oddball243 weeks
Knocky248 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
div 1
andye
#41 Print Post
Posted on 17-11-2007 21:49

Home From Home

Truey wrote:
Why don't all results against the Drillers become VOID & everyone gets a 7-0 for both fixtures against them confused

Surely this is a fairer way to do it - As i reckon we would have got more than 3 against the shambles/joke that wss the drillers, also the poor bloodhounds played them (probably the only time they have been at full strength for years) & got a hiding & now the SAS who are awful will get an average - that doesn't really seem fair

wrongwrong

nor is frank bruno's r's but that's the rules... simple as that!!!

Golden
#42 Print Post
Posted on 17-11-2007 21:56

FORUM ADDICT!

The SAS' average is going to be a 6-1 loss so that's about right . .

Lils
#43 Print Post
Posted on 17-11-2007 22:51

Must Get Out More

If teams did better, they'd get a better average result. The average result seem to be reasonably fair.

Scrapping results is unfair on teams who'd done well against them.

Anyway, if I was in a team outside the top 3 in Div 1, I'd take a 4-3 against the Drillers anyday. Even a five player Drillers team.

I find it sad that Ben Crompton hasn't been snapped up to play - he was THE most dedicated player in that team IMO.

hannahfish
#44 Print Post
Posted on 17-11-2007 23:12

Quite The Regular

Lils wrote:
If teams did better, they'd get a better average result. The average result seem to be reasonably fair.

Anyway, if I was in a team outside the top 3 in Div 1, I'd take a 4-3 against the Drillers anyday. Even a five player Drillers team.

I find it sad that Ben Crompton hasn't been snapped up to play - he was THE most dedicated player in that team IMO.

I find it very sad that not one of the drillers has the decency to phone/come in to tell me that they have folded and to apologise for wasting my money. Especially as one of them was in here on Monday night.

Lils
#45 Print Post
Posted on 17-11-2007 23:38

Must Get Out More

I agree Hannah - maybe you should ban them from your venue until they bother to let you know.

I bet they were quick enough to come to you to see if you'd accomodate them for the season and let you pay for their entry fee. . . Sad

hannahfish
#46 Print Post
Posted on 18-11-2007 02:38

Quite The Regular

im afraid if i do not hear from someone by sunday night then i will be left with no other option but to follow this route.

ThePower
#47 Print Post
Posted on 19-11-2007 17:31

Must Get Out More

Lils wrote:

Personally I think there should be a rule for a minimum of 25% of league matches played before we resort to average points.

Can't say we were happy to be awarded 3 points against them let alone feel happy to only get 3 points against a top 3 side. You have to accept it but don't mean its satisfying to do so!

nuttmeg
#48 Print Post
Posted on 19-11-2007 19:03
Home From Home

andye wrote:[/b]
[

[/quote]

nor is frank bruno's r's but that's the rules... simple as that!!![/quote]

Like the banner Andy

andye
#49 Print Post
Posted on 19-11-2007 20:52

Home From Home

truey & the power(grrrr), as found with the croydon singles league... at the end of the season i suspect it will make little difference to your (or any teams) final standings however it's worked out... a 5 player drillers team would probably finish above the eden in the league so they've actually helped you in your relegation battle by pulling out and finishing last!!!

Golden
#50 Print Post
Posted on 19-11-2007 21:06

FORUM ADDICT!

laughing

bloodsport
#51 Print Post
Posted on 19-11-2007 23:38
Just Popping In

The drillers 6-1 result against Bloodhounds should not stand.

One rule for one comes to mind.

Micky Samuel / John Hoy moves to Unpredictables, which I believe is against the league rules as any player in a team that folds is out for the season ...is that right?

So Blood hounds lose 6-1. Have to play the same player for three matches and the unpredictables (who are down there with us) who it appears were struggling for players now get a boost of two players.

When I hear you regulars giving it rules are rules. I find it all a bit of a nonsence.

Coneycueist
#52 Print Post
Posted on 19-11-2007 23:49

Home From Home

What do you mean 'one rule for one' Bloodsport?

Also I think it is a little unfair to suggest John Hoy and Mick Samuel should sit out a season. It's just a pub league and a 'gentleman's' one at that. There is no suggestion whatsoever that this disbanding has been contrived boost the Unpredictables so surely a bit of common sense and sportsmanship can prevail?
The Coney: The Home of Bread and Butter pool since 1999

bloodsport
#53 Print Post
Posted on 19-11-2007 23:56
Just Popping In

Firstly, no one wants them to sit out the season. That was not the aim of the comment. it was used as an example of that rules can be bent on occassions.

However, you talk common sense, how is a team fulfilling three games and dropping out ending in everyone having average scores common sense.

Coneycueist
#54 Print Post
Posted on 20-11-2007 00:02

Home From Home

I think you could argue that point bloodsport to be fair. Everyone involved has a certain bias one way or another though so it's best leave it to the neutrals imo. The league is run well after all.What would your view be if you had beaten the Drillers 6-1? Presumably that you had all given up a night and played well and the result should stand?
Edited by Coneycueist on 20-11-2007 00:06
The Coney: The Home of Bread and Butter pool since 1999

Lils
#55 Print Post
Posted on 20-11-2007 00:17

Must Get Out More

Bloodsport - if the ruling stated that a player was not allowed to transfer to another team after theirs disbands, then do you think Mark Halsey would have allowed it to happen?

Try reading through the threads. It may stop you making mad comments.

It has already been stated that the ruling about players not being allowed to transfer to other teams if for SUSPENDED teams. There is currently no rule in place for a team which disbands, therefore Mr Halsey has chosen leniency on the players. I do believe that people like Dominic D'Souza for example, who played a big part in the team not having the players to fulfil their fixtures (or DIDN'T play and that was the problem . . . ) should be allowed to now go elsewhere, but that's simply my personal view. I like Dominic but as a reliable pool player, you won't find a bigger wanker!!

I don't think I know you, but i'm pretty sure if your team had beaten the Drillers 6-1, you wouldn't be protesting against the points standing, so your reasoning is purely a selfish one.

I don't even play in Division 1 anymore so I couldn't give a shit either way! But if you'd played better, you'd have more points from it, irrespective of whether that team is now not part of the League.

I'm also pretty sure that an inclusion in the League rules and Constitution will be voted on at the AGM in February to cover such an incident should it occur again.
Edited by Lils on 20-11-2007 00:21

Brooker
#56 Print Post
Posted on 20-11-2007 00:47
Home From Home

Just cos i am bored, i will make a comment on this.

What about if you play the eagles, Hot Shots & Prop in the first 3 games, get beat 6-1 in all of them & then get an average 6-1 defeat against the folded drillers the following week.

a 6-1 defeat will probably not be your average result at the end of the season, even if your average at the end of the season is a 4-3 defeat, this rule would have still cost you valuable points.

Can't the average be done at the half way stage & end of season rather than when the game is actually due to be played ?
I would rather be playing golf

harry
#57 Print Post
Posted on 20-11-2007 15:15

Must Get Out More

I agree with Brooker.

We have had a terrible start, therefore we will be heavily penalised because of this.
Harry Time!

ThePower
#58 Print Post
Posted on 20-11-2007 16:36

Must Get Out More

I agree with Bloodsport to a certain degree and Mr Brooker has made a valid point.

Don't get me wrong, I tried to sign some of the disbanded Drillers, but if you take a long look at it, should these players be allowed to re-sign for a Division 1 side? Maybe the answer would have been to let them play in the league but not this season in Division 1.

Knocky has had a result, the Unpreds should not worry the bottom half of the table now, but is that fair for the current sides in the bottom half, the Bloodhounds, the Rack Pack, the Eden, the SAS?

We can make a mountain out of molehill over it, but if it comes down to 1 or 2 points between staying up and going down and those two points were lost to one the ex-Drillers then I am sure those affected will be the first to raise the subject.

Coneycueist, if you want to go and play in a 'pub' league the Bromley league is just around the corner from your home venue. The Croydon league in Div 1 & 2 is hardly pub league standard. Though you are correct in one aspect, the Poney have and will always where the tag of being a pub outfit.
Edited by ThePower on 20-11-2007 16:40

longshanks
#59 Print Post
Posted on 20-11-2007 16:39

Must Get Out More

I agree. 3 games doesn't give a true reflection of an average score. When the rule was written it probably wasn't envisaged that teams would pull out so early in the season. Unfortunately I think the League's hands are tied and they have to abide by the rules as they stand at the moment.

ThePower
#60 Print Post
Posted on 20-11-2007 16:42

Must Get Out More

Of course they do, nobody is saying they should change them now, but it does need to be addressed because not only have some sides benefited now but they will do so again in the 2nd half of the season.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Tony Nuttman
Tony Nuttman
2008 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing