oddball242 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC263 weeks
cazza268 weeks
andye268 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Interleague
 Print Thread
Div 1 week 13
Special K
#1 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 04:57
Must Get Out More

1 nil down 3-8 the better halfs

Nice bunch feel kind of sorry for these guys as they struggling for a team! Very nice gesture from there captain buying our whole team a drink as they had no food.

Best of luck for the rest of the season guys handshake
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Pondlife
#2 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 05:14

Must Get Out More

Rileys Eden 7 Pond Wheatsheaf 4

Very enjoyable match played in a good spirit in the Frith Road sauna.(The air-conditioning has broken down). We didn't get the run of the ball,which just about sums up our whole season thus far.Gave the oysterless Bunter a lift home to show him that there were no hard feelings Good luck to the Eden for the remainder of the season. applause

No1 Nugget
#3 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 05:18
Must Get Out More

Special K wrote:
1 nil down 3-8 the better halfs

Nice bunch feel kind of sorry for these guys as they struggling for a team! Very nice gesture from there captain buying our whole team a drink as they had no food.

Best of luck for the rest of the season guys handshake

well done mate keep going the title still there, did rambo ******* up AGAIN or was it mr grinch this time i did tell you they are the weakest links loooool only messing guys dont take it to seriously good luck next week
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

Special K
#4 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 05:21
Must Get Out More

Actually the grinch was our best player tonight by far cued beautiful and Rambo played really well I won't discuss who lost has we are a team n the result is what we put first.
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

No1 Nugget
#5 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 05:35
Must Get Out More

Special K wrote:
Actually the grinch was our best player tonight by far cued beautiful and Rambo played really well I won't discuss who lost has we are a team n the result is what we put first.

ok no worries matethumbsorry steve well played, dan i understand, so my moneys on you againwall you struggling a bit this year, really suprised as you was on form when i last see you but hey we all been there, apart from me obviously LOOOL
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

jacko
#6 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 06:47
Must Get Out More

Forum 6.5prop 4.1 up 5.2 up n god only knows how we managed to lose the match....1 ov the worse tables Iv ever played on slow slow n terrible rolls,a disgrace to div1 pool...there wer a couple ov decent frames but every other frame the standard woz dire simply bcos no 1 could move the white around properly...if we won 7.4 we would not ov been best pleased so to lose woz a poor reflection on the nite...forum boys fought ard for there win but they must b as bewildered as us about the result...next week is our last chance to giv ourselves a chance n need to up it for the rest ov the season or wer doomed butter wouldn't melt ...

A King Disher
#7 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 07:56
Home From Home

Ohhh my dayz, he will continously moan won't he.
Will we ever find a perfect table in this league.
Get used to the fact that we are gradually moving back to where we began. Pubs and clubs !
We played on a brand new table tonight which had been freshly delivered and left standing in the corner of the room with no jack. The 1nil down boys moved it to it's spot and tried to level it as best they could. It had rolls all over the place and no lighting and they were highly apologetic.
We all played the match in good spirit, harmony and fun.
I guess this won't meet with your standards, will it.
Maybe you should be the one to come up with a solution on how to find and play on the perfect table lol.
Like Croydon for instance. Free pool and no air con.
Oh what a disaster !
I rememeber your much hated S E London teams suffering free pool and no heating last winter and you loving it. Winter is soon upon us again mate. Where will you be.
You could always come as a visitor to S E London ! We have quality tables, air con, heating and food !
I think we're set for the winter ahead . Are you ?
And we have Greggs in the manor aswell who have more ROLLS than anyone else so you could always go and ask them how they make them. What more could you wish for !

Rambo
#8 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 08:08
Home From Home

Special K wrote:

I agree with that, It doesn't matter who loses as long we aim for the high 7's and 8's in our next couple of fixtures for a chance to win the league.

Well played to S.K and that guy in the other team who beat us.

Blockapocket
#9 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 14:30
Home From Home

Forum 6 prop 5
Missed chances allowed the prop a good lead of 4-1
but as we all know its a game of two halfs

As a team we dug in, and didnt cave in, the forum keeped chipping away at there lead forcing the 11th frame play off, To nick the WIN. Taking 5- of the remaining 6 frames a great come back..

the table was slow, and the rolls were shocking
but sweats had no probs withs the sandwiches.

jacko
#10 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 14:41
Must Get Out More

Continuously moan? Im putting on here wat every1 woz saying...I played a solid game on it but watched many other reduced to choppers...if nothing is said then poor standards r excepted n poor behaviour...I only say stuff on here coz I want Croydon pool to b a classy league with grace,sportsmanship decent venues...i agree that it's a pub game n ur get ropey old tables but fck me is it asking to much to brush n maybe iron the table try n level it a bit n Ava clean set ov pool balls...I can fudge all day so a pile ov sht table don't ruin my game but watching every 1 struggle is painful..match took over 3hours n no1 enjoyed playing on that table...if people wana host pool matches they should supply a half decent venue with the basics...choppers luv a sht table it givs them a better chance ...butter wouldn't melt ...

Kermy
#11 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 16:07
Home From Home

Well said mate. Was an awful table to play on,and a disappointing result after bein 4-1 up. But that said its always an enjoyable night with the forum boys and a few laughs along the way.

Whatapisstake
#12 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 16:52

Must Get Out More

I think it's a fair statement Jacko !!! I remember going down to the betterhalfs in Sydenham and playing on a table ripped to bits unbrushed not ironed and with tea towels in the pockets ....
Now am sure with the money birdy saved he could of recovered the table and maybe just maybe the pub would of still of been open worship
am not sticking my acheivements down the list is too long lmao surrender

Special K
#13 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 18:35
Must Get Out More

waters wrote:
I think it's a fair statement Jacko !!! I remember going down to the betterhalfs in Sydenham and playing on a table ripped to bits unbrushed not ironed and with tea towels in the pockets ....
Now am sure with the money birdy saved he could of recovered the table and maybe just maybe the pub would of still of been open worship

Your a right wind up merchant Andy you love it don't u to be honest I give you that was pretty funny applause n I mean that but playing mind games with birdy is silly coz he will always have the last laugh honest..... N drop bunter out he is alright to be honest as I under stand his oyster got half inched and he nearly had to do community service coz of it now that's a liberty. Maybe bunter dropped It or quite simply miss placed it but his 16 things happen. He gave u a message and I fink that he is right why not let it come down to the pool table play him for reddies your chance to proper silence him for good..... Or is bunter right are u to afraid...... confused

handbrake
#14 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 19:27
Home From Home

do I have this right , if it's a good table it's to easy for crap players to clear up , but if it's a *******table its also better for crap players ??? make your mind up Tony , what do u want a good table u can move White ball around , or a *******one , u are saying either way lesser players have a advantage how is this possible ???

jacko
#15 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 20:58
Must Get Out More

think about it mark its pretty obvious its all about extremes,so yea a good fast table with 9ball pockets is best for potters n can exaggerate there dishin abilities whilst a dead bent table can stop the better player from winning rather than good play from his opponant...i can adapt better than most to different tables(hench my singles record) but standing on the sidelines watching luck determine the outcome aint no fun n it aint y we play(fast table=spin ov the coin for break n a lucky break wins a lot ov frames n ona dead table its who falls over near the end as each frame ona dead table keeps ebbing n flowing n u cant predict the outcome) .....is that clear enuf for u mark or shall i get me crayons n draw u a picture....butter wouldn't melt ...

Pondlife
#16 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 21:46

Must Get Out More

In an effort to temporarily take our minds off the most terrible tables in the league,here is this week's table :

Bloodmasters 92
Propeller 92
Forum 88
Eden 87
Better Halfs 86
Pawleyne 76
Pond 72
Rack Pack 65
INilDown 57

Whatapisstake
#17 Print Post
Posted on 15-08-2012 23:08

Must Get Out More

Kellogg's like u am merely pointing out how crap and shocking your home venue table was !!! And that Steve saving his pounds could of got the table recovered surrender

As for billy the fish fishing for a bite
It's all about the wonga and the right place bored
Edited by Whatapisstake on 15-08-2012 23:10

Special K
#18 Print Post
Posted on 16-08-2012 05:58
Must Get Out More

waters wrote:
Kellogg's like u am merely pointing out how crap and shocking your home venue table was !!! And that Steve saving his pounds could of got the table recovered surrender

As for billy the fish fishing for a bite
It's all about the wonga and the right place bored

Mate your table is dog *******bent as ******* so don't no why ur even saying bout tables I played Hersey in the singles it was hard work need to straighten your table then talk about decent tables in your pub u cue low one end n high the other......... mouthshut

BUNTER
#19 Print Post
Posted on 16-08-2012 08:52
Quite The Regular

Played hersey in the singles? Take it you didn't get in till 2 in the morning then? Must of been a long walk home,fuc* that. I would of stayed at the pub the night dan, besides u might of enjoyed it................. Don't bite mate not got a rod big enough..................lool
Edited by BUNTER on 16-08-2012 09:16
NAMES WIN FRAMES

Whatapisstake
#20 Print Post
Posted on 16-08-2012 15:58

Must Get Out More

fishing for a bite Danny Danny blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blah
Lewisham has quite a size lake look I caught myself a little packet of Kellogg's

Now did you want me to come on here and clap my hands for them 2 dry bone break dishes you made against John and that you beat him to progress in the singles !!!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Hotshots
Hotshots
Hotshots at the CofC 2007
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing