oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Knockout Cup Final
Kermy
#1 Print Post
Posted on 23-02-2010 08:11
Home From Home

Eagles 2 Patriots 6 Excellent game played in good spirits, chances missed by both teams but Patriots took theres. Top side the Eagles,but just goes to show they are not unbeatable. Goodluck to Hughie and the boys and ill be sure they will be looking for revenge in the league.

Spud
#2 Print Post
Posted on 23-02-2010 15:06

Home From Home

Congratulations Patriots,

The scoreline doesn't flatter either, fully deserved win.

We were terrible. Had chances - good ones too, and fatally failed to convert them into wins. Not good enough from our point of view.

The table did not help matters, but that's not why we lost, we lost because we were second best.

Away from the personal dissapointment of losing, I am genuinely happy for the Patriots, excellent team, excellent bunch of guys. Hats off chaps, and as Andy Gray would say, Take a bow.

nuttmeg
#3 Print Post
Posted on 23-02-2010 16:45
Home From Home

The result was fair and square,but I do feel we shot our selves in the feet somewhat, well done Patriots good team,nice blokes chalk up another trophy.

ThePower
#4 Print Post
Posted on 23-02-2010 22:31

Must Get Out More

Based on the current season so far, felt the Eagles had a big chance of repeating the infamous treble of a few seasons back, so hats off to the Patriots on this victory.

Patriots second victory in three years in this comp, can't remember who won it last year. Hall of Fame needs updating.

Shaggy
#5 Print Post
Posted on 24-02-2010 00:35
Must Get Out More

Think it was the Forum A last year.

Anyhow I wasn't at the match yesterday but can definately confirm that as a team we had every intention of taking this cup seriously, unlike many other years it has been low on the priority list.

The team all felt we had a great chance of winning the major awards this year so you can only congratulate The Patriots for an excellant win.

The team are full of fine experienced players so whilst I am suprised we lost I am not suprised that they won. (I know that makes no sense but hopefully you get what I mean.)

Hopefully we will be joining the Patriots in picking up a winners trophy in one of the two other major events.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Burning Joe's Shirt
Burning Joe's Shirt
24hr Charity Pool Marathon 2006
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing