oddball242 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC263 weeks
cazza268 weeks
andye268 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Interleague
 Print Thread
CROYDON A KNOCKOUT CUP CHAMPIONS!
TomT
#1 Print Post
Posted on 03-05-2010 06:32
Quite The Regular

Last night Croydon A claimed the first available silverware in the interleague season as they won the Knockout in style! Beating Premier 10-6 in the final. It was a great team performance with everyone playing their part. Croydon B also performed on the day, with an weird set up of having to replay Tolworth; who they had previously beaten, to qualify?! Would just like to thank all of the other surrey teams for turning up to our venue to make up the numbers, we couldn't have won it without you-much appreciated. Come on Croydon A and B! trophyone

Shaggy
#2 Print Post
Posted on 03-05-2010 10:51
Must Get Out More

If I wasn't here, i'd be gutted I wasn't there! Well done guys, chuffed!!!!
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blockapocket
#3 Print Post
Posted on 03-05-2010 18:15
Home From Home

Fantastic Well done The A's
IT was a great day of pool for croydon all round.
Good performances from the B team getting a draw with
Tolwoth to enter a 3 man play off with the result ending
Croydon B 2 - Tolworth 1 With this result helping clear
a path for the A's, With Great Personal performances in the
B Team line up, The team can go forward with confidence for the reminder of the interleague season.
With the B teams day over UP STEPPED THE A'S to show how to complete the comp in your home venue.
With great play.Fantastic Banter
Interleague K.O. Champions COME ON. worship

Spud
#4 Print Post
Posted on 03-05-2010 19:05

Home From Home

WOW !!!

When I arrived at Suzy's yesterday morning, I already knew that we were gonna be without Shaggy & Knocky due to holidays, but then, I found out Graf was unavailiable, and also that Kyle was recieving the last rites over in Wallington!!!
It's fair to say our expectation levels for the day ahead were low.

Some frantic phone calls followed, as Hughie and myself badgered every pool player in our phones that could be eligible (Apologies to those who's Sunday morning peace was disturbed..) eventually, our S.O.S was answered by The Legend Nutmeg. So with 9 players on board, we set about getting some points on the board.

Our first match was against the lovely Tolworth Ladies, who include Croydon's very own Cathy Fox amongst thier ranks.
We played very well, securing a 14-4, with Nuttmeg getting 2/2 for us.

We were now due to play the winners of Croydon B vs. Tolworth, which most people would have had Tolworth as favourites for.
Not on Croydon's shift though. . .

The B team pulled all kinds of rabbits from hats to get a 9-9 against the superstars of Tolworth, it truly was an awesome performance.
However, the way our group was set, it meant there had to be a winner, so now the boys had to rally round and get themselves fired up for a three man / three frame play off.
All frames were being played simultaneously. Steve Pantony was first to finish, with what honestly, was one of the best dishes I have ever seen. . . It was truly spectacular, and to do it in a play off made it even better. Shortly after Ray narrowly missed out, so 1-1 and all eyes now turn to Paul Haliston (Chatty) vs. Frank Strivens.
Frank with two in hand, missed a finish which if you know the man, was extremely un-Strivens like to miss.
Chatty held his nerve to roll them home and give Croydon B an epic victory.

So early doors in the comp, and it was Croydon A vs Croydon B to win the group, and thus, the right to go on and compete for the cup outright.
The good news for the A's, was that Graf was able to make a cameo for us, and obliged with a 2/2. Some brilliant pool was played by both sides, but the A's got our noses in front and stayed there, to win the game and the group;.

We were joined in the winners group by the two other group winners, Godalming who came through fairly comfortable in the end, and Premier, who were with us on the back of a 1 frame shoot out with Warriors.

Premier were on first against Godalming, whilst we all sat and enjoyed the fine fruits of refreshment provided by Suzy's bar.
Premier were superb, and dispatched Godalming fairly ruthlessly.

So on we went vs. Godalming knowing that we only needed a draw to leave us a with a shot at Premier and the Cup.
Horror amongst horrors though, we had lost both Nuttmeg and Graf by this stage. . . We needed a miracle, which we got in the form of Lazerus Kyle Pickett, who rose from his death bed in our hour of need. Naturally, he won 2/2 !!!
Nick and Miller were the other maximums as Godlaming gave us a massive fight which we didn't expect. . . we held our nerve to get the 9-9 we required. Godalming were out now, 3rd place for them.
It was us and Premier for the title.

We played out of our skins. The Telfords were magic, especially junior, 4/4 for them in what was truly an awesome and powerful display.

Big thanks to all the B team lads that stuck round and shouted us on, your support was well appreciated, and hold your heads high on a fine day for Croydon pool.

Your Croydon A Heroes, in which everyone deserves immense credit for what was almost 12 hours of commitment are:

Hugh Telford
Wayne Pope
Tom Telford
Andy Esgrove
Nick Pool
Cliff Mills
Mark Miller
Kyle Pickett
Graf Bishop
Tony Nuttman
And yours truly . . .

Well done lads X

TomT
#5 Print Post
Posted on 03-05-2010 23:27
Quite The Regular

Spud wrote:
We played out of our skins. The Telfords were magic, especially junior, 4/4 for them in what was truly an awesome and powerful display.

There was another 2/2 in the final with some awesome potting, I wonder who that may have been?
bow

nuttmeg
#6 Print Post
Posted on 04-05-2010 00:16
Home From Home

Gutted to get a crisis call from home last night meaning I had to rush off at 9pm thoroughly enjoyed watching the A team play. Saw top notch clear up under pressure from T Telford to put Croydon in front in the final. The 2 obvious things were that Both Croydon teams had very very good team spirit & that the a's can play while drunk. Top result for Croydon well done boys. Ps not saying I'm old but the last time I played for Croydon was 15 years ago

miq
#7 Print Post
Posted on 04-05-2010 16:41

Home From Home

Well done to Croydon A for winning the comp. bow

The_Saxtonator
#8 Print Post
Posted on 04-05-2010 19:51

Super Admin

Well done guys! clapping Saxton Chicken

www.saxtonenterprises.com
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Danny Evans
Danny Evans
Winter League 07/08 Presentation Night
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing