oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
group B week 1
Pondlife
#1 Print Post
Posted on 13-03-2012 18:42

Must Get Out More

Pond Q's 9 Langley Sports 1

Bit of a one-sided match,just like the one at the Emirates. Very nice group of lads who played the game in a creditable manner. Just as well it was a friendly atmosphere as it was impossible to have any sort of space between the sides. Rileys have created a comedy club without even knowing it. The gaps between the tables are totally inadequate. Presumably they had their full complement of tables prior to the demise of Purley Way. They now would appear to have shifted the entire stock from Purley to Croydon. If they think that this has created an acceptable playing environment,they are totally wrong. Also the parking situation is an absolute joke,both on availability and cost. It's no good for the league to have agreed a sponsorship and then watch its members shell out a fortune to Croydon Council for the privilege of parking . By closing Purley Way,Rileys have reneged on the sponsorship agreement. It now needs to be reviewed as a matter of some urgency.

The other match in our group : Rileys Cuemasters 6 Warbank 4

Shaggy
#2 Print Post
Posted on 13-03-2012 19:17
Must Get Out More

You must qualify for a bus pass now. Id suggest using it!
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pondlife
#3 Print Post
Posted on 13-03-2012 21:19

Must Get Out More

Quite right young man. Unfortunately though, we are not a one man team !

longshanks
#4 Print Post
Posted on 15-03-2012 06:46

Must Get Out More

You are right Pat, but there was enough room for some mad gooner to go running around like a madman when the Arse nicked a late winner while some of us were trying to win important frames.

Pondlife
#5 Print Post
Posted on 15-03-2012 16:13

Must Get Out More

Perhaps Rileys should dispense with Sky television and the luxurious viewing suite . Using current practice,they could reasonably expect to fit another 20 or 30 tables into the vacant space. Happy Days !

Metin250
#6 Print Post
Posted on 15-03-2012 17:23
Home From Home

Wow! Never seen so much moaning in my life,
Your old home table in purley way had a phone box In the way so can't understand your moaning.
Was nt purley way robbed on more than 1 occasion yet u call frith unsafe!
If it were nt for Riley's the amount of good pool venues would be non existent.
Less not forget its a pool hall not a library who cares if there is some noise, I grew up playing it in a noisy pub as I'm sure a lot of u did and I'd prefer atmosphere to silence.

YNWA

Pondlife
#7 Print Post
Posted on 15-03-2012 20:16

Must Get Out More

Firstly I would like to point out to you that a forum is a medium for airing one's opinions. If you don't like that,I would suggest that you don't come on the site. You obviously don't share my concerns and I respect your views. Notwithstanding that, I believe that the sooner Riley's sponsorship is terminated,the better it will be for the significant majority of the league. Why should all the other home venues be penalised for the benefit of Rileys ? We are a pub league and pool is a pub game ! Having lost Purley Way.all other Rileys should be banned from hosting teams ! IMO

Metin250
#8 Print Post
Posted on 15-03-2012 21:10
Home From Home

As u say this is an open forum and so I am commenting on what u keep moaning about! If Riley's stop sponsoring and shut down so will the league as there will be no more pool venues and then there won't be a forum for u to moan on!

YNWA

Rambo
#9 Print Post
Posted on 15-03-2012 22:08
Home From Home

I love my popcorn!

A King Disher
#10 Print Post
Posted on 16-03-2012 07:09
Home From Home

Pondlife wrote:
Firstly I would like to point out to you that a forum is a medium for airing one's opinions. If you don't like that,I would suggest that you don't come on the site. You obviously don't share my concerns and I respect your views. Notwithstanding that, I believe that the sooner Riley's sponsorship is terminated,the better it will be for the significant majority of the league. Why should all the other home venues be penalised for the benefit of Rileys ? We are a pub league and pool is a pub game ! Having lost Purley Way.all other Rileys should be banned from hosting teams ! IMO

Someones changed their tune ain't they !
We recall you being in favour of Rileys at a meeting and to keeping certain individuals out.
Now you're in favour of the pubs and probably because you've moved back to yours. There's a word for this.
How will we keep these individuals who you voted against out of the league and from entering the KO comps and very probably dominating it. Or would you suggest that we vote/ban them out of the league altogether because it suits now !
Although overcrowded, ( and this will diminish as the comps progress ) Frith road is a nice venue and much easier to access from where we are than Purley way ever was.
We had a wonderful time there on Monday and so did our home team opponents and none of us had a moan about anything apart from having to wait at the bar.
Out Fishing and LFrownFrownKING for a bite !! www.croydonpool.com/images/smiley/bite.gif

Rambo
#11 Print Post
Posted on 16-03-2012 18:11
Home From Home

Please...

Do carry on.

EmDee
#12 Print Post
Posted on 17-03-2012 02:50

Home From Home

Pondlife wrote:a forum is a medium for airing one's opinions

Don't tempt me...

Rileys provide 16 decent supreme tables, pints for ?2.50, Sky sports, food, subsidised parking and you're complaining because it's busy? Of course it's f***ing busy!

http://www.joincrash.com
Special K
#13 Print Post
Posted on 17-03-2012 19:21
Must Get Out More

I kinda agree with wot u say the tables are superb sky sports cheap for a beer i was there monday and tuesday enjoyed my self great place but..... On tues it was not as packed and people are all playing next to each other i was bumping into people on my shots having to wait about coz other people are on there shots...... Ots konda off putting all i wud suggest is leave a gap in between tables on match nights! If its real busy then obviously u cant but there is 16 blinding tables! So no excuse!!! Sort this then frith road for me will be the place to be!!! idea
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Steve Petty
Steve Petty
2005 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing