oddball241 weeks
Knocky246 weeks
Teach249 weeks
FoxC262 weeks
cazza267 weeks
andye267 weeks
jacko267 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
Individual Knockout Finals
Sass
#21 Print Post
Posted on 17-10-2007 21:29

FORUM ADDICT!

Of course I was aware the final had been brought forward a week as I requested it.

It had been postponed a week from its original date and as a result I couldn't make it and you agreed to the change.

I fail to see the relevance to why your semi wasn't played at the Farley. If you couldn't get the semi played in time after agreeing to the change to the final one or both of you should have let the league know. I'm not in the business of claiming games any more than you are and I would have agreed to whatever extension was necessary.

The fact remains that the replaying the semi is a complete waste of time given the fact that the result is a foregone conclusion.

The tone of some of your posts in this thread indicates that you're pissed off with me about something. If there's something you want to discuss give me a call.

www.croydonpool.com
Golden
#22 Print Post
Posted on 17-10-2007 21:57

FORUM ADDICT!

This thread is a prime example of why women should not be allowed to play pool . .

Lils
#23 Print Post
Posted on 17-10-2007 22:34

Must Get Out More

Not pissed off with you about anything. Not sure why you removed your original post, but no problem here.

The relevance as to why the Semi wasn't played at the Farley is simple. We were advised by Mark Halsey that we had until the 24th to play the match so we were going to play it on Monday 22nd. Then the Final was brought forward to the 17th, so Stacey informed me the only possible evening she could do it before then were Wednesday 10th, so I agreed.

The 10th was the evening of the KO Cup final at the aforementioned venue, therefore we were unable to play it there then. So we had 2 choices.

1) Play it at another venue (which meant it wasn't played at the Farley)

or 2) I claimed the match (which meant it wasn't played at the Farley).

I would be more than grateful to hear from anyone how this was EVER going to be played at the current sponsors venue of choice, considering the options we had. Which is why the replay is such a ridiculous idea.

But hey - I'll always do what the C&DPL Committee tell me to do - after all, I don't run Croydon Pool and I doubt I ever will . . . Smile
Edited by Lils on 17-10-2007 22:35

Sass
#24 Print Post
Posted on 17-10-2007 22:45

FORUM ADDICT!

I removed the post because I didn't think it came across in the spirit in which it was intended and rewrote it.

www.croydonpool.com
Lils
#25 Print Post
Posted on 17-10-2007 22:50

Must Get Out More

Fair enough. It was never a dig at you, but people are so quick to assume so much. No, I would rather not play ANY games at the Farley because the tables are not good in my opinion. That's no secret as a lot of people who have played there say the same. But as a C&DPL Committee member, I know that the competition sponsor chooses where they want the Semis and Final held, so wouldn't have NOT played it there if it could have been helped.

I just find that considering the circumstances, being asked to play the Semi-Final AGAIN is laughable! I could have just claimed it and no-one could have complained! But I'd rather play than be given games.

If Stacey can't make the 7th as she says, I won't be agreeing to rearrange another game. Ever. laughing

Coneycueist
#26 Print Post
Posted on 18-10-2007 01:42

Home From Home

Hmm. I can see this is a complex, intellectually charged debate Ladies. I've thought long and 'hard' about it and there only seems one fair, mutually agreeable way to solve it...

www.ripboard.com/photos/Gauley_Fest/images/Gauley_Fest_mud_wrestling1.jpg
The Coney: The Home of Bread and Butter pool since 1999

Statto
#27 Print Post
Posted on 18-10-2007 02:12

Home From Home

Those two are playing with each other, not playing to win. shag

Perhaps this should be done in the Summer League....big grin

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Dino and Steve
Dino and Steve
2005 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing