oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Division 3 - Wk 18
Foxy
#1 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 06:23

Quite The Regular

Farley Small Potatoes 8 - 3 ~Paxton Arms

Going into tonights game we only needed to get 4 frames to overtake the Cue Slammers for the top spot, but with two of our key players missing, John Duthie and Ray Scott, we knew that we had to get our heads down and do the business.

There were some good frames played tonight and a couple of them could have gone either way and it was a shame that the Paxton could only turn up with 4 players. But we didn't take the win as a given. We didn't let the pressure get to us and after winning the 2nd and 4th frames we knew that we had done it and could relax and enjoy ourselves.

Well played to the Paxton and we wish them all the best for next season. I'm sure that we will meet them again at some point in the future.

The Cue Slammers have had an awesome season but with the Small Pots winning 9 out of the last 10 matches with good results we knew that we had a chance of overtaking them.

I'd just like to say how proud I am of my Small Pots, James, Neil, Tom, Frank John and Ray. You guys are awesome and thoroughly deserve to be where you are. It's a pleasure playing pool with you and I couldn't wish to play with better people. Well Done.
Come On The Farley Spuds!!!

No1 Nugget
#2 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 06:40
Must Get Out More

Well done to you all and to you cathyhugs you have a great bunch down there and well deserved, im glad you guys won it and not the cue slammers well done trophyonenow to do the business in div 3, well what a great season for the Thomas Farley as we have nearly all won some silverware,below is what the pub has achieved this season,
Division 4 title
Division 2 title
And the team k/out plate well done all,
also wanted to thank dave and Betty for all there help with the food and tables especially the middle one as that won 2 championship trophyonebow that's it for now bring on the summer boxer
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

Welshy
#3 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 13:15
Home From Home

Jolly Sailor 3-8 Beechtree Boshers

The title says Div 3 so I'll go with it lol rather than start a new one. Good display by us last night, won the first set 4-1, 3-2 in the second and we won the 11th Grin

Not sure there's a more challenging table in the league but its always nice playing there. Myself, Shano and Jonesy who edges the man of match with win doubles.

Always a good laugh playing the Jolly Sailor, top bunch of lads, we'll see ya again I'm sure handshake

Been an excellent season in Division 3 this year, thanks to all the other teams for making it such a quality season, roll on the summer (slowly) where a good old fashiioned "shuffle up" due to higher division teams dropping out places us in Division 2 Shockhmygod: Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for us but naturally the Beechtree will be up for the challenge
Fortune Favours the Brave...tumbleweed

the-shark
#4 Print Post
Posted on 17-04-2013 19:04

Home From Home

echo the above from the outlaw been a hugely enjoyable season and been nice to see what this leagues really about ie going out and having a laugh so credit to all the teams weve played this season for doing just that! credit to the team for winning the title especially finishing 18-18 great achievement and pleased for the old langley stalwarts tony,rich,kevin.ian,simon that they finally have a divisional trophy! and also well done to ben for the singles! congrats also to the beechtree for finishing 2nd!applause
www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Marc Burnett
Marc Burnett
Charity Challenge Match 2005
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing