oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Predication
Rambo
#1 Print Post
Posted on 25-02-2010 21:35
Home From Home

Predication for the 2nd Stage Group...

Just wondering what people views are?

i will post mine later
Edited by Rambo on 25-02-2010 21:47

GrantS
#2 Print Post
Posted on 25-02-2010 23:43
Quite The Regular

No idea what a predication is, but reckon some people may have predictions!

miq
#3 Print Post
Posted on 25-02-2010 23:56

Home From Home

Predication what you need to be a record breaker. Cool

Spud
#4 Print Post
Posted on 25-02-2010 23:59

Home From Home

Well someone has to put their nads on the line and take a punt . . .

I'll go first.

Group A
Winners: The Eagles
Runners Up: Magnum Force

Group B
Winners: Rileys Cue Masters
Runners Up: The Patriots

Group C
Winners: Hotshots
Runners Up: Imperials

Group D
Winners: The Propeller
Runnerd Up: Rileys Rack Pack

Just my opening gambit . . . I am likely to change my mind several times, especially over Groups B&D. . .
But the fact remains, that only half the teams can progress, so there will be some very good sides falling by the wayside at the end of this round.

the-shark
#5 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2010 01:29

Home From Home

group a

winners the eagles
runners up farley loyalists

eagles far to strong for anyone in this group loyalists as suprise runners up!

group b

winners riley cuemasters
runners up the patriots

toughest group by far and most difficult to call! if we can get a full strength team out for the 3 games we should at very least qualify! but with the patriots currently on form plus the jolly never easy if your drawn away to them it really is hard to call!

group c

winners the hot shots
runners up goodfellas

really just a battle for runners up here behind the hot shots! close call but im goin for the goodfellas over the imps just!

group d

winners the prop
runners up the eden

another tight group again hard to see the prop failing to finish top and even th the rat pack are probably more consistant than the eden i think if they can get a decent team out every match they should pip it
www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

ThePower
#6 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2010 18:52

Must Get Out More

Group A:
Only group that consists of one Division 1 side, and this current Eagles side is bubbling with quality and are big favourites to win the whole comp let alone the group.
Current league form for Magnum & Loyalists has been patchy and there is not much between either side, both sides have that one or two quality players but that's not enough to trouble the Eagles. I think this will open the door for the Untouchables to sneak through as runners-up.
Untouchables are the only team outside of the top two divisions to make the last 16 of the competition. Their squad is not as strong as last season but they winning week in week out and that brings confidence and as a team they are clearly punching well below their weight in Div 4.
Winners: Eagles / Runners-up: Untouchables

Group B: The Group of Death.
Three of the sides are top half of the current Div 1 table, and in the Cuemasters and Patriots we have two of the top 4 sides in Croydon. The Jolly are a different side in the knockout stages but they struggled to win their group and the price paid is being chucked into this nightmare group.
Warbank seemed to be in control in their group and missed a big opportunity to make into the hat for Group C. Both the Jolly & Warbank have difficult venues for visiting sides but they only get one home match as group runners-up, and for me that may not be enough.
Warbank have two tough away games on the bounce against Cuemasters & then at Patriots and you have to think they must get something out of those.
Jolly have their opportunity in week 2 at home to Cuemasters and that for me that one fixture will decide who goes through with the Patriots, who are now on a roll having beaten the Eagles to win the Knockout Cup earlier this week.
This is probably the best 2nd stage group ever witnessed.
Winners: Patriots / Runners-up: Cuemasters

Group C:
Big favourites in this group are the Hot Shots who have the quality in their side and a great record in this competition, snd they rarely miss out on making the latter stages of this comp.
Goodfellas did well to win their group and in doing so it has given them a massive chance to make the QF's. They will not have to leave the comfort of Rileys in any of their three matches and lokking at the fixture list alone, progression appears to be in their hands.
Imperials have had a difficult Division 1 campaign and league survival is their main goal this season, but they have a chance to turn around their season and get themselves into the quarters.
The opening match v Goodfellas is the Imperials chance to stake a claim as they head to Hot Shots in week 2.
Legion travel to Lewisham in week 1 and if they can take something from that game it changes the whole group. The Legion sneaked in on the final week of the opening group matches, but they have the experience in their squad and they have been here many times in past so cannot be written off. Only doubt has to be the depth of strength in their squad these days and playing away from what was one of the most formidable home venues in Addington just doesn't do it for me.
Winners: Hot Shots / Runners-up: Goodfellas

Group D:
Propeller will on paper start big favourites to progress from the group. All six matches will take place at a Rileys venue, on good tables, so that will make the group even tougher to call.
Rack Pack are flying high at the top of Div 2 and haven't been beaten many times this season, and they seem destined to return back to the top flight. They also have a good solid squad of players.
Pond always give it 100%, and no doubt will be their sportingselves. Pond are knocking on the door of promotion and seem to have got a bit of run going in the league, and have a very good record in their encounters with the Propeller so the opening game v the Prop is no forgone conclusion.
As for my Eden side, we have had a struggling season to date. Suprisingly one of our two league wins to date was at the Prop and that will lift the lads going into the final match with them. Capt Truey has not got everyone assembled for a match all season and if we are going to get through this group and into the quarters we have to be at full strength for every one of the group matches or it won't happen. We believe we can edge out the Pond & Rack Pack for one of the two spots available but will need to play some decent pool to get there.
Edited by ThePower on 27-02-2010 03:19

sailor
#7 Print Post
Posted on 26-02-2010 23:34
Quite The Regular

For what its worth, 3 Groups have quite clear favourites in my opinion. Our Group B is nasty as although the Patriots and Cuemasters are excellent teams, i wouldnt discount the Warbank or ourselves just yet. This time last year we beat Forum A 8-2 (a) and Hotshots 7-3 and drew with i think the Eden 5-5 to go through. Warbank a proven hard team to play in cups, so this will be close.
Group A Eagles, Magnum Force
Group B ??? ???
Group C Hotshots, Goodfellas
Group D Prop and Eden (if they have a full team out for once)

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Ekrem Vatensever
Ekrem Vatensever
2008 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing