Posted on 18-03-2009 19:20

Getting The Hang Of It

10.Fieldsy

buntycollocks
#22 Print Post
Posted on 18-03-2009 19:22
Quite The Regular

11,buntycollocks.
I do hope Palace get relegated......then the traffic will be better when im on the bus.

buntycollocks
#23 Print Post
Posted on 18-03-2009 19:25
Quite The Regular

u cant get banned 4 chickens ffs
i call womens bits chicken
plucked 1s r so much better
no flossing and more gravy
smells like fish,tastes like chicken,thats the place u put ur dick in
big grin

I do hope Palace get relegated......then the traffic will be better when im on the bus.

Fat-Dart
#24 Print Post
Posted on 18-03-2009 19:28

FORUM ADDICT!

Why is this still going on?
It's established that people have access, it seems clear that this thread is just a childish way to get at Paul, for whatever reason.
What do you intend to gain? You've mentioned the site is boring now, this is hardly the 'interesting content' people are missing. If anything is boring on this site, it's crap like this.

Golden
#25 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2009 01:50

FORUM ADDICT!

Hi everyone! I trust you are all keeping well?

Thank you all for the airtime I've received of late. I didn't even realise that I was banned until being told about all this but since it's come to light I might as well say my bit.

Whoever came up with the 'site access' story deserves a clap as that's a good one seeing as 'Lils' didn't ever have access to the site. It would appear that the banning coincided with the site being relaunched after the recent security breach which in turn coincided with Saxton 'unfriending' (for want of a better word) me on Facebook and not responding to e-mails that I sent, so that coupled with 'Lils' being banned for 'site access reasons' is a bit weak don't you think? The user rights could have quite easily been removed without banning a user were that the real reason it happened.

I find it a bit unnecessary to ban someone for what appear to be personal reasons especially after such a short time in a power of position. It's not as if I was an active user on the site at the time either. It would be a shame for this site to go the way of uk8ball where you can't cough for fear of being banished into pool website oblivion! To the best of my knowledge the only people to be banned in five years of CroydonPool.com were Fieldsy and Cliff when they were having one of their episodes and they themselves will admit they were a tad delerious (yes you were Cliff).

As BDD has mentioned, please be very weary about going down the route of hiding behind usernames and threatening all and sundry with bans as it's a slippery slope. I trust the right decisions will be made.

Oh and in case you wanted to turn the registration activation link back on again the reason it wasn't working was because the domain is set up incorrectly. I am guessing that in the site admin it has the site domain set up as www.croydonpool.com when in fact it is www.croydonpool.com/croydon. The consequence of this is when the activation link is generated it doesn't include the fact that the site resides on a subdomain and therefore the link is incorrect. I suggest either changing the setting in the site admin to reflect the subdomain, or changing the setting with your ISP so that the domain of www.croydonpool.com points towards www.croydonpool.com/croydon instead of the root directory, the latter being the most suitable but I guess you already know that.

I'll come out of the shadows to post again if Swettenham wins the Singles and Rankings as that is as rare as rocking horse poo (I am allowed to say that aren't I?) but until then take care everyone Wink
Edited by Golden on 19-03-2009 01:59
No Armani No Punani!

The_Saxtonator
#26 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2009 02:27

Super Admin

Thanks for your advice Danny

I will sort the registration issue out, although in the long term I would like to get the site moved over to fusion 7.

I now know a bit more about Fusion than I did when I initially got the site back up

From now on I think the best way for the site to be run is that if anyone has a complaint please raise it to Site Team and it will be looked into if needs be

I have activated a bad word filter on the site so swearing should hopefully get replaced by ***

If I have been too harsh in the past I apologise, now that people want more banter etc on the site then that is fine, especially as the swear filter is now on

www.saxtonenterprises.com
The_Saxtonator
#27 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2009 02:28

Super Admin

The_Saxtonator
#28 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2009 02:29

Super Admin

The_Saxtonator wrote:

good the swear filter is working!

I am sure that you will all enlighten me if I have missed any words!

buntycollocks
#29 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2009 02:47
Quite The Regular

im fcuked

im still delerious

Cool

fieldsy
#30 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2009 02:57

Getting The Hang Of It

The_Saxtonator wrote:

If I have been too harsh in the past I apologise

O.k ill let it go this time...but learn by your mistakes Pfft

The_Saxtonator
#31 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2009 03:04

Super Admin

shit

The_Saxtonator
#32 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2009 03:06

Super Admin

hmmm there is something very strange going on here *******apparently is not swearing! I have put it into the swear filter and its not getting bleeped out but other words are

The_Saxtonator
#33 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2009 03:07

Super Admin

ok I take that back now its working

Whatapisstake
#34 Print Post
Posted on 19-03-2009 03:44

Must Get Out More

paul thank u .... i think what u have done was the right thing!! even if u had 2 bow 2 pressure... welcome back golden ball`s.. big grin
am not sticking my acheivements down the list is too long lmao surrender

Burn
#35 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2009 02:46

Quite The Regular

I haven't logged on here in a donkeys age, but frankly, reading about Danny being banned, I had to log in call whoever banned him, whatever the reason, a f*cking retarded mogadon.

He built the blo0dy place!

He made it what it is.

On the back of so doing so he put Croydon back on the Interleague map, scooped an Interleague KO Cup, and left a legacy that saw 2 teams representing Croydon where for years there were none.

And saw more Croydon players than ever represent Surrey, some of who ended up with a historic National Title - something very few will ever get to achieve.

Add to that the numerous Comps, venue improvements, and countless other things that came about as a direct result of this site being built and kept active by, Danny and others that supported his efforts.

And now some jumped up little weasel faced ingrate on a power trip wants to ban him. It's a f***ing disgrace and no mistake.

Whoever it was than banned him, for whatever trumped up half-ar$ed reason, needs a bucket of conkers (in their skins) firing up their jacksy with a Driving iron.

It stinks. Its rotten. Heads should roll.

Exactly the reason why power should never ever be wielded by those that want it. The minute someone asks to be in charge, the answer should be a resounding No.

P.S. I don't mind you banning Donna, that was OK Wink

http://www.surreypool.com
The_Saxtonator
#36 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2009 03:15

Super Admin

Mark, Danny was never banned from the website I have explained the situation both on here and on the phone to Danny.

The security of the site in terms of user permissions has been tightened due to the recent security breach, a fact which Danny understands.

Danny could have registered as a new user with no problem, if he had been banned, he would not have been able to even gain access to the site.

Danny hadnt logged into the site for a very long time. I was able to modify the database to reinstate all of his posts under a fresh account.

As mentioned previously, the site is going to be a lot more relaxed now. The main issue I had was with name calling on the site, whilst I still dont like that happening a swearing filter has been implemented, so people are free to post away.

Burn
#37 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2009 15:31

Quite The Regular

I read the explanation, and frankly found the inference, intentional or otherwise, that Danny had his 'power' removed because of the recent security breach, every bit as offensive as his 'banning/Admin removal'.

Is this suggesting that 'he' may have been the cause? Or simply that his account may have been exploited?

If as I'd assume, it is the latter, then simply changing his password, and that of any other SuperAdmin would have served perfectly well, along with an email sent to them explaining why.

From the perspective of the casual observer it looks very much to me like it was seen as an opportunity to 'take' autonomous control of the website.

You'd do well to remember that your position on here is granted in order for you to provide a service to the CDPL community, and not to 'own' anything.

You are the sites caretaker, the minute you appear to be moving that status to one of 'ownership', then you are clearly overstepping the mark.

IMO anyway.

On the topic of 'relaxed'. Again, in my opinion, it isn't down to you to decide how people conduct themselves on here, it is a website that belongs to a community of pool players, and things will get a bit fruity from time to time. So what? That is the essence of the site, kill it off and the site will become stale and lifeless.

Christ, myself and Danny actually used to TRY and cause trouble on here from time to time, just to stoke things up.

More to the point, if the users at large think that any individual is going over the top, then THEY can decide, and collectively tell you to do something about it.

Anyways, blah, said enough.

http://www.surreypool.com
the flash
#38 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2009 17:07
Quite The Regular

Spot on and very well put, but i fear the damage is already done, apart from results it appears that the number of posters lately has greatly reduced.
because i can

Sass
#39 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2009 17:19

FORUM ADDICT!

Bottom line is it's not fun using this site any more and I think a change is needed.

www.croydonpool.com
longshanks
#40 Print Post
Posted on 20-03-2009 17:31

Must Get Out More

Burn wrote:

Christ, myself and Danny actually used to TRY and cause trouble on here from time to time, just to stoke things up.

You mean that your opinionated drivel was just designed to get people posting? Shock, horror! You should get a job with Max Clifford.

And I think you only posted so that you could yet again mention Surrey being National Champions.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Pawleyne Arms
Pawleyne Arms
Summer League 2007 Presentation Night
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing