View Thread
 Print Thread
Posting on the Website!
beardy
#1 Print Post
Posted on 29-01-2013 01:32
Quite The Regular

My opinion if you care.

Been playing in the croydon league for a few years now dont take it seriously like some just enjoy a beer and a game of pool.
I don't post on this site often but read the forums.
I have got to say its really sad to see the stuff people write nowadays. It's personal, foul mouthed and discredits the whole league. Banter is funny alot of it aint.
It's a real shame that most of it is from the teams higher in the league.

If you read some of the stuff written and was looking for a team you simply wouldn't bother. If the league is suffering with fewer and fewer teams this nonsense don't help.
If this continues I think player bans or points deductions should be considered.
Just my opinion.

Rambo
#2 Print Post
Posted on 29-01-2013 06:19
Home From Home

I agree, but it's banter. No biggie!

jacko
#3 Print Post
Posted on 29-01-2013 07:13
Must Get Out More

totally agree beardy butter wouldn't melt ...

Rambo
#4 Print Post
Posted on 29-01-2013 08:16
Home From Home

No hard feelings jacko ?

jacko
#5 Print Post
Posted on 29-01-2013 08:44
Must Get Out More

no woris m8 butter wouldn't melt ...

Views
#6 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2013 22:11
Getting The Hang Of It

Beardy - who ever you are?
Your opinion is not welcome, as I thought this site was all about having a go at someone who you had never met while being able to hide behind obscurity? Am I somehow mistaken?

Whatapisstake
#7 Print Post
Posted on 27-02-2013 01:58

Must Get Out More

This website is lost without banter and it would be completely boring if it did !!
am not sticking my acheivements down the list is too long lmao surrender

Statto
#8 Print Post
Posted on 27-02-2013 07:54

Home From Home

Views....don't know who you are (as you intend), but is it not a little cowardly to have a pop at people from a computer screen, rather than say it face to face?

Granted, there is amusement in trying to work out who people are, but to use that anonimity to slag people off is not where the spirit of the website is intended....we all play pool, we all go out to win, and we all get a little upset occasionally if we lose. There is nothing I post on this website that I would not say face to face. It only takes a bit of time for people to work out who you are, and once they do, your anonimity is gone.

Be nice...it makes other people's day, and when they post nice things about you, you feel good too...win/win!!!!
Edited by Statto on 27-02-2013 07:58

Sass
#9 Print Post
Posted on 27-02-2013 17:10

FORUM ADDICT!

Views wrote:
Your opinion is not welcome, as I thought this site was all about having a go at someone who you had never met while being able to hide behind obscurity? Am I somehow mistaken?

Statto wrote:
Views....don't know who you are (as you intend), but is it not a little cowardly to have a pop at people from a computer screen, rather than say it face to face?

One thing that strikes me is that I read Views post and took it to be totally tongue in cheek and quite amusing. Statto has read it and appears to have taken it literally. Whenever we read something we always have to guess to some extent at the writers intention - I don't know for a fact that Statto isn't being sarcastic and Views deadly serious.

www.croydonpool.com
Special K
#10 Print Post
Posted on 27-02-2013 21:49
Must Get Out More

Sass wrote:
Views wrote:

Statto wrote:

One thing that strikes me is that I read Views post and took it to be totally tongue in cheek and quite amusing. Statto has read it and appears to have taken it literally. Whenever we read something we always have to guess to some extent at the writers intention - I don't know for a fact that Statto isn't being sarcastic and Views deadly serious.

Bang on!!! Cud not agree more
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Big Ben Ten
#11 Print Post
Posted on 27-02-2013 22:27

Home From Home

Statto wrote:

Granted, there is amusement in trying to work out who people are, but to use that anonimity to slag people off is not where the spirit of the website is intended....we all play pool, we all go out to win, and we all get a little upset occasionally if we lose. There is nothing I post on this website that I would not say face to face. It only takes a bit of time for people to work out who you are, and once they do, your anonimity is gone.

Be nice...it makes other people's day, and when they post nice things about you, you feel good too...win/win!!!!

Very clever Jason.....AKA.....Views....applause
LangleySports

ben_jamin_is@hotmail.com
Views
#12 Print Post
Posted on 06-03-2013 20:23
Getting The Hang Of It

As I appear to have created quite a kerfuffle which was my intention - thanx Sass - I am on the same team as Beardy..... Hence the name Views - from the View. Good night and thanx for coming I am hear all week.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Kyle Pickett
Kyle Pickett
Croydon Interleague (Current)
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing