oddball243 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
Division 2 week 9
No1 Nugget
#1 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 05:45
Must Get Out More

Farley loyalists 6 v 5 Farley legends

Really close games tonight and well played to the loyalists handshake, was 3 2 down at the half way point and took the next 2 to lead 4 3 and had a golden chance to go 5 3 up but didn't take our chance and after that found ourselfs 6 4 down as Steve pulled out a great break and dish and we made a mistake in the 10th but overall great game and the atmosphere was superb, great banter wish you well for the season(not to well) looool see you guys in a couple of weeks, well done to you allapplause
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

Viper
#2 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 06:04
Must Get Out More

Loyalists v Legends was a great atmosphere tonight and credit to all competitors who made it a great night. Special mention has to go to Peter Porter who pulled off a superb up and down double to land near on smack on the black to take the frame against me .... he took it on full pelt and and it flew in to take the game to 3-3 so well dome Peter for taking that on ....... well the prof brought home the bacon taking the match winning frame and did he just enjoy that. Sympathy has to go to any player who goes in off the black but two of our lads did just that but hey .... it happens at times.

jonny p
#3 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 06:45
Quite The Regular

Have to say good match thouroughly enjoyed with aid of bow looking forward to the 2nd half of season...i will wear chas.s hair when we get the 20 points lol

Welshy
#4 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 13:11
Home From Home

Beechtree Boshers 9-2 Goodfellas

An excellent win for us Grin and well while we did have some fortune, the scoreline is pretty harsh on the Goodfellas.

Doubles for me and Zoe and Dave S taking the man of the match with a treble

Quality bunch of lads the Goodfellas, good luck for the season and we'll catch you at yours later in the season handshake
Fortune Favours the Brave...tumbleweed

the-shark
#5 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 17:22

Home From Home

Farley Dukes 5-6 Mots

nice to get back to winning ways after a run of defeats! and always a pleasure playing mark & his merry men down the farley. all the noise was coming from the other table in the big shootout! highlights of the night being some guy from the loyalists doing a dennis taylor (i won the world championship) celebration and mr mannister doing the worse dance since paul saxtons infamous chicken dance. eventful.
www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

No1 Nugget
#6 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 17:53
Must Get Out More

loooooooool classic I believe that was steve barleycorn doing the dennis taylor impression, got to admit though it was a great break and dish, really sorry about the noise, it was one of them games, and did you not know that mannister and paul practise that dance together, only messing mate, dontfishing for a bite see you next week mr shark, for our revenge for earlier on in the season,boxer

mayweatherbrindle
#7 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 19:06
Home From Home

Ur revenge blah blah blah lol....so u went further behind then neil instead of gaining on them as YOU said hahahaha
Im croydons no 1....even when i lose i win-NEIL HALL
trophyone

No1 Nugget
#8 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 20:06
Must Get Out More

well at least we didn't lose 8 3 like you all said, and why the concern mate, at least we will still get promoted unlike some,point and laugh

Big Ben Ten
#9 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 20:09

Home From Home

neil wrote:
at least we will still get promoted unlike some,point and laugh

finally admitted defeat with half the season still to play?
LangleySports

ben_jamin_is@hotmail.com
No1 Nugget
#10 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 20:25
Must Get Out More

NO when did I say that ben, I said we will still get promotion whether that is winners or runners up, and that my old mucker is 100% not giving up, unless lee and billy have started singing whip

Big Ben Ten
#11 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 20:28

Home From Home

"at least" definitely comes across as you're settling for 2nd, but that's still a great achievement. No shame coming second to the loyalists. fishing for a bite
Edited by Big Ben Ten on 10-07-2013 20:29
LangleySports

ben_jamin_is@hotmail.com
No1 Nugget
#12 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 20:42
Must Get Out More

At least was to the people who said we were gonna get battered,if you knew me well then you would also know that I won't give up without a fight and with 9 games left there is still loads to play for boxer

Merlin
#13 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 21:24
Getting The Hang Of It

Neil,

You were lucky to get 5 mate, we should have been 5-0 up and should have won the 11th, you live in a dream world if you think the loyalists are going to drop 11 frames to the bellends over the next 9 games, we are already 22 points clear of 3rd and hopefully we will have gained promotion with a few games to spare. BTW what was your comment that this game (after your defeat in the cup) would be different when we played our 'So called weaker players', well I can tell you the result was the same a LOYALIST win, I believe that is 5-0 to us
Edited by Merlin on 10-07-2013 21:26

qwerty
#14 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 23:10
Home From Home

Was a great match last night and great banter between the two teams.. on a much more serious note though there was a few team issues that needed to be to brought up after the match, after a long heated discussion between our team members it was decided that each week each player is going to donate 50p so at the end of the season we can buy Neil a nice new clean tank top, his resemblance to Rab c Nesbit last night just tugged on all of our heart strings ...
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeesssssssssss ....
WHY SO SERIOUS?

mayweatherbrindle
#15 Print Post
Posted on 10-07-2013 23:49
Home From Home

Neil we cant get promotion as were in div one mate.and u was saying u was gunna beat and close the gap on the loyalists and gunna WIN the league..now its promotion looool....
trophyone

I C Cool
#16 Print Post
Posted on 11-07-2013 01:26
Quite The Regular

Neil congratulations on ur humble posting after our 5th victory over your not so merry men(yeah we all saw them leaving in disgust), the predictions that were made b4 this last match were not in fact far off the mark, that is unless u do not remember Barry sinking black and getting a little unlucky down the rail with a red deciding it wanted to be a cushion hugger n drop in another pocket to gift u that frame and then Ben sinking the black inadvertently out of turn whilst going for the finish.
Barry's frame gift to u was greeted with baying and screams of GET IN THERE!! some considerable time b4 the ball was even near to the pocket(wrongSAD!!!!!) and not very sporting, then i believe peter of all people(neil u must have corrupted him) screaming GO ON GET IN!! at a black ball running full length of the table mid-frame which in fact finished a reasonable distance from the pocket which was in line of peter's view.

We The Loyalists are who we are, where as your employee's do not appear to very happy with the management set-up.

Oh and i do not need a reply to this from you Neil as i know all i need to know about you around the table.winking

mayweatherbrindle
#17 Print Post
Posted on 11-07-2013 08:16
Home From Home

Emmmm yh chearing something like that isnt very sporting i must say
trophyone

No1 Nugget
#18 Print Post
Posted on 11-07-2013 16:30
Must Get Out More

I didn't cheer anything like that mate and never would, I was cheering for the win as we needed a win at that point, and to be honest everybody was screaming and shouting while most of the games were playing, but that was expected for a big game,

mayweatherbrindle
#19 Print Post
Posted on 11-07-2013 17:22
Home From Home

Neil u dnt really care mate.i was joking
trophyone

Nature Boy
#20 Print Post
Posted on 12-07-2013 22:39

Home From Home

DAS IS GOODPfftPfft
Its been emotional

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Gary Swettenham
Gary Swettenham
Croydon Interleague (Current)
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing