Posted on 15-01-2009 01:31

Must Get Out More

Im in Leicester tomorrow.....Hoping to get back in time
Harry Time!

Whatapisstake
#3 Print Post
Posted on 15-01-2009 02:15

Must Get Out More

h i wont put a result up this time mate i mite end up getting the right score line laughinglaughinglaughing
am not sticking my acheivements down the list is too long lmao surrender

harry
#4 Print Post
Posted on 15-01-2009 02:31

Must Get Out More

Go on.......dare you, it's only Fran! evil laugh
Edited by harry on 15-01-2009 02:33
Harry Time!

the potterman
#5 Print Post
Posted on 15-01-2009 18:10
Quite The Regular

Here is my predictions for this week

C Burrows 10 v 2 S St Romaine
D Reeks 6 v 6 S Bradwell
D Porter v P Saxton
L Barnes 8 v 4 M Rowson
S Aldridge 8 v 4 L Willsher

:box::box::box::box::box:

Dogger
#6 Print Post
Posted on 15-01-2009 19:59

Must Get Out More

C Burrows 9 v 3 S St Romaine
D Reeks ? v ? S Bradwell
D Porter 6 v 6 Saxton
L Barnes 8 v 4 M Rowson
S Aldridge 7 v 5 L Willsher

Teach
#7 Print Post
Posted on 15-01-2009 23:40

Home From Home

Ok my turn:

Charles Burrows 9 - 3 Shane St Romaine (if well, he could get closer)
Dan Reeks 7 - 5 Scott Bradwell (Prove me wrong mate!)
Darren Porter 8 - 4 Paul Saxton (If the Potterman finds some focus!!)
Lloyd Barnes 8 - 4 Marc Rowson (Lloyd finding form at last!)
Steve Aldridge ? - ? Luke Willsher (It will be a good game! - does table 15 still roll?)

Luke
#8 Print Post
Posted on 15-01-2009 23:44

Home From Home

Teach wrote:
Steve Aldridge ? - ? Luke Willsher (It will be a good game! - does table 15 still roll?)

No idea! We shall find out soon. Hopefully I'm playing better than last week!

harry
#9 Print Post
Posted on 15-01-2009 23:59

Must Get Out More

Francois Turtullien v Harry Morley ? Table 11

Game postponed.....Sorry, my fault
Harry Time!

ThePower
#10 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 05:56

Must Get Out More

I keep on saying and people keep on agreeing that unfortunately this is soooooooooooo B List Croydon pool......

Listen fella's - well done for entering - good luck to you - but perhaps your own website may break our boredom. You all predict everyone's results then for some reason poo your pants when it comes to your match predictions. Must really scare your opponent!

The only thing worth a mention from anyone remotely not interested in this, is that I did predict Telford & Aldridge would win their respective divsions. The above prediction remains as ''odds on'' as it did, before a ball was put down in Week 1.
Edited by ThePower on 16-01-2009 16:20

Dogger
#11 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 06:16

Must Get Out More

Teach wrote:
Ok my turn:

Charles Burrows 9 - 3 Shane St Romaine (if well, he could get closer)
Dan Reeks 7 - 5 Scott Bradwell (Prove me wrong mate!)
Darren Porter 8 - 4 Paul Saxton (If the Potterman finds some focus!!)
Lloyd Barnes 8 - 4 Marc Rowson (Lloyd finding form at last!)

couple of results:

dan reeks 4 - 8 scott bradwell - he had to go and prove you wrong didn't he teach...
darren porter 9 - 3 paul saxton

i heard shane was 4-1 up on charles but not confirmed

harry
#12 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 15:55

Must Get Out More

ThePower wrote:
I keep on saying and people keep on agreeing that unfortunately this is soooooooooooo B List Croydon pool......

Listen fella's - well done for entering - good luck to you - but perhaps your own website may break our boredom. You all predict everyone's results then for some reason poo your pants when it comes to your match predictions. Must really scare your opponent!

Regardless of whether this is A, B, C, D or Z list, it is still Croydon Pool.
No one has to read it, let alone comment on it unless they want to.

Perhaps you should have created your own website when you used to constantly have a slanging match with The Coney (Although at times it was entertaining)

Im putting your disrespectful comments down to you having a few sherberts yesterday.......drunk
Edited by harry on 16-01-2009 15:57
Harry Time!

EmDee
#13 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 16:22

Home From Home

ThePower wrote:

I've told you about bashing this league before, you can't sit there and say we're all shite when you don't even have the decency to enter. Fair enough if you entered it, won it and then say its crap, but I don't see that happening.

Believe me, I was disappointed when I saw Rod and Danny missing from the Premier League, it has lost a bit of prestige. But if people like you actually came and played in it instead of sitting on the sidelines criticising, not only would we have a third division like we should, but you'd find that it is a high level of pool. Playing 12 frames against someone week in week out is not as easy as you think.

Get off your high horse and back on your boyfriend.
ner ner

http://www.joincrash.com
ThePower
#14 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 16:35

Must Get Out More

harry wrote:

Regardless of whether this is A, B, C, D or Z list, it is still Croydon Pool.
No one has to read it, let alone comment on it unless they want to.

Perhaps you should have created your own website when you used to constantly have a slanging match with The Coney (Although at times it was entertaining)

Im putting your disrespectful comments down to you having a few sherberts yesterday.......drunk

Since the collapse of Camp Poney Coney, I've had lots of time on my hands. Pond Pat never logs on anymore to abuse the Eden because winless pool means he has nothing to harp on about these days. I am merely joining the masses who don't bother to log on anymore or make a comment because lets face it this site is becoming very mundane and tediously boring. bored

I mean no disrespect though Harry and at least I post a comment on your Croydon Singles thread. Just thought I'd try and spice it up, that's all.......

harry
#15 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 16:41

Must Get Out More

I agree that not many peple comment on here anymore. Why is that?

I might start a new thread asking the question.......
Harry Time!

ThePower
#16 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 16:44

Must Get Out More

EmDee wrote:
ThePower wrote:

I've told you about bashing this league before, you can't sit there and say we're all shite when you don't even have the decency to enter. Fair enough if you entered it, won it and then say its crap, but I don't see that happening.

Believe me, I was disappointed when I saw Rod and Danny missing from the Premier League, it has lost a bit of prestige. But if people like you actually came and played in it instead of sitting on the sidelines criticising, not only would we have a third division like we should, but you'd find that it is a high level of pool. Playing 12 frames against someone week in week out is not as easy as you think.

Get off your high horse and back on your boyfriend.
ner ner

laughing at the back on your boyfriend quote! You leave my boyfriend Matt Palmer out of this...

Was it the B list quote that has got your backs up? Maybe I was being a bit generous.

12 frames is a lot though in one night. It takes me 12 weeks to play that many.

ThePower
#17 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 16:46

Must Get Out More

harry wrote:
I agree that not many peple comment on here anymore. Why is that?

I might start a new thread asking the question.......

Why bother. We'll be the only one's posting a response...

EmDee
#18 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 17:53

Home From Home

But at least we're enjoying ourselves right?

And by the way, I am not offended by the B list quote - in fact, yes you are being generous in my case.

It's hard for me to admit to the idea that the league is not that good because I'm at the bottom of it. Fact is that if we were playing Tuesday night pool I think the results would be completely different, yet that is what we use as a yardstick to rate most players. I think the standard of players in the PL is very high, not becuase they can beat people on a Tuesday (although they can), but because they are consistent and dont throw their toys out the pram after five crap shots like I do.

I have learned a lot about the psychological aspect of the game by entering this season and even though I have been completely owned I am glad I spent the money.

I just get upset when I see the other singles leagues with like 5 divisions and here we are with 2. I really don't understand why the league is so small.

sigh
Edited by EmDee on 16-01-2009 17:55

http://www.joincrash.com
ThePower
#19 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 18:29

Must Get Out More

One of my players is in the PL, so it must be a high standard! The standard is good and good luck to those who bothered to enter.

But I make you right on the number of divisions. I am surprised there has been a lack of interest in this series as we have 600 odd players registered. Maybe one of the reasons is when Danny was running it that attracted more of the top players to enter. I think Mark has done a grand job to get this off the ground, and it seems to have been better organised this time around - so next time around hopefully more will get onboard. Then again maybe the reason is there is just too much pool being played, too many leagues / singles leagues all going on at the same time.
Edited by ThePower on 16-01-2009 18:32

JugglingSpence
#20 Print Post
Posted on 16-01-2009 18:38

Home From Home

Just to add my 2p's worth...

I think there is a bit of a catch 22 situation happening with this league, people aren't looking to join because it only has 2 divisions and it only has 2 because people aren't too bothered about joining.

If it got up to 3 or 4 divisions or a large number of 1st division players signed up then a lot of people would probably look at it as more of a 'Croydon League'.

And with regards to the CSL taking up most of the space on this site, I think it is a case of NOTHING else getting posted other than CDPL results on a Weds rather than CSL players posting too much.
As happy as a single man living above a chip shop

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Paul Wildman
Paul Wildman
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing