oddball243 weeks
Knocky248 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
League Week 5 Runners and Riders
NuttyOne
Posted on 29-11-2007 00:12
Getting The Hang Of It

shhhhhh..... don't say that, Alex will want to turn his webcam on and get perving..

ThePower
Posted on 29-11-2007 00:14

Must Get Out More

NuttyOne wrote:
you think i'd lower myself that much to play for you?

Its like anything, when you are idolised by those around you and they persistently tell you that you are this and that then in the end you begin to believe you are good. Bottom line is son, you are not really that good, and carry the tag around of being highly overrated.

Truey smashes you more often than not. I feel sorry for you because surely Berty must see the pained expression on your face each time you play the Eden. We smile and say thanks again, its Spry on number one. 1 NIL EDEN.

NuttyOne
Posted on 29-11-2007 00:19
Getting The Hang Of It

i recall the score beng 2-2 between myself and Truey, his B&D last night i could not argue with and shook his hand accordingly in a sporting manner. And overrated?? not one player in our team thinks we are better than we really are.

Grettal
Posted on 29-11-2007 00:29
Getting The Hang Of It

ThePower wrote:
I was surprised Paul did not play last night as we expected to see him in the line up. I rate him above the likes of Matt Ansell

What have you been smoking?

ThePower
Posted on 29-11-2007 00:33

Must Get Out More

Ok, you are wonderful Rob. The best player to come out of Beckenham. True quality. 65%+ per season. Wow, you are my hero Rob. And you can beat anyone, I mean anyone.

There, does that make your bruised ego feel better?

ThePower
Posted on 29-11-2007 00:35

Must Get Out More

Grettal wrote:
ThePower wrote:
I was surprised Paul did not play last night as we expected to see him in the line up. I rate him above the likes of Matt Ansell

What have you been smoking?

Fuck me, these Coney boys are like ants. You tread on one then another comes along.

Grettal
Posted on 29-11-2007 00:42
Getting The Hang Of It

Merv'll be posting as soon as he connects his commadore to the net

berty
Posted on 29-11-2007 01:07
Home From Home

ThePower wrote:
Coneycueist wrote:
Jesus, I'm glad you don't pick the team. Wink

Not one of you would make the Eden starting 7

and yet we continue to finish above you in the league...weird

berty
Posted on 29-11-2007 01:16
Home From Home

and yet the wonderful eden is a sanctuary that will never be penetrated. I cannot recall the coney ever losing a player to another team a claim that is alien to you alex. I certainly also have never had to ask a rival team to keep a space open for me because my team has got too big for its boots a claim you cannot make alex.

we have our failings but team spirit and happiness in camp has never been one aurevoir

Lils
Posted on 29-11-2007 02:32

Must Get Out More

That's because no-one wants any of you. You're all rejects and you smell of cat litter and you wipe your arses on tea towels.

Rob Spry is a homo, Grettal is, well, just Grettal (I don't have time to list all of his failings), Rhys is an evil bastard, Berty is a freak, James is a child beater, Dippy loses to fat birds and Merv is beautiful. Don't start me on Saxton. chasing a chicken

If I've forgotten anyone, that's because they're insignificant.

MavisDavis
Posted on 29-11-2007 02:43
Quite The Regular

Lils wrote:

If I've forgotten anyone, that's because they're insignificant.

Damn, I lost my frame, lost to the Eden and now I'm 'insigificant.' Not sure my life is worth living anymore! I only started the Coney with a bunch of school mates many years ago so I guess the Eden can thank me for the highlight of their season every year.

Well done Eden. Fantastically competitive ecounter and the best team won on the night. Agreed, I got outplayed tactically which doesn't happen often but an in-form Scott is a class act so no disgrace in losing to him. Having only had half a season in Div 1 with world rules I was exposed a little tactically but learned a useful lesson last night. Top performances from Truey and Keith. I'm sure there will be more of the same in the re-match but hopefully we edge it next time...

MavisDavis
Posted on 29-11-2007 02:45
Quite The Regular

My money is also on The Eden NOT retiring at the end of the season.

ThePower
Posted on 29-11-2007 04:01

Must Get Out More

berty wrote:
and yet the wonderful eden is a sanctuary that will never be penetrated. I cannot recall the coney ever losing a player to another team a claim that is alien to you alex.

Errrrrr, lets clear this up. Graham Witt springs to mind. Left the Coney under a cloud mid-season to join the Brewers Victory. Reason: Because he won games and then got dropped for Berty's mates.

Here we go, I have another one for you Matthew. Danny Wordley - left the Coney for the Flying Machine. Reason: You guessed it, not given games when he won matches because Berty plays his mates.

Where is Rhys Bowen these days?

Paul Saxton, listen to me mate. Don't become another Graham Witt or Danny Wordley. You should of played last night and if you have enough of the Coney selection policy drop me a line, you can join us at the Eden and become a winner

Lils
Posted on 29-11-2007 04:08

Must Get Out More

laughing
ThePower wrote:

Where is Rhys Bowen these days?

Rhys lives in Hell. He's too busy pulling wings off butterflies and shooting angels to play pool.

Paul Saxton, you should of played last night and if you have enough of the Coney selection policy drop me a line, you can join us at the Eden

Oh my god - not only do we have to put up with Paul telling everyone why he couldn't be in the plate comp because he's a Division 1 player, he's now going to tell us how he's 'in demand'.

Luckily, it's the arse end of div 1 or we'd never hear the end of it . .

fishing for a bite

ThePower
Posted on 29-11-2007 04:10

Must Get Out More

berty wrote:
and yet we continue to finish above you in the league...weird

Do you ever think of nothing else? Weird, yes.

Listen fella, we keep telling you. When you have WON something to shout about we will then take you all seriously. Winning Division 4 league secretary trophies and the odd lower division has been done by all of us, it really isn't impressive to consider that as an achievement.

ThePower
Posted on 29-11-2007 04:20

Must Get Out More

Lils wrote:

Luckily, it's the arse end of div 1 or we'd never hear the end of it . .

fishing for a bite

You've been down the arse end of Div 1 a few times. Don't knock it.
big grin

ThePower
Posted on 29-11-2007 04:40

Must Get Out More

MavisDavis wrote:
I only started the Coney with a bunch of school mates many years ago

The thing you have to admire about the Coney is they're not afraid to openly display their campness.
Edited by ThePower on 29-11-2007 05:06

ThePower
Posted on 29-11-2007 05:05

Must Get Out More

Witts on line! Witts on line! Come on Graham spill the beans on your horrid time at the Coney...selection policy dogpus.

MavisDavis
Posted on 29-11-2007 05:06
Quite The Regular

Ha ha ha!! Takes one to know one Alex. I think the Eden give us a decent run for our money on the camp front. Your T shirt last night looked particularly lovely - silver and black suits you!!

ThePower
Posted on 29-11-2007 05:20

Must Get Out More

laughing

Sorry to disappoint you but 'I'm not one of those it takes to know!'

I could see you admiring my T-Shirt. I'll wear a special new one for the return match and make sure you have those tight grey trousers on again, very neat and dishy.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Sass
Sass
2008 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing