oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Division 3 - Week 13
Welshy
#1 Print Post
Posted on 15-02-2012 14:11
Home From Home

Beechtree Boshers 6 - 4 Eagles Bird

Good win for us Grinbut at 3-2 down at the break it wasn't looking clever, but our second half display much better as we took the first four.

Mentions to myself and Jonesy for win doubles last night 2/2 winking

Good bunch the Eagles Bird, good luck for the remainder of the season handshake
Fortune Favours the Brave...tumbleweed

No1 Nugget
#2 Print Post
Posted on 16-02-2012 02:26
Must Get Out More

Rileys legends 8 2 jolly sailor

well played jolly sailor great bunch wish them well for the rest of the season bye next week which will put us 18 points clear oh and thats with a 5 point deduction catch us if you can lol
Edited by No1 Nugget on 16-02-2012 03:55
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

Shaggy
#3 Print Post
Posted on 16-02-2012 07:50
Must Get Out More

3 questions.

1. What have the Rileys Legends actually done to self classify themselves as legends?

2. How can you say well played to the opposition when you have won 8-2, without sounding arrogant?

3. Why did you get deducted 5 points?
Edited by Shaggy on 16-02-2012 07:53
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaggy
#4 Print Post
Posted on 16-02-2012 07:52
Must Get Out More

Cant be assed to wait!

1. Nothing

2. You cant

3. Cheating

Allegedly!

division 4 summer champs (31st best team in the league)
division 5 winners ( 49th best team in the league)
division 5,4 divisional singles winner (4/3 x 12 teams with 8 players best player in the league)
division 5,4 secretary winner (Really. Someone that can hold a pen sheeeesh!)
Edited by Shaggy on 16-02-2012 08:03

Metin250
#5 Print Post
Posted on 16-02-2012 14:36
Home From Home

Hahahahahaahahahahahaha
That is 1 of the funniest things I have ever read on here!

Teach
#6 Print Post
Posted on 17-02-2012 00:42

Home From Home

In defence of the legends, the name does have its comedy element! A bit like the pawlene fowlers! Great name shaggy... With regards to the cheating... The offence was explained to all secretaries at the agm last week. OMG -it was really complicated to understand! And i consider myself to be mildly intelligent! Lol
Knockout Cup Winners 2011, 2014 trophyone

Division One Summer Champs 2011, 2012, 2015 trophyone

No1 Nugget
#7 Print Post
Posted on 17-02-2012 03:10
Must Get Out More

Shaggy no need for that mate its just a name and the jolly did play well and I wasn't being arrogant and with the other thing about the 5 points it was a mistake and we have been punnished for it as the william needed the points so they got the extra point which they didnt deserve as they got the bye from the games but who cares its in the past as for ur other comments regarding where we are overall doesn't bother me as we comming up the rankings also just wanted to let you know the rankings don't lie mate you should take a look. Also without being rude cause i respect what you have achieved in the croydon league i was wondering why u are wasting ur time getting involved in our division 3

No1 Nugget
#8 Print Post
Posted on 17-02-2012 03:20
Must Get Out More

metin250 wrote:
Hahahahahaahahahahahaha
That is 1 of the funniest things I have ever read on here!

really, i just knew you would have to comment as you always do handshake

Metin250
#9 Print Post
Posted on 17-02-2012 04:00
Home From Home

I did my comment i was just laughing at shaggys very funny post!

No1 Nugget
#10 Print Post
Posted on 17-02-2012 05:04
Must Get Out More

metin250 wrote:
I did my comment i was just laughing at shaggys very funny post!

Ohhh ok was it that funny you are very easily pleased then as I didn't think it was that funny but hay whatever makes you tick I suppose lol

Bink286
#11 Print Post
Posted on 17-02-2012 18:45
Getting The Hang Of It

neil wrote:
Shaggy no need for that mate its just a name and the jolly did play well and I wasn't being arrogant and with the other thing about the 5 points it was a mistake and we have been punnished for it as the william needed the points so they got the extra point which they didnt deserve as they got the bye from the games but who cares its in the past as for ur other comments regarding where we are overall doesn't bother me as we comming up the rankings also just wanted to let you know the rankings don't lie mate you should take a look. Also without being rude cause i respect what you have achieved in the croydon league i was wondering why u are wasting ur time getting involved in our division 3

As was explained at the AGM, the William were disadvantaged by the Rileys Legends putting the bye against a stronger player at #4, and then forging a signature against the absent player's name in order to avoid the home team twigging. The vote was unanimous, so I'd be interested to hear your argument as to why they didn't deserve it?

It is a shame you were not there to explain this in person?

Clearly however, it was just a mistake. A mistake to try and pull a fast one over a team that knows the rules. Something to bear in mind when you get promoted to Div II eh?

Shaggy
#12 Print Post
Posted on 17-02-2012 19:36
Must Get Out More

Neil, the post was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest, so I wouldn't take it to heart to much.

I care about divison 3 like any other Div other than the one I am playing in, as I have been playing is league summer and winter for 20+ years, and especially the summer ones many of these have been id Div 3 and below.

In reltion to rankings they may not lie but they do mislead. Id not base my opinion of a players ability based on how high they are in the rankings. I rarely look at rankings as I dont play singles or doubles so its holds little interest unless one of my team mates are doing OK.

An example of misleading, when the league was bigger and more points for doubles/singles etc, I won 18 out of 22 in the league, 8 out of 8 in the league cup and was 300+ in the rankings.

Morray Dolan played in the league the other year. He was 8th in the Country on the IPA Tour and not in the first 200 in Croydon.

No1 Nugget
#13 Print Post
Posted on 17-02-2012 21:46
Must Get Out More

Bink286 wrote:
neil wrote:

As was explained at the AGM, the William were disadvantaged by the Rileys Legends putting the bye against a stronger player at #4, and then forging a signature against the absent player's name in order to avoid the home team twigging. The vote was unanimous, so I'd be interested to hear your argument as to why they didn't deserve it?

It is a shame you were not there to explain this in person?

Clearly however, it was just a mistake. A mistake to try and pull a fast one over a team that knows the rules. Something to bear in mind when you get promoted to Div II eh?

yeah but i personally dont think he was their best playerand they got 2 points for free of us but anyways its done now we move on, i was meaning to come and give my version but had to cancel through family promblems,but hay we all make mistakes as i told them that on the night, and apparently he was their best player well he had a bye and i decided to play their best player in the second set and beat him, but hopefully we can put this behind us and move on we will meet the william again this season which im looking forward to and we will just take the points back off them,

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Rob Cogar
Rob Cogar
2008 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing