oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Division 2 Week 22
EmDee
#1 Print Post
Posted on 19-04-2012 02:56

Home From Home

So after a long night of celebration I posted on my Facebook that Magnum Force are Division 2 Champions and I am divisional singles winner. Which if you look at the results emailed out today is correct (except the singles, they're not out yet).

Apparently someone called Jack Balman who posted on my wall thinks we have in fact not won at all. Apparently The Refugees and Wayne Thomas have won both due to a "wrong result from week 16".

Now I was actually going to post on here about what happened last night because I think it was very unsporting that their away game with the Pawleyne (famous for their fantastic table) was in fact played at their home venue (removing the Pawleyne's home advantage), and the Pawleyne turned up with 3 players, immediately gifting them 4 points and therefore leading to a 9-1 win. This is not a level comparison, if we played the Pawleyne at our home venue the result would have no doubt been very different, not to mention the fact that they had 6 players when we played them.

So what gives? Can anyone shed a little light on this for me?

How can an away match be played at home? What's with the "wrong result from week 16"? What are the scores on the doors?

After being led to believe we have won for them to nick it on a technicality cannot be right.

Discuss

http://www.joincrash.com
JamieMc
#2 Print Post
Posted on 19-04-2012 03:15

Quite The Regular

Simple - having been advised @ 2pm that the pawleyne was having the flooring done around the pool table - the decision was made to relocate to the opponents venue thus negating the obvious advantage of our opponents knowing what score would be required to secure 2nd. This was also in our favour as since the table was replaced we have failed to win @ home and therefore spiralled down the league. Consistent with our recent poor showing in the group cup and re-arranged game with the goodfellas - we only had 3 players; mainly due to having players either at work or unable to attend for other reasons. So turned up with 3 we did (we beat them at their venue previously) but with nothing to play for and our opponents on their game we were thrashed.

EmDee
#3 Print Post
Posted on 19-04-2012 03:46

Home From Home

okay well i didnt start this thread to sound like a bad loser (although I am), but I'm sure you guys understand where I'm coming from after watching my whole team celebrate after coming first despite an extraordinary result (the 9-1 above) and then to be told via facebook that the results emailed out today are wrong by someone i dont know.

If they did win it then well done to them but i wont make it any secret that i dont think they deserve it after the dodgy 9-1 last night against a completely different team to the one we played.

As for the div singles well we'll have to wait and see what the table says.

Unimpressed about this mess, would be nice to be able to rely on the league tables.

JamieMc
#4 Print Post
Posted on 19-04-2012 03:49

Quite The Regular

Agreed and hear you - if my guys hadnt gone one the piss by all accounts we should have won more and the initial intention was to turn out with 5 but 2 last minute drop outs (consistent with the last two weeks) meant we had 3.

Whatapisstake
#5 Print Post
Posted on 19-04-2012 04:40

Must Get Out More

Am shocked after all these years u still don't remember me !! Sorry I've changed me name for legal reasons it's jack balman now aka or used to be Andrew waters .. Duncan plus the mug shot should of given it away ...
am not sticking my acheivements down the list is too long lmao surrender

EmDee
#6 Print Post
Posted on 19-04-2012 05:05

Home From Home

Christ how could anyone forget Mr Waters? God knows I've tried Wink

For the record, you dont actually have a mug shot as an avatar on facebook and you go by a different name! I'm not bloody psychic!

GrantS
#7 Print Post
Posted on 20-04-2012 00:08
Quite The Regular

Dukes 6 - View 4. I'm a bit tired at the mo after work (on the Council, honestly I do some work!) and very confused after reading the above, but can't say it sounds too fair, venues and 3 players combined - we tried our best to see if we could nick 2nd, but that's life.

Well played to the Refugees & Magnum Force, see you next season. At least the Farley has 3 weeks without Tuesday night phone calls from Mr Hersey...Grin

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Andy Esgrove
Andy Esgrove
Croydon Interleague (Past)
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing