oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
League Cup
Kermy
#1 Print Post
Posted on 19-04-2012 22:36
Home From Home

League Cup Semi-finals and final will be held at the farley ive just been told. Dave,we will be looking forward to Betty's hot pot. lol

jacko
#2 Print Post
Posted on 25-04-2012 06:31
Must Get Out More

prop 7.8 unprd ...a proper cup match with many many players throwing away winning oppotunitys...dont think any team actually deserved the win but we fell over the line ina gripping final frame..would like to say thanks the prop boys for making it a good game n playing it with a good spirit n passion,also dont think any1 as the right to blame swetty for losing the 15th frame wen he ad won both his previous frames n others ad failed to finish there frames...also would like to thank dave n betty for all there efforts n making it an enjoyable nite...wel done to the pond should b a gr8 final n bad luck to the prop n better halfs both could ov easily won on another day butter wouldn't melt ...

Pondlife
#3 Print Post
Posted on 25-04-2012 13:19

Must Get Out More

Pond Q's 8 Better Halfs 6

A great team performance tonight. Everybody contributed something in one way or another. It certainly swung to and fro but at the end of the day we just about deserved the victory. They gifted us two games early on and that eventually proved crucial. Loved the singing and chanting. The Farley is truly a fantastic venue for such important matches. Heartiest commiserations to Steve and his team. I am certain that they will have many more opportunities to enhance their history. Special mention to Shariq who produced a fantastic 3/3 and to Bryan and Tommy who won 2/3. Looking forward to the final against MOD and his team. Should be a great night. At least we will be able to use two tables which should hopefully afford us all a slightly earlier finish. applause

A King Disher
#4 Print Post
Posted on 25-04-2012 19:02
Home From Home

Yes, a job done well by the Pond Q's !

You Guy's played fantastic,awesome and out of your skins.
Our first 2 loses did rock us and had us playing catch-up throughout the match of which we couldn't quite regain.
Having said that, we were very unlucky in a few frames but that's the game of pool. I think it could have gone either way but you guy's were determined not to let us have it.

I'm sure next Tuesday will prove to be a great final and if you play as you did last night then you have every chance of winning.

Good luck to both yourselves and the Unpredictables

A big thank you to Stevie Rowlerson for sponsoring such a wonderful competition,
To Dave & Betty for the hosting,
Mr. Saxtonator for adjudicating and reffing.
And finally our very own independant time keeper, Mr. Teach.

Out Fishing and LFrownFrownKING for a bite !! www.croydonpool.com/images/smiley/bite.gif

nuttmeg
#5 Print Post
Posted on 26-04-2012 01:38
Home From Home

well done to the Unpredictables and the Pond Q'S,should be a good final

jacko
#6 Print Post
Posted on 26-04-2012 01:52
Must Get Out More

strange as it may sound i couldnt help feeling sori for sum ov the better halfs,theyv fought ard all season n done really wel all bcos ov gr8 team spirit n heart,then last nite they changed there side n it obviously backfired,kinda think if it aint broken dont fix it n no 1 should b bigger than the team butter wouldn't melt ...

longshanks
#7 Print Post
Posted on 26-04-2012 02:35

Must Get Out More

Teach was timekeeper? Any 59.4 second shots?

Teach
#8 Print Post
Posted on 26-04-2012 03:50

Home From Home

I thought the time-keeper did a magnificent job!!! There was actually a 59.55 on this occasion..... but apart from that, nothing too exciting.

I'm assuming Jacko is referring to Rod's appearance in the 2nd and 3rd sets. Brave call from Steve Bird but I believe it was the right one. Pat did a similar thing by bringing Tommy Donlon in and he ended with 2/3. Was he stepping on people's toes as well??
Knockout Cup Winners 2011, 2014 trophyone

Division One Summer Champs 2011, 2012, 2015 trophyone

jacko
#9 Print Post
Posted on 26-04-2012 15:57
Must Get Out More

na teach not everything is about my m8 rod...tommy ,rod ,porter,krishner all guys iv not seen all season in there teams just turn up on semi final nite n walk in2 there teams...thinks its BS really m8 they aint earnt the right to turn up wen they want n replace the regular guys..think maybe the captains made poor decisions there n the players themselves maybe should no better than to accept a place wen they av not really contributed to the teams effort...think its ok to giv these guys a frame if they turn up but only after the regulars take the starting line up...aint all about winning teach...also woz porter not cup tied? surely he played in the league cup for another team? n lastly id like to offer my services for any future time keeping duties eek2 butter wouldn't melt ...

Special K
#10 Print Post
Posted on 26-04-2012 17:15
Must Get Out More

Jus a lil comment mate on your last reply darren porter has been playing for us for a lil while now steve k has been there an abouts all season havent u seen them down frith road? I am sure u have if u cast ur mind bk a bit these guys have been with us and have played league games not gonna mention rodders really has he is signed up n steve b did ask him to play. Lets face it who wud not want him in there team..... Well done on your victory 8-7 is a good result against a great team like the prop........ drunk
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Shaggy
#11 Print Post
Posted on 26-04-2012 18:33
Must Get Out More

Dont want to turn this into a Rod/Tommy thing as it isnt but.......

You have a choice to make as a team, you either sign them or you dont. If you choose to sign them, when they turn up they play., simple as that. No disrespect to anyone in the BH's or PQ's they are the outstanding players of the team.

How would Steve feel if he didn't play Rod and they lost. I know id feel a lot worse if I was captain if we lost with our best player scratching his ass.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacko
#12 Print Post
Posted on 26-04-2012 18:57
Must Get Out More

my mistake s k ...n yea shaggy i c ur point...butter wouldn't melt ...

A King Disher
#13 Print Post
Posted on 26-04-2012 19:24
Home From Home

There always has to be someone who starts ranting and simply can't settle with their own victory.

I have a 7 from 7 success rate from this Lge Cup comp to help our team to where we were but you didn't see me play. Nor did you see a few absent team mates who have also helped us to wher we were.

Mr. K and Shaggy are bang on correct.
As a united team we stand together, win or loose and I like to give everyone an opportunity to play and contribute to the teams performance. Every team mate had a go so what's wrong with that ?
I fear that you are questioning my management of the team which is really none of your business.
I recall your management skills of the Patriots and how you used to speak and treat your own team mates and who you played and who you didn't. Maybe you should take a leaf out of your own book before judging.

As I said in an earlier post, Pat & Co were the better team on the night and they deserved their glory. End of story.

All that remains is to see what they are capable of doing to you guys next Tuesday.
I'm sure that will be an interesting match to watch.
What may be more interesting will be the comment that follow on here afterwards !
Out Fishing and LFrownFrownKING for a bite !! www.croydonpool.com/images/smiley/bite.gif

jacko
#14 Print Post
Posted on 27-04-2012 02:19
Must Get Out More

Sori steve did u fail to c my last post where I said MY MISTAKE n the bit that Shaggy Ada point so y u fil the need to bang on wit ur drivel is beyond me..as for PATROITS wer we not a highly successful team wat I dragged from fighting relegation to a top side Ina short space ov time..also av dropped myself a good few times so every1 gets a game ...if u won 7/7 y drop urself it's the stats wat count not who is supposedly the better player...anyway unlucky Tuesday M8butter wouldn't melt ...

longshanks
#15 Print Post
Posted on 27-04-2012 05:28

Must Get Out More

Jacko - I don't think there is a league rule about players being cup-tied.

TB
#16 Print Post
Posted on 27-04-2012 18:48
Quite The Regular

I don't think that's correct Phil......

Rule 5 of the General pLaying Procedures and Rules states
"Once a team has qualified for the Quarter-Final stages of the League Cup or Knockout Cup, then no new signed player
(from those dates) may play for that team in the remaining stages of those competitions."

but I imagine Darren may have signed for the Better Halfs prior to the Quarter Finals

Special K
#17 Print Post
Posted on 27-04-2012 19:02
Must Get Out More

Yea for all those who are intrested.......... Darren did sign b4 that...... computer
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

No1 Nugget
#18 Print Post
Posted on 27-04-2012 19:21
Must Get Out More

danny have you seen the draw for the knockout cup
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

Special K
#19 Print Post
Posted on 27-04-2012 20:13
Must Get Out More

Oh yes neil well heres your chance to shut us up will u do it.....

No1 Nugget
#20 Print Post
Posted on 27-04-2012 20:28
Must Get Out More

well i cant speak for my team mates depends how they feel but im predicting 6 2 to you lot and i will win my match whoever has the balls to play me looooool

should be a good game another tough one we got in the opening round, the draw could of been a bit nicer but we will give it ago
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Danny Evans
Danny Evans
Croydon Interleague (Past)
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing