oddball243 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
KO CUP QUARTERS
BUNTER
#1 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 06:53
Quite The Regular

Loyalists 8-0 wizards. Bring on the semis.
NAMES WIN FRAMES

Big Ben Ten
#2 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 13:34

Home From Home

Blundells 8-6 Prop

Great game last night and great support for blundells, felt like everyone in frames wanted us to win. Oh, they did!

We played some good pool and deserved the win IMO, especially mr terry who owned his single opponent in all 3 frames.

Thanks for the game guys and hopefully see you in a few years at ours!
Edited by Big Ben Ten on 16-07-2013 13:44
LangleySports

ben_jamin_is@hotmail.com
jacko
#3 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 14:23
Must Get Out More

Every1 luvs a underdog m8,obviously we didnt play our best pool n threw away a few but u guys played wel n deserved the win from wat I saw...find it amazing at the end how I managed to get blamed for it all bcos others ad lost so many frames ...im not gona single any1 out for our loss as the team lost,to many people blame every1 else n put them down n then bang on bout team spirit...wel done again to our opponents n best wishes butter wouldn't melt ...
Edited by jacko on 16-07-2013 14:25

Nature Boy
#4 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 14:44

Home From Home

DAS IS GOOD YAH PfftPfft
Its been emotional

Kermy
#5 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 14:45
Home From Home

I didn't see any of the biggin hill boys disappear then come back when it's to late. Well played guys,deserved win and best of luck in the semis. Fancy u could go all the way.

jacko
#6 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 17:00
Must Get Out More

If u ad won ur last 2frames I wouldn't ov ad2 cum back down....if it went 7.7 u would ov been glad I woz on last...n team spirit aint bout slaggin ur team m8s off every 2minutes saying there sht...wen I came straight from hospital to play eagles in semi ov league cup n I could not move my neck did that not prove ima team player n I won 2/3 ....m8 u need to stop blaming every 1 else for our loss...every1 loses from time to time deal with it...team spirit wow every1s sht n dont try apart from u,yea gr8 team spirit butter wouldn't melt ...
Edited by jacko on 16-07-2013 17:02

Rambo
#7 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 17:20
Home From Home

The better halfs rattled the prop last week haha ha ha ha lol lol lol

No one likes us we don't caaaaaaaareeeee butter wouldn't melt ... butter wouldn't melt ... butter wouldn't melt ... ner ner

Well done bludinbells handshake drunk thumb

Big Ben Ten
#8 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 17:52

Home From Home

how long have you two been married?
LangleySports

ben_jamin_is@hotmail.com
Kermy
#9 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 19:28
Home From Home

Too long me thinks,time for divorce.

jacko
#10 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 19:34
Must Get Out More

Yes pls

Greckos
#11 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 19:52
Just Popping In

Blundells played very well & took their chances they deserved their win

We can't lay the blame on any one person. no one deliberately loses their frames! Yes I lost 3 to Luke but he played very well & took out some good finishes - good long black in 2nd frame! but we lost 5 other frames between us. We win as team - we lose as a team!

jacko
#12 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 20:01
Must Get Out More

Totally agree nick

Viper
#13 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 20:29
Must Get Out More

Its a shame when 2 fellas from the same team have a public disagreement about points of view but then are those from the same team who accept defeat graciously and taking nothing away from The Propeller who are a superb team to say the least, but you got to say a massive well done to the Blundells who played superb pool themselves last night.

Special K
#14 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 20:34
Must Get Out More

Played the refugees last night I tell u wot I am shocked at how bad the sportsmanship is becoming in our league! We was struggling for a team I tried calling Wayne earlier in the day I couldn't get thru he had bad reception thru the day or something so I calls him in the nite time about 6.30 coz we didn't have a team birdy was in hospital rod in hospital with a relative who is poorly shaggy working late Farron knee is in pain has peps noes he been on crutches and Donald well he plays battersea league on a mon so I spoke with Wayne asked for a postponement he said to me he doesn't mind will ask his team well trysts where it goes downhill I am afraid they all said no! So Wayne calls me back and says dan is there no way u guys can get a team together I said its possible but as it was late time wasn't on our side I told him we wud be late he says dont worry about it just get down ere I said ok so after everything we get down there to my horror I hear they wanna claim the game lol! After a discussion with mark he said give them 15 mins more rest of my team that is as me n Steve k was there! He also added that if they want to they can claim frames IF THEY WANT TO coz some of there team said mark said they have to which he didn't! Say I was present at the convo with mark! And surprise surprise they claim 2 frames even tho it was agreed with me n Wayne that we wud be late! Tell me were is the logic in that! Totally wrong coz we wouldn't of even turned up we was a depleted team had to get Joel out of work Steve from hosp Millie who by the way was great yesterday for us! Took John to Skool! I am so frustrated with this rite liberty! Will say I think mr dewsbury you are a decent bloke had a chat with Peter and I have a lot of time for u mate rest of the team disappointment coz you are better than that lads!
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Triple C
#15 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 20:51

Home From Home

What was the score in the end Dan??

Kermy
#16 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 21:19
Home From Home

Totally agree with u nick,we win as a team and lose as a team. The blundells were on top form last night and deserved there win. My point to jacko was that after frame 6 he left and said to Paul text me if u need me. Well we needed him at the start of the 3rd set,which he wasn't there,and we had to put his name down at no5 which by then he didn't get a game. A waste of a good player not playin I think. At 6-4 down surely we needed our top players to get us back into the game,but unfortunately one was absent.

gfizz
#17 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 23:04

Quite The Regular

Dan the keyboard warrior the facts of the matter are this...Steve and yourself turned up at about 8:30 and the others turned up at 9:10 if you think this is acceptable to be this late then craic on cos at the end of the day we took guidance from the league secretary who informed us that at 8:45 we were within our rights to claim the game as you didnt have enough players at the venue to start the game and as i said on his guidance we claimed the 2 games,your lucky that we played at all.The Better Halfs as a team are responsably for your own actions and if it was the other way round what would you have done? and dont come out with old flannel that you would have postponed the game and or let the other team off losing 2 frames because as we all know its win at all costs with you lot!!!!

hopefully that clears up the matter and we look forward to playing you next week and DONT BE LATE or we"ll have to claim more games Shockpoint and laugh
Edited by gfizz on 16-07-2013 23:16
blue is the colour pool is the game!!!!!!

Greckos
#18 Print Post
Posted on 16-07-2013 23:15
Just Popping In

I agree Ricky. You & Tony were our best 2 players there last night & yes we missed Tony at the beginning of the 3rd set but that shouldn't take anything away from Graham who played very well in his 2nd/3rd frames to keep us in with a sniff. I had an opportunity in my last frame but it didn't come off unfortunately so I'm sorry I couldn't get us to the decider.

Viper
#19 Print Post
Posted on 17-07-2013 00:35
Must Get Out More

gfizz wrote:
Dan the keyboard warrior the facts of the matter are this...Steve and yourself turned up at about 8:30 and the others turned up at 9:10 if you think this is acceptable to be this late then craic on cos at the end of the day we took guidance from the league secretary who informed us that at 8:45 we were within our rights to claim the game as you didnt have enough players at the venue to start the game and as i said on his guidance we claimed the 2 games,your lucky that we played at all.The Better Halfs as a team are responsably for your own actions and if it was the other way round what would you have done? and dont come out with old flannel that you would have postponed the game and or let the other team off losing 2 frames because as we all know its win at all costs with you lot!!!!

hopefully that clears up the matter and we look forward to playing you next week and DONT BE LATE or we"ll have to claim more games Shockpoint and laugh

So whilst my name is being bantered about here lets just clear the matter up from my prospective. I indeed was approached by the The Alma early in the evening before I got to the venue that the Better Halfs had requested a postponement and as everybody knows by now (or should do) that postponements are subject to the discretion of the opponents. 2 Players from the Better Halfs arrived approx 8.20 after being informed previously that the postponement was not accepted. The match could not commence as they did not have a minimum legal line-up. I was approached at 9.05 by the Better Halfs players saying that the alma had agreed to a late start but were now going to claim the game. When I first was approached by the alma at about 8ish with regards the rules I quoted what was written in our procedures without previous knowledge that the alma had agreed a late start. The moral to this story is let me know the full facts before asking for an interpretation.
Edited by Viper on 17-07-2013 00:43

Shaggy
#20 Print Post
Posted on 17-07-2013 00:56
Must Get Out More

Its nice to see that the principals of The Gentlemans Summer League are still alive and well.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Marc Burnett
Marc Burnett
Croydon Interleague (Past)
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing