oddball253 weeks
Knocky258 weeks
Teach261 weeks
FoxC274 weeks
cazza279 weeks
andye279 weeks
jacko279 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Div 1 week 22
Faz Da Fisher
#1 Print Post
Posted on 05-05-2010 04:01

Home From Home

Eden 9-1 jolly

there was never a relegation battle congratulations to all involved I absolutely loved it the Eden are back loud and fucing winning done it in style even if you had the points back you would of gone down unlucky warbank

Awesome feat away from home the Eden are back baby
I think I got a bite ... And it's a big one

SCORCHIO12
#2 Print Post
Posted on 05-05-2010 04:50

Must Get Out More

Well done to the eden for staying up with a big win in the final game.

A special mention tonight goes to....

Paul MYSTIC MEG McGuire saying that the eden would win 9-1 and chris would be the only winner for the jolly!

Warbank struggled with a bare 5 and got well and truly smashed up tonight! No Ali, Rob, Barrie or David... Sad

Faz Da Fisher
#3 Print Post
Posted on 05-05-2010 05:22

Home From Home

Sincere condolences to the warbank not nice to see you go down as I have a fair few friends in the team may I wish you all the luck in the future from the whole of the Eden squad

listen power you dirty squaddie it's over for you the new blood of Eden talent runs fresh now metin tash myself Barry billy have replaced the old lions of old the fieldsys the lansings the harknesses etc lol

New sec new era the Eden boys are fully functional especially with a hand cropped of eagle talent ie Pickett Telford and pottie on the list, can't wait for the summer.
Edited by Faz Da Fisher on 05-05-2010 05:24
I think I got a bite ... And it's a big one

the-shark
#4 Print Post
Posted on 05-05-2010 05:40

Home From Home

Cuemasters 6-4 the patriots

typical end of season match really! not a lot of quality on show from either team tonight but managed to scrape a win!

commiserations to the warbank, the imps and pot luck!
www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

Kermy
#5 Print Post
Posted on 05-05-2010 06:56
Home From Home

Your right there shark, u did scrape a win and how u did i will never know. thats pool i guess. congrats to the eagles for another title season and unlucky the warbank ha ha two relegations on the spin,enjoy ur summer and next winter in div 2.

Teach
#6 Print Post
Posted on 05-05-2010 15:16

Home From Home

Warbank 2-8 Prop

A tough table to play on, and even Paul Macquire was required to play two frames.

Felt sorry for the Warbank - they had lost all heart by the time the Eden result filtered through. There won't be many teams that complete a demolition job down there, like the Eden did. Truly awesome!!! What happened to the Jolly last night??
Edited by Teach on 05-05-2010 23:37

ThePower
#7 Print Post
Posted on 05-05-2010 15:53

Must Get Out More

Christoduk
Posted on 20-04-2010 22:46
The relegation battle looks interesting after last nights result. Will we send the eden down on the last game?

Answer = No

Fantastic performance from the boys, probably one of our finest moments at one of the toughest away venues. I hear the place was rocking last night, and the Jolly were hung, drawn and quartered.

As a side this has been a titanic struggle all season to field a team let alone 5 players, and at times we came close to dropping out. Moving away from the Farley was a big decision for the team in the middle of a season, one I felt could have backfired on us. But Farron/Barry had faith it was the right move for the team, and look for a new era of pool for the side.

Credit to the young guns & Truey - they have kept it going and never stopped believing we would stay up. Mixed in with bringing Lansing out of semi retirement & Tony Venus back after a 4 year break, my odd game here and there - we dug deep to prevent a relegation.

Farron sums it up above, the old Eden guard have been replaced by players who are willing to put their nuts on the chopping board and fight for a victory - that is what the Eden has always been about, the masters of being able to deliver a performance when it really mattered.

Harping on all day about the points deduction from the Warbank was always going to be irrelevant, as the rules are in place for a reason. Scorelines last night have now made any debate pointless.

Of course, nobody wants to bask in the misfortune of a side getting relegated but after all this is sport and someone has to pay the price of failure. The Warbank lost heavily last night, that should not be forgotten. But this morning they should be cursing Chris Bensalem & David Sayer for their comments last week because in the end that gave the Eden all the inspiration that was needed to produce one of the great team results in Croydon history.

We will enjoy this moment, savour a titanic victory last night, but also a massive last three weeks of pool where we took 26 points from an available 30. For that, we remain a team never to have been relegated in 20 years of competitive pool.

Whether there is another season left for the Eden next winter will depend heavily upon Barry & Farron to re-sign the likes of Metin & Tash plus recruit. The Eden team history is there for them to take it forward into the future.

This forthcoming summer season we have hijacked a few of the Eagles players, and look to have a ridiculously strong Division 2 side, as well as a completely homosexual team name.

P.S. We should not forget that the real victors this morning, the Eagles, who cement even further their superior status as the greatest ever team in Croydon pool. They are the ones who deserve the congratulations. Well done.
Edited by ThePower on 05-05-2010 20:34

longshanks
#8 Print Post
Posted on 05-05-2010 17:49

Must Get Out More

Great result for the Eden although I think their win at the Warbank a couple of weeks ago was the clincher.

We finished 4th, level on points with Patriots but below them on matches won, 5 behind Prop. A bit disappointing but we have the league cup final to look foward to. We need a couple more top quality players next season if we want to seriously challenge the Eagles for the League.

berty
#9 Print Post
Posted on 05-05-2010 18:08
Home From Home

Firstly a massive congratlutations to the Eagles who despite significant adversity and lost players yet again have risen to the top to claim a comfortable league victory.

A further congratulations to the Eden boys who in my opinion were never in danger of a relegation as they have some good young players and can always call on the old guard when experience is needed.

Special mentions also from me to the Pot Luck boys who I was first to assume in my pre season analysis would fold under then pressure of losing every game. I mean to have claimed less than 10 frames all season and keep going puts some of the many teams in the lower divisions who have folded to shame.

Also for me to the Forum guys who I had as favourites to go down and in the end have avoided relegation comfortably. With a skeleton squad that is impressive.

The Jolly again proved themselves as a no fluke side who have had some massive victories and have firmly cemented themselves as a side that no one can expect to beat.

The likes of The Unpredictables who seem to have rallied in the second half of the season to finish well.

Unlucky to the Imps and the Warbank who have added real value to the division in this term.

Last and by no means least is the Cuemasters who are a total pleasure to share a team with and I hope they can really push on from here. The simple fact is that given their strongest team I cannot compete with the standard especially when not being able to commit any time to it. I think they deserve credit for committing to a squad mentality when IMO they have a few real star players. Joint 3rd in the first season as a team together was a decent effort although as I have stated before I really believe they currently have the squad to win it with maybe one more addition and the top boys playing most weeks. I hope they can push on and maybe other top players will be attraced by a league Cup winning side. All the best for the final guys.

Truey
#10 Print Post
Posted on 05-05-2010 19:34
Quite The Regular

A massive performance last night from us & a very quick match in which both teams went for everything & we did not miss a lot when we got a chance - 1-0 down as well so 9 on the trot....class

But the hard work was done 2 weeks ago up at the warbank, when we gave ourselves a chance & we took it last night.....

All credit to my team as we have struggled for players all season with really only Barry/Farron/Rab/Billy turning out every week (That is the main reason we stayed up) & as the power mentioned a few cameos & Dr Venus operating after years in the wilderness. The results this season have been shocking at times but when asked the serious question we had the jacobs & won when we had to - shows we have massive character, esspec after we got trounced 9-1 by the forum mad

The future for us depends on players signing for next winter in Tash/Met we would have 2 of the best players in the league so that coupled with the youngsters barry/farron & billy boy we could yet be in for a say in the next few years applause and a few old boys in me/tony/scotty/alex
We will see what happens - but 1 thing is for def, we have a team that on any day can beat anyone
HOW LONG LEFT ?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Open 2008 Players
Open 2008 Players
2008 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing