oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
League Cup Group 4 - Week 6
Welshy
#1 Print Post
Posted on 12-12-2012 14:14
Home From Home

View to A Kill 2 - 7 Beechtree Boshers

A wins a win and I suppose that's the main thing for us Grin If anyones wondering how the scoreline reflects only 9 games, well the home team only had 3 players and we managed to scrape 4 last night due to a series of unavailabilities.

Of the 7 games played we managed to take 5 of them, and that was fortunate, 3 of our wins were on the black as I recall so we'll take a win whichever way it comes, and blimey was it cold in the View last night, well the pool room was anyways. Game was done by 9.20 (at which time driving home, it was -2)

Top bunch of lads the View, Good luck to our hosts for the remainder of the season and we'll catch you in 2013 in the league handshake
Fortune Favours the Brave...tumbleweed

Pondlife
#2 Print Post
Posted on 12-12-2012 16:24

Must Get Out More

Pond Wheatsheaf 7 Frames Rack Pack 4

Generally speaking,it was a match played in a good spirit throughout apart from my unsporting response to MHM's in off after he had potted the black ball. I am sorry for any offence that my behaviour might have caused. I think that I was trying to get Arsenal going,but that didn't work either. The Rack Pack are a really nice bunch of lads. They had at least ten players. I think that only one played twice. I don't know why they don't form a B team. Looking forward to meeting them again in the League next week which, I understand is to be played on a far superior table. I wonder if the result might be different. Good Luck to our opponents for the remainder of the season. Starting after Christmas,if that's alright !! applause

Triple C
#3 Print Post
Posted on 12-12-2012 16:52

Home From Home

Pondlife wrote:
Pond Wheatsheaf 7 Frames Rack Pack 4

Generally speaking,it was a match played in a good spirit throughout apart from my unsporting response to MHM's in off after he had potted the black ball. I am sorry for any offence that my behaviour might have caused. I think that I was trying to get Arsenal going,but that didn't work either. The Rack Pack are a really nice bunch of lads. They had at least ten players. I think that only one played twice. I don't know why they don't form a B team. Looking forward to meeting them again in the League next week which, I understand is to be played on a far superior table. I wonder if the result might be different. Good Luck to our opponents for the remainder of the season. Starting after Christmas,if that's alright !! applause

A little disappointed in this result... We gave out more gifts than Santa! LOL

The Big Show
#4 Print Post
Posted on 12-12-2012 19:53
Quite The Regular

I think there were 2 types of fishes in the pond last night...

Sharks and Battered!!....

Well done guys, Next week for the reversal!!
Are you not entertained??

Pondlife
#5 Print Post
Posted on 12-12-2012 20:59

Must Get Out More

Table after week 6 matches:

Pond Wheatsheaf 41
FramesRackPack 41
Cuemasters 40
Unpredictables 39
Refugees 39
Beechtree 37
Paxton 26
View to a Kill 23
Penge Conquerors 22
Another View 20

GrantS
#6 Print Post
Posted on 13-12-2012 02:26
Quite The Regular

I take it you fielded a strong side last night Pat. Hmmm, that's a familiar phrase, perhaps Bradford should have been more accomodating and fielded a weakened team to make it a fair game.

Might go down the bookies and bet on who finishes higher in their leagues, the Pond or the Goners. Sorry, Gooners. But as long as Wenger believes, and Santa says 4th place will bring a trophy, then that's okay. Back in the real world...

Hang on, Arsenal are morphing into the Pond, a mid-table mob led by a bad loser Pensioner...Grin
Edited by GrantS on 13-12-2012 02:30

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Jordan Church
Jordan Church
24hr Charity Pool Marathon 2006
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing