jacko265 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
Inter-Rileys Pool League
TomT
#1 Print Post
Posted on 20-06-2010 04:30
Quite The Regular

I have just spoken to the manager at Rileys Purley Way and he has shown me an email from Rileys Croydon who wanted to run a 14 week league playing the teams that play from their venue against the teams that play from Rileys Purley Way. The manager has asked me to post this on here to try and see if there would be any interest in this? It would be played either on a wednesday or a friday at either Frith Road or Purley Way.

The prize is moving towards a re-covered table for their team, branded with their team name and a logo, new team shirts with their team name, a table cover so it is protected solely for the winning teams use, a new set of balls and a night a month for a year where their practise play can be free of charge.

Fat-Dart
#2 Print Post
Posted on 20-06-2010 04:45

FORUM ADDICT!

I can't imagine a Friday pool league would be very popular, as many people do other things on Fridays, so would think Wednesdays would be more feasible.

Having said that though, personally, I'd have trouble getting a pass for another night out playing pool anyway. I get enough grief for playing Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, so if I added Wednesday (or Friday) to that, I'd have to give up one of the others or I wouldn't make it to my first wedding anniversary.

TomT
#3 Print Post
Posted on 20-06-2010 04:48
Quite The Regular

I said this to the manager about many teams struggling to get teams out on Tuesday; let alone another night! A few suggestions were
1) Reduce the numbers needed per team say 3 men or something
or
2) Play a sort of interleague style thing were every week or month find a team of 8 or so representatives from each club and play a match

But don't see a whole new league taking off either tbh!

Fat-Dart
#4 Print Post
Posted on 20-06-2010 04:56

FORUM ADDICT!

That would probably be the only way of doing it. I could see lots of players having to make a choice between the two and with Tuesday's league being so well established, I doubt many would want to jump ship in favour of anything new. I'm not trying to shoot the idea down in flames, but can certainly see there being lots of issues there to deal with.

The_Saxtonator
#5 Print Post
Posted on 20-06-2010 15:10

Super Admin

I think Frith road would probably need to be the venue for this because the SPPL is on Weds nights

www.saxtonenterprises.com
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
The Eagles
The Eagles
Winter League 07/08 Presentation Night
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing