oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Predictions
jacko
#1 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2012 18:21
Must Get Out More

Singles final 3.1 mevstar, think mevs all round game n experience should get the job done....Rankings, its all about mev he wont lose from there(il b hoping for top16 but top 10 would b nice)....Div1 individuals, tough call top4 look good n shaggy waiting for them if they falter id like to c mev or ricky win it....League, unpredictables late charge wil c us champs but if sumhow we blow it think Eagles mite sneak it by the odd 100 points or so....Leagu cup,wide open any1 ov 4 think maybe sum1 mite stop the Eagles in this1 maybe prop or even unprd or Qmasters,Eagles obvoius favs ov course butter wouldn't melt ... wat say the rest ov u

Special K
#2 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2012 19:14
Must Get Out More

Mr jackson u really seriously make me laugh total disrespect i am a lil bit baff...... I love the way u discount us from everything...... U fail to realise that we are above u in the league we are looking good for runners up after beating the prop ( no disrespect to the prop ) they have a harder running than us thats all i am joint with mev in divisonal singles we are still in league cup and for ur comments i am go say we will finish above u and win our group! U seriously under estimate us! Wen u havent even beat us! Get facts right mate b4 u make statements honestly u are a great player but ur old now maybe thats ur prob u past it oh well it happens yessssssssssss the halfs
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

the-shark
#3 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2012 19:47

Home From Home

lol so subtle in your digs mr jackson...

singles final mev to win 3-2
ladies final katie to win 3-1
league the eagles (its already over)
league cup eagles obviously favourites( but anyone from top 5 in div 1 inc the better halves as anyone can beat anyone if its there day)
div 1 rankings john little or ricky cook
overall rankings mev ali.

jacko to finish outside top 16 as hes getting old.Grin

www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

Spud
#4 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2012 20:39

Home From Home

Not a bad thread to have.... Offers up some genuine debate, and everyone's opinion will vary so makes an interesting read.

Mine for what they're worth:
League - Eagles

League Cup - Minefield.
I'm personally looking no further than the Quarter finals at this stage. If form continues through the secong group stage, we play either the Unpredictables, or The Better Halfs. Either of the two will provide great oppo, and should mean a great match. Whoever wins that match, will take some stopping.
I expect the Semi's will look like this:
Unpreds / Bett Halfs vs. The Cuemasters
The Prop vs. Eagles / Unpreds / Bett Halfs
Take your pick....

Divisionals: Mr. Special K himself. Already one clear, and with the confidence I've seen in his recent frames, don't expect him to lose more than one, which means all others have to lose none.

Rankings: Mev Ali. Regardless of the result in tonights match, I expect the great man to maintain his healthy margin at the top and see thos out comfortably. And well deserved too.

Ladies - Katie. Class player full stop. Let alone for a woman.

And the big one tonight:
Metin Tomris.
Play with this guy every week, and his ability never ceases to amaze me. Has had a brilliant run in the singles, which I think will culminate in tonights showpiece for all his hard work.
Mev is a legend, and it is with no disrespect intended, but I fancy Met for this one.
Reagrdless.... It's two of the best players in the league, both bang in form, going head to head. Should be a brilliant game for the neutral, and (Cliche alert, Cliche alert) Pool is the real winner.
If you're free, match is at Frith about 8:15 / 8:30 ish. I believe they're playing it best of 9, so first to 5 frames.
Edited by Spud on 19-03-2012 20:44

jacko
#5 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2012 21:33
Must Get Out More

k got u down as 1 ov the top4 who wil fight out individuals so wheres disrespect there n as for league i didnt mention who would b runners up just sayin eagles av walked it n as for league cup think ur a very good side but fancy 1 ov the provern sides to win it...aint no disrespect just my opinion dont take it personal aint no dig there or intendid...n yea i mite b a as been but stil done bak2bak individuals n won singles last year so can stil play a bit even if it isa struggle these days....haha yea shark fancy me top 16 finish may b a tad optimistic but 1 can but dream,as for getting old i am old now im nearly 32 butter wouldn't melt ...

Rambo
#6 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 00:56
Home From Home

Not frames unpredictable

Special K
#7 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 01:18
Must Get Out More

Cheers sean mate top man and thanx shark for mentioning us loads of respect! I aint jus saying this but every time we playef the eagles sean has dished suprised u aint winning the div singles class act! And right attitude! Legend!
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Kermy
#8 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 03:04
Home From Home

Dan ur now level with myself and mev after i bent u over and taught u a pool lesson last tuesday. Dont think Jacko is being disrespectful,he knows the score with this league. As for the Better Halfs,a fantastic season so far(and without Rod)but dont get carried away boys. League cup in latter stages is over a longer distance so u would fancy Eagles Prop,Unpredictables or Cuemasters.
Rankings. Mev without a doubt,God help us all if Croydons No 1 nicks it,
League, Eagles Zzzzzzz
Runners up,Prop
Div Singles; One of 8 players.
Singles Mev all round game fanastic, Met is a one trick pony ha ha(anytime no2 turk before u start)
Ladies singles,Katie(dont know why the others enter)
If ive left anyone out i apologise,nah not really couldn't give a toss.

Special K
#9 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 03:32
Must Get Out More

U didnt bend me ova mate! I went for the split and nearly landed perfect. Its 1 frame anything cud happen! Look forward to playing u again. And on u finishing runners up although i hate runners up good luck.

Kermy
#10 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 03:41
Home From Home

Welcome to div 1. Will look forward to it myself Mr K, will refer to u as special when uve earnt it.
Oh by the the way tell u mate Ramsey to stop nicking the Millwall songs.

Special K
#11 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 03:49
Must Get Out More

Looooool nice! Mark is millwall mad leeds sat hope u there mr cook

Kermy
#12 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 04:05
Home From Home

Would love to be,unfortunately i have to work. COME ON U LIONS.................

Metin250
#13 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 06:10
Home From Home

1 trick pony Ricky!
Ps thanks to all eagles lads for the support!!!!
Eagles forever!
Edited by Metin250 on 20-03-2012 06:45
YNWA

No1 Nugget
#14 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 09:39
Must Get Out More

Good luck to both finalists tonight, both great guys Im hoping met can win it as I'm closing in on MeV for that top spot lol good luck to you both
Div 1 eagles
Runner up prop
Div2 magnum
Runner up refugees
dIV 3 RILEY'S LEGENGS
Runner up folly
Div4 penge con boys
Runner up misfits
Also regarding everything eagles to win the double?bow
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

Special K
#15 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 17:48
Must Get Out More

Div 1 = eagles
Rup = better halfs

Div 2 = mf
Rup = rin

Div 3= FOLLY ( come on boys )
Rup = rl

Div 4 = pc
Rup= av

Div singles really close any 1 capable shud be good!
Rankings mev well done mate
Singles metin well done glad u won u beat me and out played me well done
League cup better halfs big grin

Teach
#16 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 17:53

Home From Home

Well done to Katie and Metin last night. Must also mention Mr Porter beating Mark Miller 7-6 in the plate final. A pretty impressive result considering he was 4-1 down.

Prediction: Eagles to win most things lol

Fact: Palace to finish above Millwall!! (?50 please Danny Boy!)
Knockout Cup Winners 2011, 2014 trophyone

Division One Summer Champs 2011, 2012, 2015 trophyone

sparks
#17 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 18:34
Home From Home

Teach wrote:
Well done to Katie and Metin last night. Must also mention Mr Porter beating Mark Miller 7-6 in the plate final. A pretty impressive result considering he was 4-1 down.

Prediction: Eagles to win most things lol

Fact: Palace to finish above Millwall!! (?50 please Danny Boy!)

Stevo would defo go with that one buddy.....COOLIO!!Wink

No1 Nugget
#18 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 21:35
Must Get Out More

Special K wrote:
Div 1 = eagles
Rup = better halfs

Div 2 = mf
Rup = rin

Div 3= FOLLY ( come on boys )
Rup = rl

Div 4 = pc
Rup= av

Div singles really close any 1 capable shud be good!
Rankings mev well done mate
Singles metin well done glad u won u beat me and out played me well done
League cup better halfs big grin

danny you might be right on some of them but you made a mistake in division 3 matewall your predictions that the folly will win it lol they dont stand a chance against us mate lol we got that title and we coming up AGAINapplausetrophyone division 2 next season for us which we will win and then im comming for you again lolhandshake seeing as i have a great record against you played 1 won 1boxer
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

Special K
#19 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2012 23:14
Must Get Out More

O MY Good god u are refering to that 1 frame knock we had in the farley we both was smashing balls about before the 1st round in the singles cant believe u put that up here wall u played a team in div 1 wot was the score?????? Dissopointed that u put that up! Coming for me........ violin

Rambo
#20 Print Post
Posted on 21-03-2012 00:19
Home From Home

Kermy wrote:
Welcome to div 1. Will look forward to it myself Mr K, will refer to u as special when uve earnt it.
Oh by the the way tell u mate Ramsey to stop nicking the Millwall songs.

Remember it's Ramsay not Ramsey. :-)

Saturday here we come!!! Can't wait got tickets for the match. The boys in white won't know what hit them!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Darren Ball
Darren Ball
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing