jacko269 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
Presentation night
Statto
#1 Print Post
Posted on 13-01-2008 08:59

Home From Home

Thank you to all those that turned up tonight - and that includes Rod Altes....

A good night was had by all, although I think the venue emptied out a little too quickly after the presentation was completed...the whole idea of these nights is that they are "end of season parties"...good to see Donna after her recent bout of ill health....

Thanks to Hannah and the team for their hard work tonight...see you all next time!!!

Sass
#2 Print Post
Posted on 13-01-2008 22:12

FORUM ADDICT!

Sorry I'm guilty of rushing out - I had to get back for a rather unwilling babysitter! I thought it was a good night.

Thanks to all those involved.

www.croydonpool.com
The_Saxtonator
#3 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 00:22

Super Admin

How about a proposal for finals to be played on presentation night as I think is done in other leagues? Assuming that presentation nights continue at Imperial Way, which I assume they will.

May bring in complications with ranking trophy if its close for number 1 ranked player, and obviously when trophy is presented wont have winners name on there and then but that may encourage more people to make a night of it

Whats the format of the Tolworth presentation night, I think they play finals on the presentation night dont they?

If there is someone to second it I will ask Matt Palmer to propose it

www.saxtonenterprises.com
Sass
#4 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 00:46

FORUM ADDICT!

Personally I'd prefer to have a few beers at the presentation night without having to play a competitive match (assuming I'm lucky enough to reach another final!)
Edited by Sass on 14-01-2008 00:47

www.croydonpool.com
Chris
#5 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 02:29
Getting The Hang Of It

A couple of our team could not stay to pick their Trophies up, as they too had babysitters and did not know the Pesentation would be so late .................... Personally I think it is wrong to start this so late and Hold players to ransom for the trophies they have played so well for just so Riley's can claw back some of the sponsorship money they have parted with over the bar, i think they have already done that with the amount of teams they now have playing out of there......If people want to stay on they will ............Put the presention back to its normal time and give people a choice!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by Chris on 14-01-2008 02:31
It aint over ...................Till its over

Golden
#6 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 07:24

FORUM ADDICT!

I'd be very surprised if Rileys had anything to do with it . . Maybe it's due to people who treat it as a Presentation 15 Minutes rather than a Presentation Evening . .

. . the choice is either you go or you don't . . Leaving as soon as the trophy is presented is just plain rude!

Lils
#7 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 08:37

Must Get Out More

Chris wrote:
A couple of our team could not stay to pick their Trophies up, as they too had babysitters and did not know the Pesentation would be so late ....................

I would have thought the clue was in the title. Presentation 'NIGHT'.

Personally I think it is wrong to start this so late and Hold players to ransom for the trophies they have played so well for just so Riley's can claw back some of the sponsorship money they have parted with over the bar

I don't remember it stating anywhere that the trophies would be awarded at any particular time. And the Presentation Night was started later after the Chairmans decision. Not Rileys.

i think they have already done that with the amount of teams they now have playing out of there

Teams have CHOSEN to play out if Rileys. Probably because they pay for each teams League fees, don't charge anything for the tables and put on nothing short of a monster hot and cold buffet EVERY week for the all teams in the venue that evening, not mentioning taking good care of their tables. How many other venues can claim this and not be laughed at?

......If people want to stay on they will ............

Pubs complain about teams who turn up late and then disappear early without spending any reasonable money, yet you think it's acceptable to turn up to a place, expect to get a pint with 10 straws and be out within 15 minutes?!! Nice.

Put the presention back to its normal time and give people a choice!!!!!!!!!!

You have a choice. You either turn up or you don't. If a team can't spare one night from 8pm until 11pm on a Saturday for an evening which is held at no expense to them, are lucky enough to pick up trophies and plaques which cost more than the League fees they've paid and have a great buffet and entertainment given to them for nothing, then it shows what a selfish bunch a lot of you people are.

I expect you'd moan if nothing were done.

I even heard one person (Landlady, I assume) turn to her team after they received their trophies and say "Is that all we have for what we paid out?" I would have thought the extra revenue behind the bar from the away team players would have more than covered what is paid out every year, let alone having a team which were lucky enough to play well and win something, but I guess it's ok to be greedy if you run a pub, but it's unfair for Rileys to expect support from the people they pay sponsorship for . . .

no

Sass
#8 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 17:13

FORUM ADDICT!

Do you ever read your posts before you hit the submit button?

www.croydonpool.com
Lils
#9 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 21:05

Must Get Out More

Sorry - I don't quite understand what you're getting at. Please elaborate.

Sass
#10 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 21:17

FORUM ADDICT!

I thought it was a straightforward question but I asked it because if someone spoke to me face to face in the tone that your last post is written in - I'd hit them. It's not the first post of yours I've read and thought that.

www.croydonpool.com
Lils
#11 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 21:44

Must Get Out More

evil laugh

You da man! And brave at that . . .

When did Golden hand his website over to you to be able to threaten people like that? Very Uk8Ballesque.

I'm so glad I wasn't speaking to you; I'd be REALLY scared by now. But thanks for your constructive input Mrs Prof. With posts like that I expect Hammond is wishing he never kicked you off his site.

Sass
#12 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 21:54

FORUM ADDICT!

Where did I threaten you or anyone? The only threat I've seen today is in your PM to me.

www.croydonpool.com
Lils
#13 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 21:55

Must Get Out More

And for the record, I know Chris from the Manor. And I believe he isn't stupid enough to think the comments are not personal; something that you perhaps need to be able to identify.

Maybe you need to start networking a little more to be able to appreciate this before becoming so hostile on my husbands website.

Lils
#14 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 22:00

Must Get Out More

Sass wrote:
Where did I threaten you or anyone? The only threat I've seen today is in your PM to me.

Um, I consider someone stating they'd hit someone quite a hostile and threatening statement. But please feel free to post the 'threatening' PM I sent to you!

But is it a good idea to start talking about PM's?

Sass
#15 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 22:13

FORUM ADDICT!

Lils wrote:

Um, I consider someone stating they'd hit someone quite a hostile and threatening statement. But please feel free to post the 'threatening' PM I sent to you!

Hello??? The original post wasn?t directed at me. I said if someone did speak to me like that I?d hit them. Where is the threat to you or anyone else in a hypothetical situation??

I think the tone of your posts is sometimes over the top ? yes. However as you have pointed out at least once this is ?your husband?s website? so you can do as you please.

www.croydonpool.com
Coneycueist
#16 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 22:14

Home From Home

Too late I'm afraid. I think the P.M.S is here for everyone to see already.
The Coney: The Home of Bread and Butter pool since 1999

Lils
#17 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 22:18

Must Get Out More

Aaaaaanyway . . . I think the ladies and mens finals should be held on the night of the presentation. If this means the League has to pay an extra few quid to buy two sticky plaques for the respective trophies and should the rankings be so tight that the winner of the singles should determine the winner, then the trophy will be presented unengraved and then either taken by the League after the evening has finished to be engraved or the winner gets it done themselves and is then reimbursed by the League.

Either way, the mens singles finals (and maybe doubles) should get the recognition it deserves and at the moment is playing to no crowd. If the finals night was made as prestigious an evening as it is in Tolworth, it may regain some of the atmosphere it supposedly had back in the day.

Anyone agree?

Lils
#18 Print Post
Posted on 14-01-2008 22:20

Must Get Out More

Sass wrote:
Lils wrote:

Hello??? The original post wasn’t directed at me. I said if someone did speak to me like that I’d hit them. Where is the threat to you or anyone else in a hypothetical situation??

I think the tone of your posts is sometimes over the top – yes. However as you have pointed out at least once this is ‘your husband’s website’ so you can do as you please.

laughing

Ok.

porky
#19 Print Post
Posted on 15-01-2008 01:56

Getting The Hang Of It

i'm afraid i too am guilty of rushing off after the trophies were given out on saturday,but i had too get home to pick my daughter up from her nans.maybe the trophies could be given out a little earlier to see wether people would stay on but i think people moan if you don't turn up or if you go early so you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Chris
#20 Print Post
Posted on 15-01-2008 02:30
Getting The Hang Of It

Um I did not mean to start a fight .........all I was trying to do was post my thoughts about the evening no matter how negative they might have been (some feedback better than none), I know Rileys are good enough to sponsor our league and let teams play out of their venue but I have had enough business dealings with Rileys in the past to know they are no mugs and not a charity ........ they are doing it for one reason and that is too make money ..........I do not consider myself rude or selfish for leaving when I did.......... Just Tired after a long day!

But playing Finals on the Presentation night is a good Idea as it would possibly lend a little excitement too the evening which I did find sadly lacking.
It aint over ...................Till its over

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Leon Pope
Leon Pope
Croydon Interleague (Current)
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing