oddball243 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
Ladies Singles Final
ThePower
#21 Print Post
Posted on 15-11-2007 07:13

Must Get Out More

Well done Sarah, congratulations and all that stuff, welcome to Croydons Hall of Fame, plus my commisserations to Goodfella Donna, though we'll always remain honoured you won it in your Eden days.....

As for Fat Dart's initial post and every other silly buggers little dig and outburst - I don't get it? If the sponsor pays to sponsor an event and its designated at a particular venue then all matches should take place there.

Should Adam as sponsor have tried to get the semi replayed?
I previously put ?1000 of my own money up in Croydon (5 years ago) for an end of season ranking event, and let me tell you as the ''sponsor'' I would expect as the financial provider to have all the rights to decide if that event would take place on the moon or in my own back room. If its agreed matches take place at a certain venue then thats it. It a'int a players choice on venue, time, date and whatever other excuse they look for, they are in it for the money/trophy and the sponsor takes the business that comes from the investment he/she has made in the event....

Anyway, the morale of this thread now IS....

''The final was rightfully played at THEATRE OF DREAMS''

bow
Edited by ThePower on 15-11-2007 07:53

Fat-Dart
#22 Print Post
Posted on 15-11-2007 07:22

FORUM ADDICT!

ThePower wrote:
As for Fat Dart's and every other silly buggers little outburst.....

blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blah

Lils
#23 Print Post
Posted on 15-11-2007 21:00

Must Get Out More

ThePower wrote:
Well done Sarah, congratulations and all that stuff, welcome to Croydons Hall of Fame, plus my commisserations to Goodfella Donna, though we'll always remain honoured you won it in your Eden days.....

I have never won the Summer League singles Alex - I won the Winter League singles.

As for Fat Dart's initial post and every other silly buggers little dig and outburst - I don't get it? If the sponsor pays to sponsor an event and its designated at a particular venue then all matches should take place there.

Alex, I love you, but PLEASE read the post in its entirety before making a comment like that or you end up looking foolish...

The semi-final WAS due to be replayed (even though if i'd have claimed it as I could have, it wouldn't have BEEN played which is what these dumbarsed people can't understand) on November 7th, but Stacey couldn't make it. The sponsor of the competition tried to say that this wasn't satisfactory and wanted A THIRD DATE to be made to accomodate.

So not only did I agree to rearrange the original Semi-Final date, I turned up to a second, won it, got told I had to play it again even though I should have claimed it as we COULDN'T play it at the sponsors pub of choice, my opponent couldn't make that date, so I'm meant to KEEP rearranging it, am I?!!!!

We didn't even get a choice of tables at this venue last night, seeing as they had their singles league running whilst the Final was being played. Apparently, they were told by SOMEONE that the Final wasn't going ahead . . .

. . . Wonder who told them that? Certainly wasn't the C&DPL Committee.

ThePower
#24 Print Post
Posted on 15-11-2007 22:02

Must Get Out More

Apologies, quite right, you did win the winter version. Well done then to Sass for back to back summer titles.

I've re-read the opening post from Fat-Dart, even though its not mentioned I am now presuming you had it okayed by the league to play the match elsewhere? If not, I guess then it shoud have been voided in the first place though not ideal. My understanding is the rights for the semi's and finals always rests with league sponsors to provide the neutral venue, hence the Farley in this case?

I still think that the sponsors should have an input if they really want one as to where the matches are played though probably Suzy's and the Farley are the only two that are set up to host them. I am surprised though that it appears Adam has got so deeply involved in this. From reading Fart Dart's and your post it seems he has really got his back up over this and as Adam is not a member of the site we cannot have his feedback.

Anyway this has got bugger all to do with me so I'm keeping out of whatever is going on between the parties concerned.
Edited by ThePower on 15-11-2007 22:34

Lils
#25 Print Post
Posted on 16-11-2007 02:37

Must Get Out More

Alex - you've missed the point AGAIN!!

We played our match at Rileys as it was the only place to play. Now if i'd simply claimed the match, all would have been fine, but I told Stacey i'd rather play than claim a match. BUT THE FARLEY WAS UNAVAILABLE THAT EVENING. Because we played it there, we were told our match was void and we had to play it at the Farley and were given an alternate date which Stacey couldn't make.

The argument isn't that the match was voided - the argument lies in the fact that the sponsor tried to make the rescheduled Semi-Final be played again, because the other player couldn't make that date. But the bottom line is this - if a player is unavailable on a date set by the Committee, then it's tough. I agreed to postpone the original semi-final, then agreed to play it on the only date Satacey could make (and the sponsors venue was unavailable) yet that wasn't good enough, so Mark Halsey gave us ANOTHER date to play which Stacey couldn't make.

Just how many times was I meant to rearrange and what makes the sponsor believe that their money entitles them to be involved in the running of the competition?

Anyway, if this is still too much for you to comprehend Mr Barnetson, then I shall do my best to explain when I see you next.

(I'll speak slowly and bring a crayon . . . wall:razz: )

harry
#26 Print Post
Posted on 16-11-2007 17:47

Must Get Out More

Congratulations Sass, unlucky Donna.

I wish I could have come down to watch but The Bill is on the TV on Wednesday nights Smile
Edited by harry on 16-11-2007 17:47
Harry Time!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Micky Samuel
Micky Samuel
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing