jacko266 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
CSL III Decisions
Shaggy
#1 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 17:30
Must Get Out More

Given that the current league is over half way through, we have been starting to think about any changes that need to be made for the next league.

The most obvious ones are how to integrate a third Divsion with the new tables being promised at Suzy Cues, and in additon how to keep the format fresh, and meet the players demands.

All the players have been sent an email from Danny on a couple of proposals that we wish them to consider... which is as follows!

Good Morning Ladies (and Donna)

We're currently discussing the development of the Croydon Singles League in preparation for CSL III later this year and want to run a couple of ideas past you to hear your thoughts as this is your league and we're here to put together what you want out of it . .

At present we are looking to introduce a third division of 10 players into CSL III, bringing the total number of participants to 30. We already have a number of people who have registered an interest in joining the league so the chances of this happening are pretty high and as a result we now know the numbers we are working with.

As a result of this, we are looking to introduce an Individual KO Cup competition to CSL III to run in amongst the league competition. This will not only lengthen the season and provide more pool for your money, but will also provide a longer season to give the same effect as the Summer & Winter in the CDPL where there are two seasons per year of differing lenghts and competition structures, but with a resonable break in between each. The KO Cup will be handicapped to an extent where Premier Division players will start on -1 and Division Two players will start on +1.

So, here are the two options we are working with at the moment . .
Increasing the Winter Season Entry Fee from ?40 to ?50 with monetary prizes available for the KO Cup, and also for a Plate event for those that are knocked out in the 1st Round
OR
Keeping the Entry Fee at ?40 without monetary prizes and without a Plate event for the 1st Round losers but with some Rileys Bar Vouchers for Semi's, Runner Up and Winner (Although this hasn't been confirmed as yet we don't forsee a problem with this being obtained)
We are very concious of increasing the entry fee whilst the league is still in it's infancy so it's up to you, the league members, to let us know your thoughts on how you want your league to be run.

Whilst we have your attention, I can confirm that the current relegations/promotions will still take place between the current divisions as intended and all efforts will be made to ensure that the new division is of a fair standard in comparison to the rest of the field.

Finally, if you already know whether or not you're going to be entering the next CSL then please feel free to let us know so that we know exactly what we're working with.

Please feel free to comment on any or all of the above as the more information we have the better we can cater for your requirements.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Sean, Andy, Paul & Danny
www.CroydonSinglesLeague.co.uk

We are sticking it on here as well and would welcome any feedback or questions that can be dealt with prior to the League being structured finally.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke
#2 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 19:06

Home From Home

Finally, if you already know whether or not you're going to be entering the next CSL then please feel free to let us know so that we know exactly what we're working with.

.............................................................................................

As you already know, I will be a definate if spaces are available. bouncing

Golden
#3 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 19:10

FORUM ADDICT!

Thank you Luke . . There will be a minimum of 10 extra spaces so you'll be fine . . Good to have you involved . .

the-shark
#4 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 19:28

Home From Home

any ideas as to when the next singles league would be starting? would any new entries be automatically entered in the 3rd division ect. cheers

Shaggy
#5 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 19:44
Must Get Out More

The only status's that are 100% guaranteed are that the top 7 in the Prem will remain, the Bottom three from the Prem will be relegated to Div 1, and that the top 3 from Div one will be promoted.

The status's of new players will be dependant upon their standard as their is absolutely no point in putting a person in the bottom division if they will smash through it. Its fair to say if their isn't a lot between the standard of a new or exisitng Div 1 player, then the higher status shall be given to current unpromoted Div 1 players.

Once we get to three Divisons their is no current desire to increase this, and as such following the next season, a basic relegation and promotion system will apply in its entirity.

No firm date has been set, though I believe we are looking at a 19 week season, which includes cup games, plate games, break weeks and presentation evening.

In my opinion it would seem to make sense to start after the childrens school holidays, but as I said, until we decide on entry fees for the Winter Season, its difficult to be 100% on the league structure.

We are only intending to have a Summer and Winter Season, and there will be several weeks in between each. We are not intending to stick a third season in during any year.

Once we have had some feed back from current players, we will advertise the Costs and Payouts for all to look at.
Edited by Shaggy on 18-04-2008 19:54

Dogger
#6 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 19:46

Must Get Out More

if there's any spaces i'm interested.

Shaggy
#7 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 19:53
Must Get Out More

Danny is holding a list of all players that asked to go in last years but their was insufficient room, and any new players that are interested.

So Dogger, Danny will add you accordingly. We haven't actually asked for new players yet, but I admire your ingenuity.

hoydy
#8 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 20:38
Getting The Hang Of It

Danny its Lloyd. If there are still spaces can you put my name down aswell?

Lils
#9 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 21:40

Must Get Out More

You live in my pocket Hoydy.

Golden
#10 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 21:46

FORUM ADDICT!

No problemo Lloyd . . Shame your brother chose to lose his cue in a back of a cab or he could have played too laughing

JugglingSpence
#11 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 21:53

Home From Home

Thanks for your concern Danny. I've got it back now, well I know where it is at last! big grin

I would play but I've just signed for the Sutton SL and I think 3 nights of pool a week might be a bit much even for me.

Shaggy
#12 Print Post
Posted on 18-04-2008 22:01
Must Get Out More

SPPL. Schoolboy error.confusedevil laugh
Edited by Shaggy on 18-04-2008 22:01

Sass
#13 Print Post
Posted on 19-04-2008 06:23

FORUM ADDICT!

definitely

www.croydonpool.com
JugglingSpence
#14 Print Post
Posted on 19-04-2008 17:33

Home From Home

laughinglaughinglaughing

Does this mean when I walk into a venue from now on people will be nudging each other and saying 'That's him, that's the fella who signed up for the SPPL when there's a singles league in Croydon!'

'Turncoat'

In my defence, I live in Sutton so I wanted to play near to home for a change.

I hope I didn't offend any of the organisers of the CSL, I will come and play with you guys soon. thumb
Edited by JugglingSpence on 19-04-2008 17:34

mickeyp
#15 Print Post
Posted on 20-04-2008 14:04

Quite The Regular

Ola.

Could you add me to the list please, I fancy some of this...
hhmmmmm Nice Baps.......

Triple C
#16 Print Post
Posted on 20-04-2008 19:33

Home From Home

I regret to inform that Rocket would like to register his interest in joining the singles league... lol

Golden
#17 Print Post
Posted on 20-04-2008 20:30

FORUM ADDICT!

laughing We'll involve him in our advertising campaigns . . He's a crowd puller . .

OAPhead . . Will you be able to do this with your shocking work hours?

mickeyp
#18 Print Post
Posted on 20-04-2008 22:16

Quite The Regular

I wanna get involved but the thing is its im available for 2 weeks then off for the next 2 weeks, if thats against "The Rules" then sadly i'll have to be excluded.. sigh
hhmmmmm Nice Baps.......

andye
#19 Print Post
Posted on 20-04-2008 23:48

Home From Home

Triple C wrote:
I regret to inform that Rocket would like to register his interest in joining the singles league... lol

we're looking to do a 3rd division... not a 30th...!!!

Teach
#20 Print Post
Posted on 21-04-2008 03:26

Home From Home

Danny, can I register my interest please??

P.S. Come on the Palace!!applause

(Steve Aldridge)

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Danny Evans
Danny Evans
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing