oddball243 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
KO CUP QUARTERS
Brooker
#21 Print Post
Posted on 17-07-2013 01:39
Home From Home

I have just read Danny's post & i was totally shocked.

Shaggy working late !!!!!!!!!!!!
I would rather be playing golf

Special K
#22 Print Post
Posted on 17-07-2013 04:53
Must Get Out More

Who's gfizz surely it ain't u grant Westbrook I saw ur first frame u got as much fizz as a flat bottle of coke......

The matter of facts are YOUR captain agreed with me on the phone to a late start!!!!! As I had a couple of convo's with him! Fact! So to start claiming frames is shocking!
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

gfizz
#23 Print Post
Posted on 17-07-2013 06:07

Quite The Regular

Did i not win that one then and what about the second frame then Dan when your arse got handed to you I'd say that was a magnum of champers going off more fizz than you could handle and by the way we had a discussion tonight at our game and everyone wants to wish you good luck in next years event cos your out of this one.

You go on about the so called phone call but our secretary never said you could turn up when you liked,would you like to phone him again and discuss next weeks game now to let him know if you can field a team as it gives us plenty of notice to claim a walkover win in your absence LOL
Edited by gfizz on 17-07-2013 06:10
blue is the colour pool is the game!!!!!!

Special K
#24 Print Post
Posted on 17-07-2013 06:20
Must Get Out More

I think it was the 3rd game u won as I was on 2/2 until u got lucky u tried a cut missed it by 100 years left me nothing u got lucky! More fizz than I can handle? Money game??
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

gfizz
#25 Print Post
Posted on 17-07-2013 06:53

Quite The Regular

Don't make me laugh does everything with u revolve around money,I'm not Neil lol and have you forgotten the last time we played in same team and what happened with u and Stacy over money who had to leave the team....

Just to piss on your parade further I got 3/3 last night with that win over you so thanks for that!!!!
Edited by gfizz on 17-07-2013 06:56

Special K
#26 Print Post
Posted on 17-07-2013 07:10
Must Get Out More

U make me laugh its ok we all no It wud be no contest between me n u and for the record your first frame was the worst game I ever saw! Millie had 4 shots on the black u missed 100 balls went in off with the black over the pocket mills had 2 shots still missed the blk..... U celebrate that well done class! Plz don't speak to me ever in your life coz I have nothing to say to u mr fizz looks like u need to stay of the fizz.......

gfizz
#27 Print Post
Posted on 17-07-2013 14:38

Quite The Regular

Dan Dan Dan if you can't take banter as u call it don't give it out,it's alright to fishing for a bite when its in your favour but when it's against you Cry like a bitch.dont worrie your pretty little head cos your not worth the time of day....

I hope this put an End to the matter but I fear not lmfao

Whatapisstake
#28 Print Post
Posted on 18-07-2013 03:04

Must Get Out More

i thought steve bird was the wetter halfs sec ... so get me wrong wasnt it down to steve to ring up to either say they couldnt field a team or let the alma refugees no they were going to be there by 9.05 .... bottom line is kellogs is a poor loser
am not sticking my acheivements down the list is too long lmao surrender

Shaggy
#29 Print Post
Posted on 18-07-2013 05:41
Must Get Out More

I think danny has already said that Steve was in hospital all day. Not sure his mind was on the job. Sack him as secretary.

Retired - Ill Health.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special K
#30 Print Post
Posted on 18-07-2013 06:21
Must Get Out More

Lol shaggy. And that's exactly why I say Peter dewsbury is a complete gentleman! Such a fair bloke respect pete!

And waters I ain't biting to u no more mate just my 50 wen I see u next if u Eva manage to leave mk! And we'll done for bottling it against Knocky for dough so laughable u really are. Nite San!

nuttmeg
#31 Print Post
Posted on 19-07-2013 17:16
Home From Home

Brooker wrote:
I have just read Danny's post & i was totally shocked.

Shaggy working late !!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris, you are very funny as well as being the nicest man in the league.

Brooker
#32 Print Post
Posted on 19-07-2013 18:04
Home From Home

Surely you mean second nicest man in the league, unless you have retired Mr Nuttman.
I would rather be playing golf

The Big Show
#33 Print Post
Posted on 20-07-2013 15:24
Quite The Regular

Now.....

Gentleman....Noun
A chivalrous, courteous, or honourable man.
A man of good social position, esp. one of wealth and leisure.

Wealth aside, nearly ALL of the associated members/players (including the girls) are the above, and in turn, the Croydon League reflects this no?

Week after week, we play with a group of friends against (ironically) another group of friends, who in fact are/become associates/friends in our social circle.. BUT not ALL the time can everyone get on..

There's no secret that in the past I myself am no fan, nor a friend of any standing of the better halfs, however, this time I feel I need to say something on their behalf. (Sorry Wayne/Peter)

If you were playing the Rack Pack that night, and knowing a few were going to be quite late, I would have expected those that had made it "on time" would have played the first couple frames, this in turn giving the "late" guys the few extra minutes to arrive.. (maybe I would have considered the 15 min rule from the conclusion of the last frame but I doubt it)

Needless to say that in this instance and from what I'm reading the above didn't happen?

Poor sportsmanship it seems. Or an interpretation of the rules regarding late/fielded teams.. I know Rules are in place in the first instance as guidance in the game and league we represent, BUT the frames could have been claimed in the event that the late players failed to show.. (common sense)

I think maybe that the advantage of claiming the 2 frames against a weakened side can only be a "to-good-to-be-true" opportunity and the Better Halfs should feel a little proud of themselves that a team would do that against them to gain distinct advantage..

Claim the Higher ground

I thought this was a gentleman's league, (no offence to the ladies, as a mere definition of being refined and of a greater level.) Disappointed in a few decisions that people make..

However, what's done is done, I just hope that this decision hasnt made a rod for the backs of the Refugees.. (dont be late!)

P A T C H !
Are you not entertained??

The Big Show
#34 Print Post
Posted on 21-07-2013 02:39
Quite The Regular

peter@refugees wrote:
Well Mark theres a floor in your statement in that you need 3 players to start a match not 2.Unfortunately only Danny and Ste K were present.Its funny how Ste Joel and Milly were accepting and you are not?Like i said i was not involved in that decision...

Emotional dont even go there.

BUT... You knew they were coming
Are you not entertained??

Special K
#35 Print Post
Posted on 21-07-2013 06:15
Must Get Out More

Nice 1 mark thank you glad people r seeing that we got done a wrongen!

And your rite we are proud with a weak team they still had to claim frames they gloat but the way I see it 6-6 done well to get to 6 as we had Steve who is a unwell man who can barely hold a cue but Tuesday will show what would of happend if they played our proper team.

Poor sportsmanship I totally agree!

Shocking!

Whatapisstake
#36 Print Post
Posted on 21-07-2013 15:07

Must Get Out More

Special K wrote:
Lol shaggy. And that's exactly why I say Peter dewsbury is a complete gentleman! Such a fair bloke respect pete!

And waters I ain't biting to u no more mate just my 50 wen I see u next if u Eva manage to leave mk! And we'll done for bottling it against Knocky for dough so laughable u really are. Nite San!

Think you need to get your facts in order school boy ...
Knocky cancelled on me as he was going on holiday and up to now
Am still waiting on my phone call ...

How about I give u a actual time ill be turning up Tuesday will that help you as I've spoke to Wayne about playing number 5 ill be there by 1am that good enough for you Kellogg's .. All u ever do is moan yet jacko called you off putting cheats ..... Well
Edited by Whatapisstake on 21-07-2013 15:07

Special K
#37 Print Post
Posted on 21-07-2013 18:30
Must Get Out More

Hello wash and go. 1am is fine by me we will wait won't claim the game coz we got style class and morals! Bring my 50 or don't you earn that much in mk

Whatapisstake
#38 Print Post
Posted on 22-07-2013 05:55

Must Get Out More

Kellogg's the only thing i owe u ... Is teaching you a lesson in pool ! Shock

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Gary Swettenham
Gary Swettenham
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing