jacko266 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
Singles semi final
jacko
#1 Print Post
Posted on 25-08-2015 07:12
Must Get Out More

Jacko 2v3 mark miller... Another amazing night in which the thriller in mineller mark miller maybe ada result,I nearly dished the first but my last ball down the rail stayed near the pocket with a safe white to bang the pressure on him, a few shots later I'm 1 up, 2nd frame was reasonably comfortable even though I had a little help on my way,frame 3, got 2shots start clearing up then use knowledge almost waste a shot only for attempted long pot come back down n fck me up.. 2.1... Break 4th n potted but white got slammed in the top n mark dished after a massive slice of luck to open 2 of his balls leave dollys...so now the decider,I graft away to force him to have a go on a tough finish, kinda happy for him to ava go only for him to snooker himself on the black, he tries to pot it but at that angle white flies in n luckily for him the black stays out, so iv got a total dolly 6 ball drop in, I make sure taking no risk with white to such extent I overcut my 2nd last ball leaving 2balls over the hole with 1 shot left,pot the bottom 1 screwing the white out near the pink spot only to drop last ball in over yellow pocket to leave black in between brown spot n baulk cushion, then deep joy an angle what pulls out 99% of the time pulled in 1/2 ball almost potting my ball straight, now I have a cut back for the frame n match with a 10% chance of an in off in the green centre,I can't jack my cue up to totally avoid this as my shoulder will make it missable so I hold my nerve n drop it in to win match n then watch the white drift a little catch a touch of inside knuckle n then drop in,unbelievable sht again but I should of lost in the quarters after bad luck, so maybe a bit of karma said no jacko n tbh I really should of took care of business so luck had no part to play so my own stupid fault really... Well done thriller I'm sure you n Ian will have a great final...proud of my comeback season beaten in 3semi finals 2 through luck n 1 through blindness n brain freeze by our opponents... Been fun,NOT butter wouldn't melt ...
Edited by jacko on 25-08-2015 07:31

andye
#2 Print Post
Posted on 25-08-2015 19:46

Home From Home

So in summary you bottled it!

Well done thriller

jacko
#3 Print Post
Posted on 25-08-2015 20:44
Must Get Out More

Quite the opposite really, held my nerve n tried to play the winning shot when maybe I could of played safe...tried to take risks out of the equation n then took a calculated risk...every time iv over attacked this year the bloody white keeps going in,same against shaggy in the Ko cup semi final play off,took out a massive finish n then the white somehow goes in,thinking the tip tap win the frame is a more successful way to play..butter wouldn't melt ... n yea I was nervous as I don't practice anymore so doubt enters 1s mind...still won 8 Ko singles, how bout you band playing

andye
#4 Print Post
Posted on 26-08-2015 15:37

Home From Home

bottling doesn't necessarily mean missing pots, it can be missing position or making a bad decision like you just pointed out

i've never really been interested in a best of 3 comp tbh, i more interested in team pool

i can't argue your impressive singles CV jacko with what must be a record 8 titles
win a few more and that figure will match your league runner up titlesWink
Edited by andye on 26-08-2015 15:37

jacko
#5 Print Post
Posted on 26-08-2015 18:47
Must Get Out More

I actually agree, sometimes it takes more bottle to play a safety shot knowing if it's not right you've lost then going gun ho for a crazy dish n saying at least I gave it a go...tbh I bottled my 2nd last ball pot as didn't wanna risk an in off n didn't mind wasting a shot as I shouldn't of needed 2 shots really,little did I know a massive roll off would do me twice n that extra shot would of come in handy at the end...n all them runners up trophies ain't to bad considering iv never been surrounded by the top players in my teams,n don't forget we've won many titles aswel as underdogs which for me that feeling can't be beat as it shows great heart determination n team spirit... Memories butter wouldn't melt ...

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Paul Wildman
Paul Wildman
Winter League 07/08 Presentation Night
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing