oddball243 weeks
Knocky248 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
League Week 5 Runners and Riders
ThePower
#41 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 23:18

Must Get Out More

Coneycueist wrote:
By the way Efren Reyes and Earl 'the Pearl' Strickland are now available for coney selection.

Far too bread and butter for your pub side.

berty
#42 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 23:30
Home From Home

I love the way you use pub side in a negative way. It kind of reminds me of my school PE teacher who used to shout "come on this is Schoolboy football"

Pointless, we are abetter pub side than you anyway as we could also drink you under the table. (well me merv and james could) Luke would fall asleep at the bar and Ansell would do his robot dance and we all know how an evening with saxton on the drink ends!!

Sexy bitch

Shaggy
#43 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 23:43
Must Get Out More

The bottom line is, it will be a rubbish match that will won by the team who mucks it up the least. You are far too excited for this to be anything decent.

So roll on, 4-3 one way or another and we can all forget about you both for a while.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThePower
#44 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 23:47

Must Get Out More

Must dash Berty, I have a date with destiny tonight playing and watching yawn, boring bread & butter pool, yawn, from a pub pool team who have always played second fiddle in Beckenham to the mighty Eden.

ThePower
#45 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 23:49

Must Get Out More

Shaggy wrote:
The bottom line is, it will be a rubbish match that will won by the team who mucks it up the least. You are far too excited for this to be anything decent.

So roll on, 4-3 one way or another and we can all forget about you both for a while.

I'll take a rubbish 4-3 win now.

berty
#46 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 00:50
Home From Home

yup will take a poor standard scrappy 4-3 now for sure. as for the rest of you slags you love it really cos lets face it there is no banter on this site anymore.

Golden
#47 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 01:35

FORUM ADDICT!

There is . . Unfortunately there are too many bruised egos to go with it . .

the-shark
#48 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 06:57

Home From Home

bromley cuemasters 2-5 the hotshots. credit to the hot shots played some good pool tonight and a deserved result. we played some good at times and maybe deserved another point! but well played hotshots, ps on way home i thought i heard thunder? or was the it the eden roar???Shockmfg:

Grettal
#49 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 07:05
Getting The Hang Of It

The Coney Cues 3 : 4 The Farley Eden

There was some amazingly good pool from the outset with a flawless break and dish from Truey setting the standard. Naturally there was also some not so great pool. All in all probably the deserved result of the night. Well done Eden, especially well done to Keith who I am amazed has adjusted to world rules so well and played them at 3-3 to give you the win.

Good luck for the rest of the season, can't wait to rip your arses out at the return fixture.
Edited by Grettal on 28-11-2007 07:06

Triple C
#50 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 07:41

Home From Home

Finally... Rack Pack won 6-1 against the SAS

berty
#51 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 16:04
Home From Home

Well played Eden on what overall was a deserved win. Truey set the standard to go 1-0 up with a B&D, before long we found ourselves 3-1 down without doing a massive amount wrong. We showed character to bring it back to 3-3 especially Ansell who gave us a chance going in to the decider. Keith played a tactically astute frame to edge out James on what was another tension filled evening that finally finished around 11:15. Totally gutted to have lost but well played Eden

Knocky
#52 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 16:16
Must Get Out More

prop 4 unpredictables 3,
only problem on the night was when at 3 each,mhm is playing jon hoy,mhm gos for finish ,cue ball about 10 inches away from ball he is ggoing to hit, he puts screw on the white but hits the ball so hard that thcue ball gos forward at 100mph,neither myself or gary who were refs called a foul as it happened so fast it was inpossible to tell if the cueball had been struck twice,however jon and the rest of my team were all convinced that it was a foul,even danny e insisted it was a foul and he was watching from 20feet away,we asked mhm after match if he did hit cueball twice and had got away with it and he said that he only hit cue ball once,i just know that if the player had been me and i thought that i had hit cueball twice i would have called foul on myself,even if the score was 3 each,wether or not mhm is not telling the truth is done and dusted now as he is now not as much respected as he once was from an unpredictableno
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

Burn
#53 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 17:10

Quite The Regular

If you can't clearly see the 2 hits you can't call it.

Even with the old rules where any kind of push is illegal, I've had players play shots against me where the white has been hit twice and overtaken the object ball; clearly impossible for anyone to put so much topspin on the white that it travels faster than the ball it has just hit, but try explaining that to someone that is stupid, adamant he didn't hit it twice, and has momentarily swapped his cue for a broom.

Unfortunately it is even harder to call in World Rules as it clearly states you have to see it to call it, as a single contact push isn't illegal.

I'd have called it on myself, but others, rightly some might say, will play to the whistle.

It's one of those where the Ref has be adamant and insistent, or let it go. No middle ground.

So fault not with MHM, but with the Ref.

http://www.surreypool.com
ThePower
#54 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 17:11

Must Get Out More

berty wrote:
Well played Eden on what overall was a deserved win. Truey set the standard to go 1-0 up with a B&D, before long we found ourselves 3-1 down without doing a massive amount wrong. We showed character to bring it back to 3-3 especially Ansell who gave us a chance going in to the decider. Keith played a tactically astute frame to edge out James on what was another tension filled evening that finally finished around 11:15. Totally gutted to have lost but well played Eden

Tense match is an understatement. It was couldron of tension, passion and in the end guts. Twice before we have stood at 3-3 and pinched the last frame, now it's three times. The difference in the end was tactically the Eden played the rules better on the night. Keith was immense and surely has to be one of the best over 60's player currently in the Croydon league. He is having a cracking season so far. As is Scott, who is currently unbeaten in all comps.

Losses to Eagles and Hot Shots so far this season is no disgrace and our performances were good enough to have taken more from both encounters so the form coming into last night was there.

We'll take the win all day long, it meant so much more than 4-3 we got, though the Coney were for the taking last night and part of me is disappointed we didn't grasp all our opportunities and spanked them good and proper!

band playing

In the meantime, we'll enjoy the moment.....

3-2

the-shark
#55 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 17:21

Home From Home

me and a few of the cuemaster lads decided to pop down to watch the coney eden match which when we arrived was 1-3 to the eden. have to admit even tho from that point on the pool was very tedious and tactical you could feel the tension and desire coming from both teams to get the vital win, when the final black dropped the place erupted with hugs and jumping around and of course the eden roar while the coneys looked very gutted and down. best part for me tho was after where both teams exchanged sporting handshakes and compliments despite the joys and dissapointment of the match. well done

berty
#56 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 17:32
Home From Home

yer it was tense all right but the fact is that as I said to one of the Cuemaster guys on the night usually for example if you go 4-0 down you really want to get the final 3 frames to get some points on the board but in this fixture it just does not matter it is all about the result. The fact that i won the supposed grudge match with Alex also come the end of the night meant nothing.

When all is said and done I will never compromise a sense of sportsmanship for anything and losing to our biggest rivals is no different. We have had our differences and I know that even with all the stuff said on here that we all get on really, probably why it hurts so much to lose to the C*nts!!

Shaggy
#57 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 17:32
Must Get Out More

I was gonna pop down but decided to watch the spectacular that was Pawleyne v Pond Q's. And after being baited by Pondlife that all the Eagles would be at their real home (Suzy's), and then shock horror he doesnt put in an appearance for his team.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truey
#58 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 17:50
Quite The Regular

Should have been a much bigger win - I think all the poney poos would agree ?

But a wins a win & all that - Nice for me to get back to winning ways this season with a B/D

Better luck in the return - your gonna need it fellas, at least we can sleep easy knowing we are once again the Kings of Beckenham - Pockets well & truly lined with the Coney's dreams - which are once again dust :razz:
HOW LONG LEFT ?

Truey
#59 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 17:56
Quite The Regular

Oh i almost forgot - Brilliant from Keith'the nugget' Barnetson

And well played to Young Matt Ansell - the 1 deserved frame from memory, the other 2 were more down to our errors - Nice of Alex to give Berty some pride back by missing a dolly laughing
HOW LONG LEFT ?

berty
#60 Print Post
Posted on 28-11-2007 18:29
Home From Home

you had the chance to bury us however the "boy wonder" and alex lost their arses as you said giving us chances. didn't see Scotts frame but by the sounds of it he was good, Arthur finished brilliantly, Ansell finished excellently, dippy v Boy wonder had errors and barry lost his bottle. Keith played a good DF on the black to make it difficult for james but very nearly threw away the whole match after missing a dolly black to clinch it. James was left a tough pot for the coney to win but missed and the rest is history.

bada bing until next time

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing