oddball243 weeks
Knocky248 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
League Week 5 Runners and Riders
berty
Posted on 29-11-2007 22:37
Home From Home

I can raid my penny jar do you take Coppers?

Shaggy
Posted on 29-11-2007 22:40
Must Get Out More

See above, for my additional comment!
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThePower
Posted on 01-12-2007 05:09

Must Get Out More

Shaggy, ?50, not a problem, you are 100% on if the match goes off.

An offer was on the table yesterday. Berty knows what it is. But not surprised there is silence from Camp Coney! Bottle is not known as being one of their best quality's.

Coneycueist
Posted on 02-12-2007 21:49

Home From Home

ThePower wrote:
Shaggy, ?50, not a problem, you are 100% on if the match goes off.

An offer was on the table yesterday. Berty knows what it is. But not surprised there is silence from Camp Coney! Bottle is not known as being one of their best quality's.

'Qualities'. It's odd; you look intelligent but write like a delinquent kiss
The Coney: The Home of Bread and Butter pool since 1999

Coneycueist
Posted on 02-12-2007 22:55

Home From Home

I'll have a friendly ?50 with you Truey if this does go ahead. I'll play you again on the undercard again if you are up for it and the match happens.
The Coney: The Home of Bread and Butter pool since 1999

Lils
Posted on 02-12-2007 23:24

Must Get Out More

I'll play all of you because you're all pony.

laughing

NuttyOne
Posted on 03-12-2007 21:27
Getting The Hang Of It

Sorry to upset you all but i have decided not to accept the challenge. Two reasons for it, firsty and mainly is that i just don't play for money, and secondly i almost quit playing this week as i am still suffering from the loss of my brother. Having said that i'm sure all of you will have an opinion of your own, but trust me, it was not a decision that was made without serious thought. See you all in the New Year, Merry Christmas and all that!!

ThePower
Posted on 04-12-2007 18:12

Must Get Out More

Rob, sorry to learn of your situation. I fully respect your position.

Berty will have to do the honorable thing and swallow his pride and succumb to a rematch. After all he appeared to find some cash from somewhere last week, was happy to enter into a wager.....

berty
Posted on 04-12-2007 19:26
Home From Home

There will be no rematch Alex as I have said from even before we knew the outcome of the first match.

If it will keep you quiet I am happy to transfer the ?50 bet I offered Truey to the return match vs the Eden in the second half of the season (like it needed any more spicing up!)

Now can we drop hostilities for a few weeks? other wise when the rematch comes around the banter will have no effect. It will be like wearing your warmest coat indoors during winter. When you go outside you don't feel the benefit.

Shame this match wont go ahead but having said that not as much of a shame as if we were to lose the Spry from the Coney. Keep it real mate you know we love ya.

ThePower
Posted on 04-12-2007 20:12

Must Get Out More

I'm not interested in a side bet on the return match. Beating you again will more than suffice. I'm sure Truey will take the bet though.

Part of you must feel you are letting yourself down - ducking me. The more you turn down the offer then the more I begin to feel like Lennox Lewis, and you my dear Berty begin to look like Riddick 'Big Daddy' Bowe.

Lewis publicly and openly humiliated Bowe for years because he ducked the big match. Lewis called him names like 'Chicken Bowe', and the 'Garbage Picker'. Its like us Berty, we play two frames of pool each season in the league, but everyone knows we are playing for the 'scraps'. The more you win, the more you become the 'garbage picker'. Everyone would love to see you back on the table and ripping me up....Don't let yourself be known as 'chicken Berty'.

One day you may wake up and smell the coffee....
Edited by ThePower on 04-12-2007 20:29

berty
Posted on 04-12-2007 20:43
Home From Home

The difference between me and you is that my life is not ruled by what other people think and all the bullsh*t that goes with it.

As I said at the time I did not feel like I let myself down and you were the better player and you won. For the final time WELL DONE.

My testosterone levels never have and never will rule my head wheras you seem to have man custard in stead of blood running through your brain, again well done (yes alex you are a big man).

As for letting myself down I would rather be in my position than that of you were you come on here every day and look like a complete idiot but again credit where it is due it makes the game more interesting.

You need agro to keep you going and to be honest with you we/I dont but we/I indulge your agro for the matches to add a bit of spice to it. We would be just as happy to play the game and share a beer but that is not your style, again which adds to the evening so I welcome it and am really looking forward to the rematch.

Every time you come on here you practically have conversations with yourself as you are physically incapable of ending a conversation without the final word so when it comes to Power Vs Berty the rematch in Dragons Deg style I am going to let you know where i am " I am out for all of the above reasons" I will not be investing my money in your future so you are going to have to go back to selling your ass for coppers to make cash on the side. This is my last word on this subject.

Please stop the text messages also I come on here during work hours to while away the time and have no time for this outside of Tuesday nights and office hours.

Thanks.

Cue the final word

ThePower
Posted on 04-12-2007 21:03

Must Get Out More

Agro? Ha! You clearly have a short memory who starts the agro at your matches. I can name numerous teams wound up by the Coney.

I'll let you have the last word Berty. I am not ashamed to allow you to have that one moment of glory.

berty
Posted on 04-12-2007 21:09
Home From Home

I only said I will not discuss our rematch as it got boring 4 months ago. I fully accept that we are a bunch of miserable bastads

Anyway we aren't playing this week so see you around this time next week

Good luck all.

Truey
Posted on 04-12-2007 21:14
Quite The Regular

Berty i have offered you numerous bets for a Eden v Coney money match
you have declined every 1 - Now you want a go & for only ?50, just over ?7 a man - Er let me think....... Nah your alright, maybe a few hundred & we are on, otherwise just play for trying to get some pride back - Although i wouldn't bother as you ain't gonna win

fishing for a bite
HOW LONG LEFT ?

berty
Posted on 04-12-2007 21:23
Home From Home

cool pride it is and for the record the offer of the bet on the match was with Alex not you

ThePower
Posted on 04-12-2007 21:25

Must Get Out More

Truey wrote:
Berty i have offered you numerous bets for a Eden v Coney money match
you have declined every 1 - Now you want a go & for only ?50, just over ?7 a man - Er let me think....... Nah your alright, maybe a few hundred & we are on, otherwise just play for trying to get some pride back - Although i wouldn't bother as you ain't gonna win

fishing for a bite

laughing

Let the little boy keep his pocket money! Now that's style.........

Shaggy
Posted on 04-12-2007 21:35
Must Get Out More

Alex, ill give you five start to fifteen for ?250.

ThePower
Posted on 04-12-2007 21:51

Must Get Out More

applause

How generous of you Paul. laughing
Edited by ThePower on 04-12-2007 22:01

Shaggy
Posted on 04-12-2007 22:08
Must Get Out More

Tart laughing

Golden
Posted on 05-12-2007 00:42

FORUM ADDICT!

Speaking of ducking money matches Alex, whatever happened to your boy wonder playing our boy wonder for a few shillings? I never had you down for one who wouldn't put your support behind one of your players . .

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Mannequins
Mannequins
2008 Scotch Doubles Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing