oddball243 weeks
Knocky248 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
League Week 5 Runners and Riders
Grettal
#1 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 15:05
Getting The Hang Of It

Ok I've just got home and am sherking going to work so I figured I'd steal Berty's thread and write a brief, totally uniformed report on tonights matches in Div 1.

Match 1

Bromley Cuemasters Vs Hotshots

Riding high in second place it was all looking pretty good for the CMs but a 5-2 defeat to possible relegation fodder Bloodhounds last week shows their shakeyness and asks the question were earlier results flukes? Hotshots on the other hand are picking up momentum with a convincing win over an in-form Coney team. Hotshots ability is undeniable.

Predicition: Bromley Cuemasters 1 : 6 Hotshots

Match 2

Patriots Vs Bloodhounds

Very much a David and Goliath match with the Bloodhounds getting over half their points total from last weeks win. Even on the back of that good win I doubt they'll have the power to overturn a 3 wins out of 4 Patriots team.

Prediction: Patriots 6 : 1 Bloodhounds

Match 3

The Propeller Vs Rileys Unpredictables

It's a shame that the Unpredictables are struggling at the moment and I can't see any let up for them tonight with the Prop being strong at home sitting in a deserved joint second place in the league standings. If the Unpredictables big players have big games there is a glimmer of hope for a win but I'm guesstimating otherwise.

Prediction: Propeller 5 : 2 R. Unpredictables

Match 4

The S.A.S Vs The Rack Pack

Everything to fight for in this game. Both teams not getting off to the start they would have hoped for especially with the Rack Pack's start ast season. Home advantage and chasing a very real chance of their first Div 1 win could be an influential factor in tipping the scales to the S.A.S.

Prediction: The S.A.S 4 : 3 The Rack Pack

Match 5

The Drillers Vs Red Dear Eagles

Drillers are on fire, 8-0 home win

Match 6

The Coney Cues Vs The Farley Eden

Quite possibly the most wanted win of the season for both teams due to ongoing banter and mutual repsect. Blood, Sweat, Tears, Fireworks, Touretes and a mixture of phenomenly amazing and incredibly shit pool normally grace the fixture. Looking at past statsitics between the teams, the home advantage and both teams start to this season the Coney definitely have the edge however nothing is being taken for granted.

Prediction: The Coney Cues 5 : 2 Farley Eden
Edited by Grettal on 27-11-2007 15:06

the-shark
#2 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 17:55

Home From Home

cuemasters 2-5 hotsots
patriots 4-3 bloodhound
prop 4-3 unpredictables
sas 3-4 the rat pack
coney cues?-? the eden

think we may struggle against the hot shots tonight! were already a few players out tonight so pretty much a makeshift team so not expecting much. have to disagree with the fluke quote tho, that remark will be brought up for our match in the new yearapplause
patriots- bloodhounds, take the patriots to win but only just could be a tighter match than many think, they done a good job on us last week so on a high.
sas v rat pack.must win for both teams this one, another close game if the sas can field a team tonight but think the rat pack to take the honours.
prop v riley unpredictables another close game, if the riley have a full team they could pull this off but you have to go with the prop at home so a narrow 4-3
coney v the farley eden. the match of the night between one of the nicest teams in the league and the highly charged bad boys the eden cues, impossible to call and just has to be a 4-3 either way, both teams want it but only one will be smiling come closing time at the lodge.

Spud
#3 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 18:01

Home From Home

Will the Prop and Unpredictables have thier Drillers infusions on Display?

Rainsy for the Prop
Samuels and Hoy for the Unpredictables. . . .

Will be a lot closer if that is the case.
Edited by Spud on 27-11-2007 18:24

berty
#4 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 18:27
Home From Home

Sorry this is coming late I have been on a long weekend piss up in Ireland.

cuemasters 2-5 hotsots
Cuemasters is not a fluke IMO I think that the season drop last year has given them a much needed injection of enthusiasm for this current season that gives them the edge over soime of the other jaded "Middle" teams in the league. Hot Shots have too much for this one, they played us with 6 players and the fact that I chose Ian Chapman to play again after his recent success kind of sums it up really. You need to be no worse than 2-2 to stand a chance, as power said they do seem to cruise to victory once ahead.

patriots 3 - 4 bloodhound
Patriots stronger than last season and the Bloodhounds in my opinion could be the surprise package this year if they can keep their heads up and not let the defeats get to them. I was mighty impressed with them and was not that surprised to see them beat the Cuemasters last week. My only doubt with them is that they may lose enthusiasm after bad results. The coney went about 8 games last season without a win but still finished in the top half of the table. The bloodhounds may have to show similar resilience if they are to stay up. Bloodhounds to win after a confidence boost last week

prop 5 -2 unpredictables
Unpredictables have signed new players and no doubt they needed to after a shaky start to the season. They have the players there but lethargy seemed to have set in. The ex drillers boys will surely not have as much passion playing for their adopted team. Prop to win.

sas 2-5 the rack pack
SAS have done nothing this season to suggest they are anything but massive relegation fodder. They meet their fellow struglers the Rack pack in a massive match at the foot of the table. Both looking for their first win and for the losers the next win will look so far away it will turn in to a mental battle for them for some time to come. The Rack Pack have to win and are the better team so my prediction is an away win

coney cues 4 -3 the eden
Well nothing really needs to be said about this one there is no hiding away from it that is for sure. Two teams that have shared at least two different venues, several of the players have shared the same team at one stage or another, one crazy night at the Elmer a couple of years ago, shared spoils of the previous encounters. Add all this to the mix and then say there will only ever be two more of these matches. The team that wins this match knows at worst they will part compaines at the end of this season with no worse than an equal record. For the losers the return fixture in the second half will be heaped with pressure as to not forever be in the other teams pocket. Bring it on!

ner ner

Shaggy
#5 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 19:29
Must Get Out More

Cuemasters 2-5 Hotshots
Patriots 4-3 Bloodhound
Prop 5-2 Unpredictables
Sas 1-6 The Rack Pack
Coney Ccues 3-4 The Eden Numpties
Drillers 2 Eagles 5
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knocky
#6 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 19:32
Must Get Out More

the unpredictables will be with our new players tonight.
bow
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

ThePower
#7 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 19:34

Must Get Out More

Cuemasters 2-5 Hot Shots
The Shark changed my prediction with his confirmation that an under strength CM will turn up tonight, so I can't see the Hot Shots letting them off the hook for one minute.

Patriots 4-3 Bloodhounds
Experience will edge the Patriots over the winning line tonight who have yet to impress with some shaky results. Bloodhounds are a better side than most have suggested and of course can win this if they perform down the bottom half of the order.

Propeller 4-3 Unpredictables
The only thing predictable is that the Unpredictables will eventually pull themselves clear of the bottom half with their two new signings but not tonight. The Popes are now the backbone of the Prop side and a lot will rest of their shoulders if the Prop can muster a push to challenge the likes of the Eagles this season.

SAS 4-3 Rack Pack
Nothing was said last week about the SAS turning over the Rack Pack boys in the league cup group. This is a massive match for both sides in their current positions and I imagine its worse for the Rack Pack if they get turned over tonight because the SAS deep down must know the writing is on the wall this season. I still reckon the SAS will nick it.

Drillers -v- Eagles
The turmoil that the Drillers have caused by withdrawing from the league gives league leaders the Eagles the night off and for it they will take 5 points. No doubt the Eagles will all turn up at their home venue, which really seems to be Suzy Q's and have a practise. The ex-Drillers that have not found new homes will no doubt walk aimlessly from venue to venue for some shelter and shoulder to cry on.

Coney Cues -v- Farley Eden
Make no bones about it, the Coney matches are what the Eden are here for this season. The Coney have been on the Eden radar since we last played them on 6th March 2007. Truey nearly had to be sedated last week and was at times uncontrollable last Tuesday night when he spoke to the Eden boys of the importance of this game.

The Coney love how to tell you they have beaten us. In October 2006 we played them on a table at the old Coney venue that was more fit for ice skating than a game of pool. In March this year we turned out with 5 players, and two reserves. Well done to the Coney for winning both, but apart from themselves who are they really kidding?

This is why tonight carries so much for the Eden. Our two victories came at the Elmer Lodge both our wins coming with the match poised at 3-3. The infamous ''Battle of the Elmer'' in May 2006 says a lot about both sides. No quarter given by either side. Mutual respect went out the window that night and now there is history between the sides. We respect what the Coney have achieved since getting into Div 1, but thats it, we all know the Coney have won nothing to shout about. We'll all shake hands, share a joke or two but this fixture is tense because so much pride is at stake. Come 8.30pm the Eden is going to rock and roll.

Shaggy
#8 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 19:41
Must Get Out More

I have predicted an Eden win, but genuinely hope the Coney turn them over. They are excitable, tosserlike and ugly in equal measures, at thats without foaming at the mouth.

Come on the Coney, give it the real Beckenham roar. The Eden are Beckenham sellouts!

ThePower
#9 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 19:47

Must Get Out More

applause Another one of your unimaginative posts!

The Coney are a bunch of girls they don't know how to 'roar'.
Edited by ThePower on 27-11-2007 19:50

Shaggy
#10 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 19:50
Must Get Out More

Tell your boys to watch out for the old boy in the corner. He roars, apparently.
Edited by Shaggy on 27-11-2007 19:57

berty
#11 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 19:59
Home From Home

careful alex the table at the elmer has been reclothed in the last couple of weeks. I hope it is not too Ice rink like for your delicate Eden souls!! lol

Coneycueist
#12 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 20:00

Home From Home

Cheers Shaggy.

I have to say I cannot wait for tonight. It's for games like these we started a team in the first place.

The Coney: The Home of Bread and Butter pool since 1999

berty
#13 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 20:01
Home From Home

zzz

Coneycueist
#14 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 20:03

Home From Home

eek2
The Coney: The Home of Bread and Butter pool since 1999

berty
#15 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 20:04
Home From Home

band playing

MavisDavis
#16 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 20:26
Quite The Regular

Cuemasters 3-4 Hotshots
Patriots 4-3 Bloodhound
Prop 4-3 Unpredictables
Sas 3-4 The Rack Pack
Coney Cues 5-2 Eden
Drillers 2 Eagles 5

Can't be bothered to comment on the other games tonight but think they will be closer than other predictions so far. Match tonight is all about Coney v Eden. We're at full strength again welcoming Rob, Merv and Dips back for selection. I think the first 4 frames will decide the match and hope Coney will edge that section 3-1. Whatever happens though this is what it is all about and can't wait having missed the two wins last year...

ThePower
#17 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 20:39

Must Get Out More

Amazing number of posts all ready this week from the Coney.

Not one post made last week of their 4-3 slapping by a division 4 side. evil laugh
Edited by ThePower on 27-11-2007 20:44

ThePower
#18 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 20:47

Must Get Out More

MavisDavis wrote:
We're at full strength again welcoming Rob, Merv and Dips back for selection.

Don't tell me that is an attempt at trying to scare us? roll on the floor laughing

berty
#19 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 20:51
Home From Home

we dont write things on here to scare anyone Alex. Would it scare you if i said we had frozen the cloth overnight in the freezer and we will apply the cloth just prior to our match to give the table that ice rink quality we seem to thrive on?

nuttmeg
#20 Print Post
Posted on 27-11-2007 20:58
Home From Home

cue masters 3 Hot shots 4
patriots 4 bloodhounds 3
prop 4 unpredictables 3
sas 3 rack pack 4
coney 3.5 Eden 3.5
drillers 1.75 Eagles 5.25

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
The Eagles
The Eagles
Winter League 07/08 Presentation Night
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing