oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Winter League Presentation Night
Fat-Dart
#1 Print Post
Posted on 27-07-2013 17:51

FORUM ADDICT!

Don't forget tonight is the Winter League Presentation Night, from 8.00pm onwards at:

Penge Conservative Club
55 Croydon Road
Penge
SE20 7TG

jacko
#2 Print Post
Posted on 28-07-2013 06:19
Must Get Out More

RIP Croydon pool ....sad to see sum guys smash there trophies outside but I kinda get where there coming from...luv u Mr H and have the greatest respect for you and our league but the trophies wear pathetic...I may be living in the past and remember big trophies for big achievements but now its like did we graft all year for these egg cups...unfortunately pubs have disappeared hench our league is dying...in the past it was so hard to win things but now theres a ever diminishing pool ov competition which dilutes ones achievements...bit gutted by it all and now im taking more ova back seat I can sound like a old man n say I remember the good old days...by the way would like to mention div1 most wins went to me n Hughie but no mention was made bout steve potter,swetty n peter knight who wer joint winas with ourselves...sorry but find it all a bit poor butter wouldn't melt ...
Edited by jacko on 28-07-2013 16:05

Special K
#3 Print Post
Posted on 28-07-2013 16:22
Must Get Out More

Gotta agree with u jacko mate 100% rite! Although my rankings n singles trophies was first class respect for that! But it's very true that the team trophies was shocking egg cups sums them up I was there seeing people smash them in frustration the prop worked hard to get what they did n so did we and they were no bigger than an egg cup kinda gutted tbh making the league 15 frames wud make me feel better tho lol. bouncing
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Big Ben Ten
#4 Print Post
Posted on 28-07-2013 21:45

Home From Home

Thanks mark H and the team, I enjoyed the evening and am more than happy with the silverware. I try and win everything I play in for the accolade and sense of achievement, the trophy is just a nice little bonus and helps you remember the achievements when you're a bit older and My egg cup will do just that!

I think some of you guys are expecting a bit too much for the 10-20 quid you pay each season which has to cover not just trophies but admin, venue, dj and equipment, the website and other bits and bobs.
LangleySports

ben_jamin_is@hotmail.com
Muncher
#5 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 01:05
Just Popping In

Big Ben Ten wrote:
Thanks mark H and the team, I enjoyed the evening and am more than happy with the silverware. I try and win everything I play in for the accolade and sense of achievement, the trophy is just a nice little bonus and helps you remember the achievements when you're a bit older and My egg cup will do just that!

I think some of you guys are expecting a bit too much for the 10-20 quid you pay each season which has to cover not just trophies but admin, venue, dj and equipment, the website and oter bits and bobs.

Agree mate I'm not one of the best players you Will ever see so I will cherish my so called egg cup. Smashing your up something you have won. Just shows lack of respect and just sums up the attitude of where the league is wrong..
There will be much rubbing of parts

the-shark
#6 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 01:21

Home From Home

poor show smashing up a trophy irrespective of how big or small it is and muncher i make you right what you just said! if your not happy just leave it and be done with it but smashing it up shows complete lack of respect. wrong attitude guys.
www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

jacko
#7 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 03:59
Must Get Out More

All I would say is our trophies wer a bit to big at one stage but now they r not reflective of ones achievements,iv played in this league many many yearsnand have watched subs increase massively and trophies become none existent iv got div4 runners up trophies from the past what would dwarf the current div1 winners ones...things change I no but I just find it all a bit sadbutter wouldn't melt ...

nuttmeg
#8 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 04:17
Home From Home

Who was it who smashed their trophies up?

RasFas
#9 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 04:24

Quite The Regular

So, what you're saying is, despite all claims to the contrary, size does, in fact, matter?

On a related note, why do people want to play more and more frames for smaller and smaller trophies?

I should probably have thrown some smileys in there so take your pick...

Smile Wink Sad Frown Shock Pfft Cool Grin Angry mad laughing
www.o0o0o.co.uk/franc/images/unpred.gif

Metin250
#10 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 04:49
Home From Home

I cant believe people care about the size of a trophy. I actually find that soo funny that people complain about it. Who ever smashed up his trophy has mugged themselves off.
Man u dont throw their medal when they won the championship coz they wanted a bigger trophy!
Champions league winners get a medal also.
Usain bolt got a medal for winning the Olympic gold.
Its what the trophy represents not the size.
Edited by Metin250 on 29-07-2013 04:51
YNWA

jacko
#11 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 05:48
Must Get Out More

Think a medal ona ribbon ina case would prob be nice mate rather than them trophies they just dont look right...n obviously dont agree with the smashing ov trophies but was not totally surprised as they wer a tad insulting butter wouldn't melt ...

Shaggy
#12 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 06:08
Must Get Out More

You could stick a winners name on an Oxo cube and I would be happy. (fortunately) being in the most successful team its easy for me to say, but the presentation night is geting together with the guys that have worked there nuts off as a team to achieve things and walk up together to collect it, not ever has it been how pretty the object it is we collect.

I can honestly say that having won a few leagues, I can categorically say this league title means more to me than any other. The trophy is completely irrelevant. We worked our nuts off to win it!

People throwing trophies up the road are either stupid, or sheep that follow stupid people, or drunk!!! No time for it.
Edited by Shaggy on 29-07-2013 06:10
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No1 Nugget
#13 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 07:24
Must Get Out More

Well said shaggy totally agree with everything you said, and I'm really looking forward to playing the mighty eagles handshakeit will be a pleasure playing the best team in the league come next winter as I dont think we have ever played you? how many titles have the eagles won on the trot now ?
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

Viper
#14 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 14:39
Must Get Out More

jacko wrote:
All I would say is our trophies wer a bit to big at one stage but now they r not reflective of ones achievements,iv played in this league many many yearsnand have watched subs increase massively and trophies become none existent iv got div4 runners up trophies from the past what would dwarf the current div1 winners ones...things change I no but I just find it all a bit sadbutter wouldn't melt ...

Tony, everyones entitled to an opinion but just a few pointers for you to consider before making rash statements .... the last time the League Fees were increased was the 2009/10 season (albeit rebates have been affected since) and at that time there was 60 teams on the books ........ We operated off 39 teams last winter league which is approx 30% loss of teams and revenue and coupled with the fact that the league also had a ?600 overdraft as such to clear, I feel that the awards were of a quality to the budget that I had to work with.

Metin250
#15 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 16:46
Home From Home

neil wrote:
Well said shaggy totally agree with everything you said, and I'm really looking forward to playing the mighty eagles handshakeit will be a pleasure playing the best team in the league come next winter as I dont think we have ever played you? how many titles have the eagles won on the trot now ?

" pull your tongue out of my arsehole, Gary. Dogs do that. You're not a dog, are ya Gary?"
YNWA

Foxy
#16 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 17:22

Quite The Regular

Have to say that the size of the trophies doesn't matter to me or my fellow Small Pots. The knowledge that we won division is more than ample and the trophy is just a token to show that, regardless of size.

As for smashing up their trophies I was witness to said person and was totally disgusted with their behaviour. Not only for the disrespect shown to the league but also for the total disregard for the cars parked on the other side of the wall that the trophies were thrown over!!! If they didn't want it why not do what one of the winning teams did (Sorry can't remember who it was) and forgo their trophies and give the money to charity instead??
Come On The Farley Spuds!!!

jacko
#17 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 18:05
Must Get Out More

not sure ov the costings mark but maybe medals for every none winning event n then giv people the option for a decent trophie or medals for the winners ,I totally understand the league as shrunk so there is less money to spare so would medals make a substantial difference?butter wouldn't melt ...

Spud
#18 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 18:06

Home From Home

Pond Wheatsheaf I believe that was - Nice gesture.

Echo all the comments re: The smashing up of trophies. Unbelievable... Everyone entitlted to their own opinion, but to smash up your own trophy you've worked all Winter League for??
The Ashes resuming Thursday, the England Cricket team looking to retain probably the smallest trophy in world sport... All they care about is what it represents though - and the same applies to our trophies.

It's like those people you see burning their season tickets mid-season in protest at how the clubs run..... Only fooling yourself.

Spud
#19 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 18:08

Home From Home

metin250 wrote:

" pull your tongue out of my arsehole, Gary. Dogs do that. You're not a dog, are ya Gary?"

Feed em to the pigs Errol.....

Knocky
#20 Print Post
Posted on 29-07-2013 19:50
Must Get Out More

Can't comment on size of trophies but what I will say is that if struggling on budget why is it that when commitie members are required to adjudicate matches like semis and finals in main and plate why do they each get paid ? 20 a turn ? Surely that should be an honor to do. If not I'm sure there's plenty of players that would do it for nothing including myself which would save the league some dosh
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Donna Evans
Donna Evans
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing