due course. In the meantime, I am sure you would like to join me in expressing our heartfelt sympathies to Peter and his family at this sad and difficult time.

speller
#2 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2011 05:48
Getting The Hang Of It

Thanks for letting us know.
Known peter and jean and their son Paul
for years having played pool in the same team
as Paul for a number of years.
And knew them from the new circle club and not
just through pool.
They was good mates of my family.
Sorry to hear about jean and our thoughts
are with you.from ray'tina and dean and
the rest of our family

GrantS
#3 Print Post
Posted on 30-03-2011 16:48
Quite The Regular

As said at our match last night please accept our condolences from the Dukes. Our thoughts are with Peter and family at this difficult time.

Grant

Statto
#4 Print Post
Posted on 31-03-2011 00:56

Home From Home

Jean's funeral will be held on Tuesday April 12th at 10.30am at Beckenham Crematorium. Anyone who wishes to attend the service will be welcome, but afterwards will be for family only.

Anyone wishing to send flowers may do so, alternatively donations may be made to the Parkinsons Society.

Statto
#5 Print Post
Posted on 01-04-2011 04:59

Home From Home

I have just had a phone call from Peter, lasting about15 minutes.

He would like to thank everyone for their calls and texts over the last few days. He has been completely overwhelmed by the amount of people getting in contact. Peter apologised for not getting to talk to everyone, but was very keen to let everyone know how much it means to him.

With regard to the funeral, Peter said that anyone that wished to attend was welcome, but that the wake was being limited to family only in accordance with Jean's wishes. He also mentioned that he was hoping to do something more suitable for the pool league at a later date.

Although Peter is planning to have a few weeks off from pool, he assured me that we hadn't seen the last of him - he just needs a bit of time to adjust.

Once again, many thanks to everyone who's been in touch with Peter...he really is very grateful for the support.

nuttmeg
#6 Print Post
Posted on 04-04-2011 19:13
Home From Home

feel really sorry for Peter,one of the genuinely nice people in our league.

Statto
#7 Print Post
Posted on 13-04-2011 01:10

Home From Home

Peter phoned me this afternoon, and asked me to pass on his thanks to everyone who attended Jean's funeral today, and also for all the flowers cards and messages he has had.

He is really grateful for all the love and support everyone has shown him over the last couple of weeks. He won't be around for the next few weeks, but he is planning on coming back to play in the league again.

I am looking forward to that....it's always a pleasure to see Pete..and i'm sure you all think so too...

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Gary Swettenham
Gary Swettenham
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing