just read this article on the surrey site;

http://www.surrey...57&start=0

Gary Swettenham
Wayne Pope
Leon Pope
Adam Hewson
Robert Harkness

All not on the registered list from Stan, therefore table says:

"CROYDON A 20 POINTS DEDUCTED FOR NON REGISTERED PLAYER.
Frames won by non registerd players awarded to croydon B Match score now 18-9 to Croydon B"

...seems like all the hard work and effort getting to be one of the top teams has just been thrown out the window...!!!

time for a new manager and set up me thinks!
Edited by andye on 25-02-2009 21:00

EmDee
#2 Print Post
Posted on 25-02-2009 21:32

Home From Home

Wow, thats a minor oversight eh?

http://www.joincrash.com
Farley
#3 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2009 09:05

Home From Home

andye wrote:

Whoo.. Why would u say that... Correct me if i am wrong... U r saying, new manager of C.D.P.L. Meaning replacing Gary Swettenham... New set up... Replacing. The C.D.P.L. Committee... U must b on drugs...
Home of the Farley Loyalists. Farley Dukes. Farley Small Potatoes...

Sass
#4 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2009 16:41

FORUM ADDICT!

I'd like to have all the facts before commenting on this but if this is correct then it will make a mockery of the Surrey Interleague for 2009.

www.croydonpool.com
ThePower
#5 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2009 16:47

Must Get Out More

Farley wrote:
andye wrote:

Whoo.. Why would u say that... Correct me if i am wrong... U r saying, new manager of C.D.P.L. Meaning replacing Gary Swettenham... New set up... Replacing. The C.D.P.L. Committee... U must b on drugs...

I think Andy has made a few rather hasty and rash comments in the past few weeks. One of those at we know has all ready bitten him on his bum. Smile

Knocky
#6 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2009 17:16
Must Get Out More

if this is true it has to be a postal problem,as i know gary registered his players on the night of our match,i know wayne tore up his reg after losing all his games but everyone else was ok.
am just glad we have played them 1st as i know that they will kick ass from now on and still finish with a spot for yarmouth,
watch out surrey,croydons no1 team is like a wounded animal.
(they will eat you alive)Shock
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

Shaggy
#7 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2009 17:21
Must Get Out More

The basis of Andys comments are as I understand it sound. ie that 5 players remained unregistered 7 days after the first interleague game. Whether people agree with it or not it has to be the Team Manager/ Team Captains/Team Secretaries responsibility.

Again whether a head should roll is up to the players and people involved, of which I am not one.....

Farley I am pretty sure Andy is not implying that Mark Halsey shoudn't be secretary of the league, because the interleague team has become a little farcical.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigdogdave
#8 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2009 18:07

Quite The Regular

Knocky says the forms were completed at the match. If true, it will be question of whether Gary sent them in time.

Obviously there could be postal problems, I know of some recent ones around my area.

I think there is a right to appeal. Personally I hope they get the points back.

As for Sass saying it will make it a farse, far from it. It happened to Godalming last year (12pts) it happens. It will just show the teams character if they can turn it around.

They lost to the Bs anyway so they can't be very good and surely no great loss - doing themselves a favour by not going to yarmouth clearly big grin

Sass
#9 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2009 18:14

FORUM ADDICT!

I hope they get their points back too. It will certainly be a test of commitment and character if they don't.

www.croydonpool.com
TomK
#10 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2009 19:01
Quite The Regular

Sass wrote:
I'd like to have all the facts before commenting on this but if this is correct then it will make a mockery of the Surrey Interleague for 2009.

Why? If Gary hasn't sent the forms in on time, then its seems pretty clear to me.

Sass
#11 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2009 20:18

FORUM ADDICT!

Sass wrote:

TomK wrote:
Why? If Gary hasn't sent the forms in on time, then its seems pretty clear to me.

I think you just made my point! big grin

www.croydonpool.com
Knocky
#12 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2009 20:22
Must Get Out More

bigdogdave wrote:
They lost to the Bs anyway so they can't be very good and surely no great loss - doing themselves a favour by not going to yarmouth clearly big grin

as it happens the b team played really well and took their chances,so there.big grin
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone

Farley
#13 Print Post
Posted on 27-02-2009 07:39

Home From Home

Shaggy wrote:

Farley I am pretty sure Andy is not implying that Mark Halsey shoudn't be secretary of the league, because the interleague team has become a little farcical.
Shaggy...Don't think i mentioned Mark Halsey... Andy's Comment "New Manager and new set up me think's."
Gary Swettenham is THE MANAGER of C.D.P.L. interleague team.
C.D.P.L. are ultimately the governing body ( The Set up )... So i don't see any other way u can read that comment...

bigdogdave
#14 Print Post
Posted on 27-02-2009 15:41

Quite The Regular

For what its worth I read Andy's comment as meaning new manager and setup for the INTERLEAGUE TEAM ONLY

Bare in mind things in forums can often be misinterprutted as I think has happened here with you Farley.

Just my opinion mind

andye
#15 Print Post
Posted on 03-03-2009 14:55

Home From Home

just to clarify a little bit as farley dave seems insistent on gunning me down...
i mean the croydon interleague team setup...
there are players in the b's who should be in the a's and vice versa but don't wanna leave there mates
registering 'on the night' is not good enough in my opinion
i know there are players who would play for croydon if say kyle sean or hughie took over.
trust me when i say it's all about yarmouth... been there, seen it, done it! so if you can't get there what's the point!
gary has done a good job up to now, but sometimes somethings need to change and have a fresh start...

Farley
#16 Print Post
Posted on 03-03-2009 19:05

Home From Home

andye wrote:
just to clarify a little bit as farley dave seems insistent on gunning me down...
Don't know why you would say that Andy... I have more to do with my time than, come on here to " Gun people down" Not my style... I made a simple statment of Fact as i see it... Which i stand by, ( and time may well prove it correct ) After all there is not much chance of Gary Swettenham responding as you are well aware he does not use the site...

Knocky
#17 Print Post
Posted on 03-03-2009 20:48
Must Get Out More

in my opinion gary does a fantastic job with the resources he has.
replaceing gary is not the solution,even if the points deduction remains in force,they will still go to yarmouthWink

ThePower
#18 Print Post
Posted on 03-03-2009 23:09

Must Get Out More

andye wrote:
i know there are players who would play for croydon if say kyle sean or hughie took over.

What Andrew means by 'there are players' - is himself and Paul Wildman!

As for team managment - Hugh Telford - I thought doesn't even play in the current Croydon set up, so how can you be in the frame for team management?

Eagles new plan - the treble we cannot ever repeat - so lets go for Croydon interleague domination. Next you will be seeking to rename our league side the Croydon Eagles.
Edited by ThePower on 03-03-2009 23:12

Shaggy
#19 Print Post
Posted on 03-03-2009 23:46
Must Get Out More

I dont think Andy has any plans whatsoever to return from Tolworth. My plans are curently unclear although I am definately playing for Tolworth this season, and Hughie played for Croydon last year, so pretty much right on all counts their Power. Tsh!

As an aside I was speaking to the former Interleague secretary this week and he said the punishment for fielding an ineleigble player is 1 point and not 4 that seem to be applied. So an appeal would seem to be in order, unless their has been a change in the rules.

Not that that makes it any better that almost half the team weren't registered in time.

You are probably right about the treble though. We dont have the numbers or the ability to filed a consistant enough Monday team to do that. Probably as well equiped as anyone else though.

House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andye
#20 Print Post
Posted on 04-03-2009 03:05

Home From Home

wrong again power (grrr)...!!!

hughie has served the cdpl long enough to have the credentials
kyle is an international and him and sean kelly are both national champions hence too have the credentials

my intentions are to stay with tolworth as it gives me the biggest opportunity for yarmouth success, something i have the flavour for now!

i heard people say the treble could not be repeated the first time we did it!

i want croydon to do well and compete simple as that!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Dan Barthrop
Dan Barthrop
Croydon Interleague (Past)
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing