jacko262 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
Competition Idea - Thoughts please!!
Sass
#1 Print Post
Posted on 21-11-2016 22:13

FORUM ADDICT!

I've been toying with an idea for a while to have a competition open to Croydon League players only to be held early next year and I'd appreciate some feedback.

The basic details are as follows:-

To be played at Frames on a Saturday (or Sunday subject to finding a free date).

Early rounds best of 7 frames. Quarter finals onwards best of 9.

Straight knockout format. Potential for a plate competition for first and second round losers.

Handicapping to apply - Div 1 players to start on minus 1. Div 2 players to start on levels. Div 3 players to start on plus 1. (Whilst this isn't a perfect method it is easy to apply and takes the subjectivity out of it).

Entry fee to be a minimum of £10 - it's not so much about lining players pockets but having a get together of players from across the divisions. All entry money to be paid out as prize money.

Subject to there being room available we could some have some side events such as a redrawn scotch doubles, killer, 14 to 1 or even a poker table.

Please feel free to let me know what you think. This is very much a work in progress but I'd like to have some semblance of a plan before approaching Frames (who I do appreciate may read this!).

www.croydonpool.com
jacko
#2 Print Post
Posted on 22-11-2016 05:38
Must Get Out More

Even thou i don't play much and i doubt i would enter i believe this is a great idea, as long as all the secretary's are told about it and get there players involved it should be great fun...butter wouldn't melt ...

andye
#3 Print Post
Posted on 22-11-2016 19:07

Home From Home

i think it's a good idea... would rather do that then the singles and the stupid best of 3's
they've done this in the past for each division and it was a good comp

offer ranking points and you'll get more runners

i'm not a fan of plate comps myself, i'd rather it be double elimination

what would be good was if it was on the same day as the presentation night (and have that at frames too)
Edited by andye on 22-11-2016 19:10

Sass
#4 Print Post
Posted on 22-11-2016 20:45

FORUM ADDICT!

Lots to think about there. I like a double elimination event but I always thought I was in the minority so never suggested it.

I'd need to check the constitution but I imagine the ranking points idea would need league approval via an AGM proposal but it is something to think about doing - maybe just not in time for this comp.

I like the presentation night idea, however the league membership voted for SCCC as the venue but we could certainly look to tie it in with the Summer League presentation next time (althought it would mean limiting the entries to ensure the comp finished before the presentation starts).

www.croydonpool.com
andye
#5 Print Post
Posted on 06-12-2016 19:54

Home From Home

morray did a good comp in redhill a couple of weeks ago...

round robin groups to start, top 2 going into a winners comp bottom 2 going into a plate comp

was good value and a nice lot of table time for your money

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Andy Esgrove
Andy Esgrove
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing