oddball240 weeks
Knocky244 weeks
Teach248 weeks
FoxC261 weeks
cazza266 weeks
andye266 weeks
jacko266 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Divisional Singles KO Draw
Pondlife
#61 Print Post
Posted on 15-04-2008 16:33

Must Get Out More

I can't see too many from the Legion turning up on Saturday.They struggle to get a full team on a Tuesday. Besides that,there's sniper training at the Territorial Army in Croydon which starts at the same time. As most of them are on standby,I think that TA attendance would be compulsory. laughing laughing

ThePower
#62 Print Post
Posted on 15-04-2008 17:17

Must Get Out More

Golden wrote:
I agree . . It was let down massively and there were teams in Division One who didn't have a solitary representative there on Saturday . .

If you want players there, you'll get them no problem but the organisation, timing and advertising of the event fell short. I believe the event has a future and we should be able to get 64 runners from Div 1, but only if its worked out and not just stuck under our noses.

26 players from the 1st division, 85% no doubt of which were the regular faces at tournaments. Its an appalling turn out for a Div 1 event, its barely 25% of the 1st division population.

Golden
#63 Print Post
Posted on 15-04-2008 19:01

FORUM ADDICT!

It was no secret that the timing wasn't ideal . . If anything it was a good indication of what needs to be done to make future events more successful . .

Brooker
#64 Print Post
Posted on 15-04-2008 19:16
Home From Home

I think only Steve Deegan from the Legion will be going to the 2nd div matches & possibly Clive Taylor.

I have other commitments, Saturday/Sunday is no good for me as i have Kids & my wife works at the weekend.

Otherwise i like the idea, especially best of 9 frame matches, its not often we get to play singles over that distance in the league.
I would rather be playing golf

Viper
#65 Print Post
Posted on 15-04-2008 22:38
Must Get Out More

ThePower wrote:
Golden wrote:
I agree . . It was let down massively and there were teams in Division One who didn't have a solitary representative there on Saturday . .

If you want players there, you'll get them no problem but the organisation, timing and advertising of the event fell short. I believe the event has a future and we should be able to get 64 runners from Div 1, but only if its worked out and not just stuck under our noses.

26 players from the 1st division, 85% no doubt of which were the regular faces at tournaments. Its an appalling turn out for a Div 1 event, its barely 25% of the 1st division population.
Alex, I appreciate that these comps were put together at short notice but considering I had no knowledge until approached by a National Manager from Rileys just previous to our Half-Season meeting with his idea's ... I did not exactly have a lot of time to get any form of feedback from the membership. I duly reported the comps at the meeting and to be honest with you mate its a fete in its own to have these comps being contested this season. The plus factor that I am getting out of this is that it is being talked about in a constructive manner and that can only be a benefit as to when it is discussed at the Winter AGM in September.
Edited by Viper on 15-04-2008 22:40

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Francois Tertullien
Francois Tertullien
Charity Challenge Match 2005
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing