oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
KO Cup Final
Faz Da Fisher
#1 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 03:56

Home From Home

Eden eagles 11 - 1 better halfs

The KO Cup final finished at 9.30pm started at 8.25pm

11-1 thank god rod wasn't here. They were mentally beaten before any chalk was rubbed on a cue.

In fairness better halfs had nothing no run no luck no rod good clearance from Andre was the highlight for them but the Eden were formidable no nonsense stuff.
Edited by Faz Da Fisher on 13-09-2011 03:57
I think I got a bite ... And it's a big one

TomT
#2 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 04:39
Quite The Regular

Faz Da Fisher wrote:

Decent Result.

Blockapocket
#3 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 06:57
Home From Home

well done to the Eden Eagles that was a massive win.bow

K.O CUP PLATE . RESULT
FORUM A 11 Foreign Legion 6 clapping

A King Disher
#4 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 09:48
Home From Home

Well done you Eden Eagles.
Although I can't see how the match was played on neautral ground when we all know you will be back there for the start of the Winter ! Well that's assuming it's there lol.
Oh yes, but I would suppose you've already claimed your table placement at the other venue assuming it will be there. What next ?
With regards to Rod, this team has been in finals before and without him on side, so what are you suggesting ? And with all due respect he's only accountable for 3 to 4 games out of any match final so we are never dependant upon him and furthermore we got to this final without his input. So I fail to understand why the emphasis is upon him.
The Better Halfs were disjointed this evening not depleted ! Just remember that. And why were we this way, well I guess because officials could'nt honour their spoken words. This leaves a bitter taste in ones mouth !
I could say loads here but I guess there's a time and place for everything.
I think you all know what I speak of and will have your consciences somewhere along the line. Or will you !
One further point, throughout this KO cup, we have'nt had one single home match and our sponsor is not at all happy about this, i.e value for money. How many of you have had home matches ? And to be honest the ?20 saving per season entry is actually costing us a lot more than we may have anticipated. And that's excluding Frith Road parking charges.
Where am I going with this you maybe asking yourselves. Well I/we seem to be governed by a body that has little input but big input when it wants as certain things have shown.
Is it all worth it. Time will tell !
Once again, Well done and played to the Eden Eagles.

Metin250
#5 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 14:36
Home From Home

How can u have a complaint or feel bitter about that? That is not most of our home venue in the winter or summer, outside of Yarmouth they r the best tables u can get. The venue was decided a long time ago and u lot seemed happy when u whipped blood masters without rod in that venue. It is after all a Croydon league so where better than to play it in Croydon ? I don't know much about y he was barred and to b honest it's none of my business but what I will say is u had a team more than capable to compete but we were too good on day !

andye
#6 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 15:09

Home From Home

my missus had the right hump... she'd only just got home from dropping me off and then had to leave again straight away to come and collect me...
then she says to me "what happened? didn't the other team turn up"...!

we got away to a good start going 3-0 up.
i was shocked to see the better halfs arguing amounst themselves over shot selection and missing balls and that seemed to dent their confidence and boost ours and imo made a big difference to the match.
even a ridiculous claim for a foul just gave away more signs of desperation and in the end just made it all too easy for us!

well done the EE'strophyone

jacko
#7 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 15:12
Must Get Out More

wel done eagles...pretty damn impressive result (must b the venue) butter wouldn't melt ...

handbrake
#8 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 16:23
Home From Home

Well done to met and co, thought It would have been much closer than that, as for the venue I would want to play they every week as the tables are the best the league had to offer, am I right in saying rod was still barred ??

Truey
#9 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 16:33
Quite The Regular

fcuk me that is a r@ping....are you sure it was actually the final Shock haha & not a friendly
Edited by Truey on 13-09-2011 16:33
HOW LONG LEFT ?

ThePower
#10 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 16:33

Must Get Out More

Faz Da Fisher wrote:

As Mr Cee said:
HUNG DRAWN QUARTERED SLAUGHTERED Springs To Mind....!
Edited by ThePower on 13-09-2011 16:35

Mr Cee
#11 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 16:52
Getting The Hang Of It

lame

Teach
#12 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 17:00

Home From Home

metin250 wrote:
The venue was decided a long time ago and u lot seemed happy when u whipped blood masters without rod in that venue.

Was it really necessary bringing that result up??? After intensive counselling, we had only just started to get out of bed again!! lol..... you're out of order Metin!! hitting with a chair
Knockout Cup Winners 2011, 2014 trophyone

Division One Summer Champs 2011, 2012, 2015 trophyone

Shaggy
#13 Print Post
Posted on 13-09-2011 18:25
Must Get Out More

Farron wins a cup - Porter wins a league.
I have heard it all now. ;-)

Whilst I wasn't necesarily a shock that the Eden (I cant brng myself to call them Eagles!) won, there is no way I expected that score.

It can happen obviously however the team I have seen playing in Division 2 are head and shoulders better then anyone else outside Div 1, and if the game was played on tracing paper with peanuts and knitting needles id expect it to be closer.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metin250
#14 Print Post
Posted on 14-09-2011 01:19
Home From Home

Sorry teach no dig intended I know u been spending a lot of cash on this therapy and I had no intention of trying to give u a relapse!!!! Your still the number 1 team in lewisham as it was proved!!!

A King Disher
#15 Print Post
Posted on 14-09-2011 18:15
Home From Home

How was that proved then !
And Metin, if you take time to read correctcly, you may have to correct yourself. There is no mention of table quality but moreso distribution of events. I for one along with many others are all for the pubs keeping some of this business. Let's face it, it began life as an inter pub league not an inter Rileys league.
If it's merely quality that you are after then maybe you should come and try out our venue. We have 2 brand new ( not refurbes ) Supremes and we can add a 3rd, 4th or how ever many. How many would you like ! Don't just take my word for it, ask your Secretary who plays for us on a Wednesday and will be with us tonight. Also ask him of the quality just across the road from us. He himself said that this table is superior to the ones that you are accustomed to.
Rileys were more than happy to let the semi and final play elsewhere but you Guys voted against it. Before you start on another rant, I know you were quite within your rights and the match was played at Purely way, in good spirit I believe. And also I have praised you Guys for an excellent performance in this final against a disjointed team. So why do you carry on with all this !
I tell you what, do you really believe that you are the number one in Croydon and we're the underdogs in Lewisham ! Let's make this the final of finals and see if you are that big enough to put your money where your mouth is. Let's play it a best of 3 final i.e 2 more sets of 21. Best of 3 wins the final. Of course the next set will be played at our venue and the third on the flick of a coin.
You up for it ! If not or you run scared then please accept your win gracefully and be quiet on the subject now.
Of course if you're in agreement, we will have to notify our league Secretary and make arrangements.
The Mighty Better Halfs are game. Are you !
You know what, we may rename ourselves " The SE Preservation Society " MMMMM this sounds quite good lol.
We're all ears now !!!!!!!! ner ner violin stayontopic

andye
#16 Print Post
Posted on 14-09-2011 22:18

Home From Home

Hans Du Dishus wrote:
We're all ears now !!!!!!!!

We're all asleep now...!!!!

metin's only having a bit of banter with teach...

as for croydon's number 1, the league doesn't lie
the cuemasters (last time i checked) were No1 in croydon hence would be No1 in lewisham...

the eden are No. 4 and the wetter halfs look to be 11th so did we to make the final!

as from this time next week metin's loan period to the eden would have terminated and he will be property of the eagles. i'm sure if you call mr nuttman he'll be more then happy to arrange a money match for the team!

Metin250
#17 Print Post
Posted on 15-09-2011 04:53
Home From Home

Hans Du Dishus wrote:
How was that proved then !
And Metin, if you take time to read correctcly, you may have to correct yourself. There is no mention of table quality but moreso distribution of events. I for one along with many others are all for the pubs keeping some of this business. Let's face it, it began life as an inter pub league not an inter Rileys league.
If it's merely quality that you are after then maybe you should come and try out our venue. We have 2 brand new ( not refurbes ) Supremes and we can add a 3rd, 4th or how ever many. How many would you like ! Don't just take my word for it, ask your Secretary who plays for us on a Wednesday and will be with us tonight. Also ask him of the quality just across the road from us. He himself said that this table is superior to the ones that you are accustomed to.

Rileys were more than happy to let the semi and final play elsewhere but you Guys voted against it. Before you start on another rant, I know you were quite within your rights and the match was played at Purely way, in good spirit I believe. And also I have praised you Guys for an excellent performance in this final against a disjointed team. So why do you carry on with all this !
I tell you what, do you really believe that you are the number one in Croydon and we're the underdogs in Lewisham ! Let's make this the final of finals and see if you are that big enough to put your money where your mouth is. Let's play it a best of 3 final i.e 2 more sets of 21. Best of 3 wins the final. Of course the next set will be played at our venue and the third on the flick of a coin.
You up for it ! If not or you run scared then please accept your win gracefully and be quiet on the subject now.
Of course if you're in agreement, we will have to notify our league Secretary and make arrangements.
The Mighty Better Halfs are game. Are you !
You know what, we may rename ourselves " The SE Preservation Society " MMMMM this sounds quite good lol.
We're all ears now !!!!!!!! ner ner violin stayontopic

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..... my god your meant to post comments not books!!! stop reading after 2 lines due to boredom!!!lol but yes wiggy is correct I am having a joke with Teach !!!!
Edited by Metin250 on 15-09-2011 04:56

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Rob Cogar
Rob Cogar
2008 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing