oddball243 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Div 1 Week 21
mayweatherbrindle
#21 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 17:17
Home From Home

What do u mean about throwing dummies out of the pram?and I remember a post u saying to Neil about doubling the bet mate
Im croydons no 1....even when i lose i win-NEIL HALL
trophyone

The Big Show
#22 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 18:19
Quite The Regular

So Neil loses job, has no money, can't pay betd and can't pay debt's, team disbands cos don't get paid. That's not a team, that's mercenaries! Good luck in whatever league you play.

Maybe if Neil had stuck with his team that gained him promotion over the seasons the Legends would be "Legendary" and without the promise of payments and poaching the Better halfs "Better!" And probably a ironically better contention for the title.
Are you not entertained??

Special K
#23 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 20:37
Must Get Out More

The team has 4 players that's why! No Leon pope or no billy that's why it folded hope that clears it up I ain't playing all season with 4! I ain't aloud to play for better halfs as I am not allowed to play pool in Croydon coz my team folded! That's the *******rule that stops a pool players playing in a pool league.
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Knocky
#24 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 21:16
Must Get Out More

With regards to the bets Neil had
Micky Samuels and myself had 2 bets ,1 for £100 each with Neil and another£50 with 1of Neils teammates each.
We told each other a few weeks back that we needed to win this bet as we couldn't see us getting paid if we won the bet but we would have paid up straight away if we had lost even though times are tough for us as well

I honestly feel some sympathy for Neil but put yourselves in our shoes if Neil had won the bet come next week he would have been all over us like a rash for the money

That's the bottom line.
That's our view on the subject I'm sure the prop will have there own views on the subject
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

A King Disher
#25 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 21:48
Home From Home

The Better Halfs are the quietest team on this site this season but yet I see their name mentioned quite a bit, although I do understand why.

There has been much talk throughout this season that The Better Halfs and The Legends had joined forces or operating side by side to try and combat the top teams and hence why a certain individual was gutsy enough to take on all these wagers. This is utter rubbish and has never been the case. Infact he laughed in my face with The Better Halfs ex team mates behind him and took on a bet with me that we will be relegated. We're not in the relegation zone and yet another bet that's not going to be paid I think, but certainly not going to be forgotten either.

On to bigger issues now. I'm sure we're all aware that are League is decreasing in size which is no fault of anyone other than the enviornment and we should all do our best to keep it as fruitful and pleasant as possible. Croydon is the best League I've played for and it is well managed by the League Secretary and it's committee. Even the fees have been brought down in order to keep what we have and hopefully introduce new teams in too.
It's a sad day when certain people do what they want which can be disruptive and causes the league and those teams in it and probably also the sponsors to suffer as a result.

I'm old school and taught to believe that the captain is the last to jump. I can't comment on The Prop because I don't know what went on there But I certainly can comment on The Legends and have it from good source that their Secretary was the first to jump ship and will not be showing. I wonder why !!!!!

With regard to the summer league ahead of us, I can only imagine how these teams dropping out will affect everyone including the headache Mark Halsey must have.
I don't believe that the Secretary of the Legends who chooses to pull the team out of the summer due to his own personal reasons has the right to dictate the future of his team mates within the League thus having them all suspended for this summer season. I am told that he will not be reinstating the team by the said date.
He leaves behind some of the quality players of our League whom have been with us all for years and have never been suspended from any League and above all produce some great competitive pool.
It will be a great loss to us all to loose these players to another League and thus find our League decreased further. I know they don't really want to go but have no choice because of their love to continuously play the game.

I personally think that rather than have this problem resolve via this Website, that an emergency meeting should be called to discuss it in detail before the season starts and of course all Secretaries be invited to cast a vote whereby majority wins.

Sorry to have dragged this on a bit Guys but what do you think or shall we just let another team disappear ? Excluding the Secretary of course !!!!

Special K
#26 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 22:33
Must Get Out More

Brilliant idea mate
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Viper
#27 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 22:54
Must Get Out More

Extraordinary meetings are called when the rules/constitution does not cover a matter in hand. This matter in hand is clearly covered so there is no basis for any such meeting to be called. Certain members crucified this committee last year for "Interpretating" a rule which was aleady clear cut and it was at this meeting that it was clarified that if any matters are clearly covered by rules that the membership democratically have voted over the years then these rules will apply until any are changed through the process that has also been voted in.

People cannot have it both ways when it suits otherwise we will be opening the door for extraordinary meetings to be called at will.

Kermy
#28 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 23:18
Home From Home

Danny,your first post said u had a lovely night and all was not taken seriously,how come ur now moanin about sportsmanship & flukes. Make ur mind up.

Kermy
#29 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 23:24
Home From Home

Mark,I know rules are rules but banning players from playing when it's not there own faults is a bit harsh. Maybe u could have a meetin with your committee and address this rule. Don't think there needs to be an egm as I'm sure common sense will prevail,but this rule does need to be looked at. Especially as the season hasn't even started yet. Don't bite me head off Mr H,just sayin.

Brooker
#30 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 23:40
Home From Home

I am not disagreing with you kermy, but i think what Mark is saying is even if he wanted to use common sense & allow the suspended/banned players to sign for someone else, he isn't allowed to even if he thought that was the right thing to do.

If a rule exists & is in black & white then it was decided at a previous meeting that no committee member had the right to over rule it.

Its not really Mark's decision to make, i beleive you would have to go through some kind of process to get the rule changed, not a process of trying to get the existing rule overlooked for this particular moment & situation.
I would rather be playing golf

Viper
#31 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 23:40
Must Get Out More

Ricky, there is nothing this committee can do so there is no need for us to meet. The season may well have not started but everything is set up and has been furbished and with the late withdrawal of yourselves and Legends this has resulted in 2 BYES in Div.1 so hence all other teams will have 4 weeks without games. If I recall when this was voted in ........ and it was years ago when Transfers first came in ....... one of the main arguments re players having freedom of movement was that players of withdrawn or suspended teams would lose that right as it was felt that if it was easy to move then players would not have the incentive to hold it together. Its obvious that this has not applied for the summer but its been a few years since the rules have been and I suppose that there is always a first time for everything. September will be the next opportunity to discuss this at the next AGM.

Kermy
#32 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 23:50
Home From Home

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys. Shall now look forward to twilight on the golf course.

RasFas
#33 Print Post
Posted on 09-05-2014 00:10

Quite The Regular

Am I missing something? Can these players not be deregistered?
www.o0o0o.co.uk/franc/images/unpred.gif

Special K
#34 Print Post
Posted on 09-05-2014 00:33
Must Get Out More

Show me were in my post I said that the pond was flukey? It was not them I was referring to......

Kermy
#35 Print Post
Posted on 09-05-2014 00:38
Home From Home

Then u should post clearer then Dan. As far as I know the team would have to re-register then de-register players then pull the team. Then them players can play,I think😳

Viper
#36 Print Post
Posted on 09-05-2014 00:46
Must Get Out More

Kermy wrote:
Then u should post clearer then Dan. As far as I know the team would have to re-register then de-register players then pull the team. Then them players can play,I think😳

If you or the legends were to re-register then any transfers from either team would have to result in a player being registered to replace the player leaving due to the size of your squads and not as you have stated.

Brooker
#37 Print Post
Posted on 09-05-2014 01:07
Home From Home

Call me Baldrick, but i have a cunning plan.

If you both re-register your teams & then de-register a player from one team who wants to play & replace him with a registered player from the other team who doesn't want to play & vice versa, eventually you will have one team with all players who want to play & one team with all players who don't want to play. You then disband the team of players who don't want to play & carry on with the team of players that does.

Call yourself the prop ends or confused.com

Simples (Thats compare the market though isn't it !!)
I would rather be playing golf

jacko
#38 Print Post
Posted on 09-05-2014 02:02
Must Get Out More

or maybe the Bell Ends Grin ...wats kinda strange both leon n danny wer meant to sign for the Prop but maybe talk is cheap...n by the way the Prop wil ava greatly reduced team n may av to nick the 1player short name but we wil play n fight relegation...n yea dan the prop players may av the odd falling out but we call each other cnts ava beer n forget about it as it should b...any players out there wanting to play for the prop r welcome but no messers who say they wil then dont...n neil dont make bets u cant afford son...aint avin none ov this BS, he wil pay, simples butter wouldn't melt ...

Special K
#39 Print Post
Posted on 09-05-2014 03:44
Must Get Out More

Great idea brooker something's gotta happen as. Players wanna play pool in Croydon sort it out mark h

Viper
#40 Print Post
Posted on 09-05-2014 05:30
Must Get Out More

Special K wrote:
Great idea brooker something's gotta happen as. Players wanna play pool in Croydon sort it out mark h

Sort what out Danny ? ............. The mess you teams got yourself into !!!! ..... I don't think so ............. and knowing Chris Brooker like I do I think you will find that its a tongue in cheek comment re the scenario.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Danny Evans
Danny Evans
2005 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing