Print Thread
RIP Suzy Q's
andye
#1 Print Post
Posted on 07-02-2012 15:47

Home From Home

from SLeM on the surrey site...

Posted: 2012-02-06 21:03

I have just had verbal confirmation from Riley's that the current County home venue at Purley Way will be closing tomorrow (Tuesday) evening.

The County matches scheduled for this coming Sunday, 12 February, will STILL be going ahead but we are NOT yet in a position to confirm the venue. We are currently liaising with our main contact at Hampshire and will confirm the venue as quickly as we can.

Sorry for the short notice but watch rhis space!

http://www.surrey...topic=4880
Edited by andye on 07-02-2012 15:49

SCORCHIO12
#2 Print Post
Posted on 07-02-2012 16:41

Must Get Out More

Where the fcuk are the teams going to go then? I know a lot of people do not like frith road, personally i like the place (tables will need sorting out) but there is just no where to park!!!!!

Heard a rumour that rileys were trying to get a deal with the car park on frith road (forgot the name) to park for a ?1 anyone else heard that? Dont know how that would work...

andye
#3 Print Post
Posted on 07-02-2012 16:50

Home From Home

there is parking, just not free...!
Edited by andye on 07-02-2012 17:53

SCORCHIO12
#4 Print Post
Posted on 07-02-2012 17:39

Must Get Out More

andye wrote:
there is parking, just not free...!

There are never any spaces out the front on the parking meters and unless you want to park on probably the 5th floor of the car park and pay ridiculous prices and then walk you will not get parked.
Simples....

EmDee
#5 Print Post
Posted on 07-02-2012 17:42

Home From Home

RIP Suzy, you will be missed

crying

Anyone know more info?

Was it sold as a going concern?

Where are the tables going?

Why do men have nipples?

If an ambulance is on it's way to someone and it runs someone else over does it stop to help them?

http://www.joincrash.com
Fat-Dart
#6 Print Post
Posted on 07-02-2012 18:04

FORUM ADDICT!

Having spoken with both Simon (Rileys Frith Road) and Ian Huett (Rileys Area Manager), I can confirm what I've been told so far:

1. The club was sold and will no longer be a pool club. The new owners have planning permission agreed and it wil become a function suite, probably for wedding receptions etc (although why people would want this with all the hotels nearby is anyone's guess but there must be a market for it or they wouldn't have done it). Any rumours about it staying a pool venue for a year were just that, rumours.

b. The tables, and all other fixtures/fittings will be sold off. Presumably because the new owners don't want/need them. I don't know how/where they will be sold though, so no idea where to pick up a bargain red telephone box etc.

(iii) This Friday (10th) Frith Road will get new tables, taking their total up to 15 uk tables for now. One more table s on order but there's a delay at Supreme so this will be about a week later. Enough American tables will be taken out and the others moved about like a cue-sport sliding block puzzle, to make space for the incoming new tables.
This will then make Frith Road a 16 uk table venue, as was the beloved Suzy Qs, which is enough to cater for the ongoing league sponsorship, as well as County/Interleague/SPPL/CSL etc.

4.0 Obviously all teams that currently play from Rileys Purley Way have to find new homes. I've heard the Prop are going to Frith, I know Pond Qs have already gone back to The Wheatsheaf, Goodfellas are deciding tonight. Don't know about Rack Pack, Wizards or Foreign Legion.

A sad day indeed.
Sad

Metin250
#7 Print Post
Posted on 07-02-2012 18:18
Home From Home

A sad day indeed but an expected 1!
Atleast we can start the singles league up I'm getting withdrawals!
Great news about the tables going in frith, I like the place and think the parking is the only issue but there is a massive car park where the old Riley's in Croydon used to be near blk sheep bar which always has parking and also Surrey street market. Travel is easy to central Croydon and means most people can have a drink if wanted.
Atleast frith has skysports !

SCORCHIO12
#8 Print Post
Posted on 07-02-2012 18:30

Must Get Out More

metin250 wrote:
there is a massive car park where the old Riley's in Croydon used to be near blk sheep bar which always has parking and also Surrey street market.

I can picture in a few weeks time the Croydon Advertiser headlines: 'Croydon sees a rise in muggings as Cue Theft in Surrey Street soars!'

Cash Converters is going to be very busy!!

Metin250
#9 Print Post
Posted on 07-02-2012 18:40
Home From Home

SCORCHIO12 wrote:
metin250 wrote:
there is a massive car park where the old Riley's in Croydon used to be near blk sheep bar which always has parking and also Surrey street market.

I can picture in a few weeks time the Croydon Advertiser headlines: 'Croydon sees a rise in muggings as Cue Theft in Surrey Street soars!'

Cash Converters is going to be very busy!!

Hahahaha best not leave your broomstick
Laying about!

andye
#10 Print Post
Posted on 07-02-2012 23:16

Home From Home

i've paid my last visit to suzy q's, sad day, have had some great memories in there...

i collected a bunch of old eagles trophies and took them to the charity shop. they asked if i also had any runners up trophies so i thought maybe the prop could help out!!!

Macca
#11 Print Post
Posted on 08-02-2012 00:31
Quite The Regular

have a good look syrup youll find more than one mate

Nature Boy
#12 Print Post
Posted on 08-02-2012 06:20

Home From Home

Tonight definitely marks the end of an era for the Croydon Pool league. Ive been playing for many years and this is without a doubt the best venue for pool and was the home of Croydon Pool.

Suzi Q's have seen many many great matches, finals, single leagues, KO Cups etc.

I have many great memories from this venue, the one that stands as my favorite when we the Double Elimination event which took place back in December 2009, beating the likes of Steve Aldridge, Gary Swettenham, Luke Wilsher and Andre Cox all in the same day getting to the Semi Finals only to loose to Barry Watkins and then again to Teach later in the evening.

Suzie Q's have seen many upsets, toys out of prams as well as some sexy, but naughty pool over the years.

I dont think Frith Road will ever live up to Suzi Q's standard with regards to table standards, but we have to move with the times and see in the coming months and years on what Frith Road will do for the Croydon Pool league.

Fat-Dart
#13 Print Post
Posted on 08-02-2012 18:48

FORUM ADDICT!

Anyone fancy buying a piece of history...

http://www.ebay.c...27c31d13c1

andye
#14 Print Post
Posted on 08-02-2012 19:03

Home From Home

tournament snooker tables??? who are they trying to kid...

the list is very wrong as half the stuff had all ready gone missing when i called in tuesday!

i called in to collect a set of aramith pro snooker balls only to find someone had nicked them...!!!

chuckles
#15 Print Post
Posted on 09-02-2012 02:24

Home From Home

I was surprised to hear the home of the Imperials has closed. Started playing there in about 1988. The place was heaving. Played our last game there 2010.
After a brief visit to Wandle road Rileys for 4-5 years we came back to our spiritual home. What a dump it was too. Badly run, ( it was always running out of drinks) and only had 2 tables. Didn't have to put up with that too long because the great Hannah took over and turned the place into what it became. Hannah *left*. Imperials fell apart. Now no more Suzy's. Coincidence?????
Edited by chuckles on 09-02-2012 02:26
Always have a plan 'B'
Even plan 'B' has failed

sparks
#16 Print Post
Posted on 09-02-2012 20:03
Home From Home

If any one is interested in purchasing any assets from suzy's, fixture ,fittings, tables, chairs Pool & Snooker tables, lights, etc.

It is now all on EBAY starting bid 12000.

Have since been in contact with new owner adn expressed an interest in purchasing a Pool table.

Pool Tables ?350 that includes 2 cues, rest, triangle, balls and light fitting.

Snooker Table ?300 and same as above.Pfft

Rambo
#17 Print Post
Posted on 10-02-2012 21:20
Home From Home

sparks wrote:
If any one is interested in purchasing any assets from suzy's, fixture ,fittings, tables, chairs Pool & Snooker tables, lights, etc.

It is now all on EBAY starting bid 12000.

Have since been in contact with new owner adn expressed an interest in purchasing a Pool table.

Pool Tables ?350 that includes 2 cues, rest, triangle, balls and light fitting.

Snooker Table ?300 and same as above.Pfft

Good deal ?350 for superme tables, wish I had the room!

JugglingSpence
#18 Print Post
Posted on 11-02-2012 01:36

Home From Home

Ramsay wrote:

Good deal ?350 for superme tables, wish I had the room!

I know what you mean! I've just been informed that the bed is "essential" which is a shame because the bedroom is the perfect size.

And women have the front to accuse us of not understanding them!
As happy as a single man living above a chip shop

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Marc Burnett
Marc Burnett
Croydon Interleague (Past)
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing