oddball243 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
FRAMES SPORTS BAR
Viper
#1 Print Post
Posted on 23-01-2015 23:45
Must Get Out More

Can all teams and players who play in the later stages of the KO and League Cup competitions at Frames Sports Bar be advised that the Free Play tables that the venue kindly provide for these purposes is for the stated frames of any such match with a practise time allotted as well. The venue is happy if the match is mutually extended to Best of 5, 7 or 9 frames but when a match is played over this then a certain proportion of the table time needs to be paid for.

Certain players played an extended frames match in a recent doubles match which exceeded the clubs hospitality. Also on this point, would players refrain from opening any other tables other than the ones stated to play a match and quoting that the tables are being used for a match unless they are paying the hourly rate.

beardy
#2 Print Post
Posted on 24-01-2015 05:04
Quite The Regular

No food provided Tuesday for our match at frames.. Not sure on that rule in league cup but poor effort either way. We were the only match but not hard to put on chips at least.

Special K
#3 Print Post
Posted on 26-01-2015 06:21
Must Get Out More

Can I just add as it's directed at me hughie Ricky and Steve....

We got there got charged 7.50 p/h before the match so no practise was given for free....

Secondly we could of played this match in our home venue as it was between x4 players from the same team coulsdon ain't around the corner it's outskirts of Brighton bit mad that it was orderd there we cud have played it in Riley's (for nothing).
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Viper
#4 Print Post
Posted on 26-01-2015 17:40
Must Get Out More

Danny,
I am awaiting a response from the club re charges made to you that evening but in response to your comments about being ordered to play at Frames please read on which should satisfy your concerns :-

MINUTES OF CDPL AGM
HELD AT SOUTH CROYDON CONSERVATIVE CLUB ON THURSDAY 29/08/13

Sponsorship proposals
The league is currently sponsored by Frames in Coulsdon, who wish to continue their involvement. There has also been a proposal from Rileys, offering £1100 per season, on the basis that all knockout games from the last 16 stage be held at Rileys. The proposal from Frames is for £900 in the winter and £600 in the summer, on the basis that all knockout games from the Quarter-Final stage, and the last 16 stage of the League Cup are held there. The exception to this being the Semi-Final and Final of the Knockout Cup to be held at the Thomas Farley, for which they currently offer £250 in the winter and £300 in the summer. In addition to this, the Thomas Farley are offering an extra £300 to hold the Semi-Final and Final of the League Cup, and Frames are happy to allow this without affecting their deal.

The first vote was for whether to accept the Thomas Farley deal, which was carried by 21 votes to 2.

The second vote was for whether to continue with the Frames deal, which was carried by the same margin.

Be advised that a Singles KO Quarter-Final match which should have been played at Frames tonight was played last Thurs night by the players at Rileys and that result is null and void and will be replayed at Frames in due course.

Kermy
#5 Print Post
Posted on 26-01-2015 17:54
Home From Home

Nothing there says anything about extended matches. To be honest Mark if someone from Frames had come over and said something I'm sure we would have agreed to pay something. But instead they contact u and complain. I for one spent a few quid in there on said Tuesday and it also isn't a cheap venue to travel to.

Viper
#6 Print Post
Posted on 26-01-2015 18:36
Must Get Out More

Ricky, with regards to extended matches I've highlighted in my original post what would be acceptable on free play. I appreciate your comments that perhaps the complaint could have been avoided and dealt with on the night but sometimes things need to happen so that it can be highlighted and avoided being repeated in the future by others.

Special K
#7 Print Post
Posted on 26-01-2015 19:48
Must Get Out More

No problem but I was charged 7.50 p/h which in it's self is well dear. I understand that rules are rules but some times a lil discression can be used I think.
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Special K
#8 Print Post
Posted on 26-01-2015 19:55
Must Get Out More

And Ricky I make u 100% rite how comes they didn't say nothing to us?? Instead of coming to u bit mad?? But for what it's worth it was empty in there me Steve Ricky and hughie spent good money in there don't no what this is all about if we weren't there it would of been empty and the club wud of took zero.

Viper
#9 Print Post
Posted on 26-01-2015 20:17
Must Get Out More

Danny,
Its not my place to make any comment on the clubs charges or policies but my original post was to highlight procedures that apply to league members regarding the free tables provided by the club for matches played there.

Special K
#10 Print Post
Posted on 26-01-2015 20:24
Must Get Out More

I understand mark I honestly do. Just don't like all the running to u business wish something was said to us that's all mate. Never the less it's done now but I did pay for table before hand so that's something that cud be looked into on our behalf?

Shaggy
#11 Print Post
Posted on 27-01-2015 16:33
Must Get Out More

Whilst its not specific to this particular issue, why is it that pool players (in general) think that tables should be provided for free (whether you are drinking or not).

Nothing else that I know of, maybeother than darts, is provided for free in pubs or clubs. What is so special about pool players, clubs are businesses and should be run to make money.

I certainly wouldnt be giving table time for free if it was my club.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooker
#12 Print Post
Posted on 27-01-2015 20:25
Home From Home

Would just like to say that we (One player short) have been playing at Frames for nearly 2 years now & have always found them very fair & accomodating with friendly staff.

They normally approach us in the bar if there are any issues they need to discuss with us, so would imagine the above scenario is just a one off.
I would rather be playing golf

Special K
#13 Print Post
Posted on 27-01-2015 21:22
Must Get Out More

Shaggy read marks post before saying the obvious..... He states that practise time is allowed. Nobody asks for free on this thread I stated if practise time is allowed how comes I got charged 7.50 for the hour that's all. And brooker yes I agree frames staff are really nice and it's a lovely venue from our point it would of been nice to say something to us if there was a issue and it would of been rectified...... It's a comp that's allocated to frames as the sponsor of the comp so tables for the comp are on free play that's the norm rite? Dunno what point mr wildman is trying to make here?

Shaggy
#14 Print Post
Posted on 28-01-2015 01:48
Must Get Out More

Its a general observation of pool players. I started my post with 'whilst its not specific to this particular issue' for a reason.

I think players expectations would alter if they were club owners. Nothing more nothing less.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Andy Shaw
Andy Shaw
2008 Scotch Doubles Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing