jacko266 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
croydon a at yarmouth
Shaggy
#21 Print Post
Posted on 06-04-2009 17:31
Must Get Out More

As a non eligible Tolworth player, I watcehd a fair bit of Croydon and Tolorth and in fact all the other teams from SUrrey over the weekend. The only game I missed of Croydon was there game against Preston.

Anyhow, what most people would consider the best players in the team all played well. Kyle, Pope, Evans, Mills, Kelly all looked to be playing very well. Miller fell into the held his own category, and Pool, Hewson and Swetts into the could have done better area. (Thats a personal opinion based upon the players ability in comparison to how well they actually looked to have performed, not saying they are inferior players etc etc).

It was I think the best Croydon have ever done (we may have got tto the 1/4's in around 95 but its all a dit fuzzy I am afraid), and given the players that have come and gone over the years its no mean feat, in fact it was an excellant weekend for Croydon.

Despite doing so well, the boys will still be kicking themselves as Dawley were no better than Croydon, and at 7-6 up, Croydon had chances in at least 3 frames and could and perhaps should have won or got a play off.

Given that Dawley lost 10-8 in the semi to the eventual winners, a chance went begging. That said I know for a fact that the players didnt expect to get through to the Sunday, as most of them turned into northerners by wearing the same shirts!! so expectations were well exceeded.

Well done to all.

Incidentally Tolworth were poor by their standards, but these things happen at Yarmouth.

House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truey
#22 Print Post
Posted on 06-04-2009 19:46
Quite The Regular

well done to the croydon boys, sounds like a godd w/eapplause
HOW LONG LEFT ?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Dino Nair
Dino Nair
2005 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing