oddball242 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC263 weeks
cazza268 weeks
andye268 weeks
jacko268 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
Sportsmanship
jacko
#21 Print Post
Posted on 03-08-2013 03:33
Must Get Out More

god bless u steve im feeling the luv m8....like I said before wen I woz barred I tried to wing it n try n talk people into playing elsewhere,then eventually sum1 is gona say no,i must admit at bein a bit peed off at the time but then I cum to realise I should not b tryin to wing it in the first place n so I stopped entering singles n doubles as its unfair on the people I beat on route to then avin to forfeit...its also very unfair any ov u should dig martin out wen this is clearly rods doing,he apparently said he did not want all this chitter chatty but its his own fault n im pretty damn sure martin does not appreciate bein put in this situation...the right thing is to not enter singles n doubles until ur bar is lifted n then wen it is win the rankings ina fck u way to prove a point...butter wouldn't melt ...

Bink286
#22 Print Post
Posted on 07-08-2013 06:46
Getting The Hang Of It

EmDee wrote:
Well I suppose I'm gonna let myself get drawn into this debate in order to defend myself.

First of all, it's not actually got anything to do with you at all Danny, but if you are going to post a bunch of gossip and crap about my match, let's make sure you at least get the facts straight.

This was not a decision I took lightly. It was very difficult and put me under a lot of pressure. This is not a situation i should have been put in.

Special K wrote:
Tony maybe u didn't read my post properly HE SAID HE WOULD postpone it and play else were saw the messages mate so how come the sudden change of mind now rod is out its a liberty lets face it

^ This is not even true. Don't tell me what I said. My exact words were "Let me see if I can find a venue I'm happy with."

Secondly, I get a voicemail from Mark Halsey saying that I had postponed the game because I couldn't make it!!! Apparently I was on holiday? Well I wish I was, but no I was in Croydon waiting to play my singles. I got back from my holiday on Saturday night. Where has this come from?

I postponed the game on Monday simply because I was looking for a neutral venue that has a flat table with bouncy cushions.

I know my home table intimately - that's my home advantage. Why should I have to sacrifice that just because someone else has got themselves barred from the main venue in the league?

So during my week of deliberating, I went to Frames because it was the only place I could think of - and the table I played on might as well have had a big clown's face and a windmill on it. If I played him there I would have needed to bring a caddy. Quite frankly it's a joke that there is no venue out there that has decent tables. I used to play out of all sorts of little pubs with nice tables and now they're all gone.

Anyway, I wanted to speak to Rod about it man to man because I just wanted to let him know my point of view and have a chat. So I got his number from my secretary and called him up. I called him Thursday morning, Friday evening and again this last Tuesday and he didn't answer.

All week I've had people with absolutely nothing to do with the game coming up to me and chatting to me about it, telling me their opinions. For the record, more people said I should claim it than play it, which is interesting considering how many have said that on here.

I was going to play it. I had every intention of doing so, but after a week of drama and still no venue I felt comfortable in, I decided that it was my right to claim it. Many other players would have.

Imagine playing somewhere awful, losing because of the table and then the guy in the next round claims it over him!

I don't care whether you think I was right or wrong in all honesty. The fact of the matter is that the mind games and venue selection all put pressure on me that should not be there. I want to play Rod on my table, that's what was on the draw and that's all I'm asking for. If the Gun was round the corner and Steve Smith had a nice flat table in there then I'd be all over it. Same goes for the Eagle and numerous other places, but they're all gone.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but that's my point of view. Take it or leave it.

Gentlemen, start your keyboards.

If you can't beat someone without a perfect table, you shouldn't be playing pool.

jacko
#23 Print Post
Posted on 07-08-2013 18:15
Must Get Out More

Think ur missing the point a tad bink,home advantage isa massive thing as most guys no there own table inside out so r aware ov little rolls ,dead cushions n easy pockets...many many times during a tuesday nite ur c guys normally from the away side play awful shots because a ball as drifted which they weren't expecting...a good player must play the table as much if not more than the opponent. ..butter wouldn't melt ...

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Nigel Bird
Nigel Bird
Charity Challenge Match 2005
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing