oddball242 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC263 weeks
cazza268 weeks
andye268 weeks
jacko268 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
Sportsmanship
Special K
#1 Print Post
Posted on 31-07-2013 05:35
Must Get Out More

We get nothing but bad press on here so how's this

Rods singles was drawn at Riley's we all no he ain't aloud in the gaff so his opponent said he is happy to postpone the match and play it in another venue which in my eyes is the right thing to do who wants walk overs at the end of the day if u win that trophy u wanna beat the best players and then u can say to your self well played I deserved that! But knowing u took a walk over to progress further in the comp is that well played?? Anyway rods opponent agreed to a match else were of his choice we have the messages in black and white that its agreed now for him to change his mind and take a walkover pretty bad..... I have cancelled many of games in this league for people coz at the end of the day every 1 has a life outside pool and sometimes u gotta just do the rite thing! Hope this match can get played coz its a shame on rod and the people he has beaten on the way just to go out like that I urge that this agreement goes ahead and win or lose do the rite thing I no your a nice bloke and a good player so plz play the match.
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

jacko
#2 Print Post
Posted on 31-07-2013 06:58
Must Get Out More

What you must understand kellogs is y should Martin giv up home advantage? I had the same thing happen to me when I was barred and so I choose not to enter the singles for a few years until my bar was lifted...I agree that its not fair on the guys rod as knocked out and its not fair that rod as put Martin in this situation...one would hope that until he finds a logical solution to the problems he as brought on himself that he would not enter the singles or doubles again as your right its not fair on anyone who draws him...unfair to dig out an innocent guy butter wouldn't melt ...

Special K
#3 Print Post
Posted on 31-07-2013 13:54
Must Get Out More

Tony maybe u didn't read my post properly HE SAID HE WOULD postpone it and play else were saw the messages mate so how come the sudden change of mind now rod is out its a liberty lets face it tho its the only way it stops our player from winning the singles! Coz we all no he wud of won it butter wouldn't melt ...
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

jacko
#4 Print Post
Posted on 31-07-2013 16:29
Must Get Out More

think u mite wanna take a look at the hall ov fame m8....aint seen his name on any trophies for a long long time...his ban is a relatively recent thing...he had his little spell ov success when I woz banned but then mine got lifted n borsch rankings borsch singles borsch div1 most wins...don't no how u can say he would ov won it wen hes always been in my pocket...as provern again in the ko cup final...ur predictions av been spot on all year dan...

Big Ben Ten
#5 Print Post
Posted on 31-07-2013 18:11

Home From Home

a rod v jacko money match would be good......do you think Rod will do it even though he's always been in jackos pocket?
LangleySports

ben_jamin_is@hotmail.com
Shaggy
#6 Print Post
Posted on 31-07-2013 19:23
Must Get Out More

When I spoke to Rod the last thing he wanted was for any thing to be posted on the website, because he doesn't want to get involved with in any of the gormless chitter chatter than then is guaranteed to arrive.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special K
#7 Print Post
Posted on 01-08-2013 05:31
Must Get Out More

Jacko won't play him for money Ben as jacko knows he has no chance!!!!! Check hall of fame jacko butter wouldn't melt ... 500 says rod does ya good n proper!!!! Can't wait for the excuse of a reply if there is 1

jacko
#8 Print Post
Posted on 01-08-2013 05:57
Must Get Out More

Best ov 3 son n no drugs....then il ruin u afterwards croydons number1 haha

Special K
#9 Print Post
Posted on 01-08-2013 06:17
Must Get Out More

Best of 3 shows how much confidence u have in your self! Ruin me like u did in singles yeah? N team k/o final wen I took u to Skool again! Rod will punish you and u no it mate he is diff class to u mr fudger!

jacko
#10 Print Post
Posted on 01-08-2013 13:46
Must Get Out More

Best ov 3 coz I cant play many frames at the mo without discomfort as u all no...n dan did I not knock u out the singles before n u only beat me the next time coz I foul potted the black n as for the cup final I woz all tuckered out after tearing ur messiah a new arse twice. ..aint all about potting dan iv gota all round game son so im not lost scratching me head if I mis a dish...played rod twice ina race to 6 n beat hlm 6.0 n 6.5 after bein 4.2 down so yea ur right hes clearly ina different league to me...I like fireworks aswel dan especially wen iv got me crayons n dribble down me chin...ye ov the higher intelligence butter wouldn't melt ...

the-shark
#11 Print Post
Posted on 01-08-2013 16:50

Home From Home

tell me tho tony how come you can play so much golf yet a few frames of pool and you say your shoulder hurts you? surely golf would be more strenuous than playing pool?
Edited by the-shark on 01-08-2013 16:51
www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Animals/Sharks/Pool_shark_2.gif

we may need a bigger boat..!

EmDee
#12 Print Post
Posted on 01-08-2013 17:31

Home From Home

Well I suppose I'm gonna let myself get drawn into this debate in order to defend myself.

First of all, it's not actually got anything to do with you at all Danny, but if you are going to post a bunch of gossip and crap about my match, let's make sure you at least get the facts straight.

This was not a decision I took lightly. It was very difficult and put me under a lot of pressure. This is not a situation i should have been put in.

Special K wrote:
Tony maybe u didn't read my post properly HE SAID HE WOULD postpone it and play else were saw the messages mate so how come the sudden change of mind now rod is out its a liberty lets face it

^ This is not even true. Don't tell me what I said. My exact words were "Let me see if I can find a venue I'm happy with."

Secondly, I get a voicemail from Mark Halsey saying that I had postponed the game because I couldn't make it!!! Apparently I was on holiday? Well I wish I was, but no I was in Croydon waiting to play my singles. I got back from my holiday on Saturday night. Where has this come from?

I postponed the game on Monday simply because I was looking for a neutral venue that has a flat table with bouncy cushions.

I know my home table intimately - that's my home advantage. Why should I have to sacrifice that just because someone else has got themselves barred from the main venue in the league?

So during my week of deliberating, I went to Frames because it was the only place I could think of - and the table I played on might as well have had a big clown's face and a windmill on it. If I played him there I would have needed to bring a caddy. Quite frankly it's a joke that there is no venue out there that has decent tables. I used to play out of all sorts of little pubs with nice tables and now they're all gone.

Anyway, I wanted to speak to Rod about it man to man because I just wanted to let him know my point of view and have a chat. So I got his number from my secretary and called him up. I called him Thursday morning, Friday evening and again this last Tuesday and he didn't answer.

All week I've had people with absolutely nothing to do with the game coming up to me and chatting to me about it, telling me their opinions. For the record, more people said I should claim it than play it, which is interesting considering how many have said that on here.

I was going to play it. I had every intention of doing so, but after a week of drama and still no venue I felt comfortable in, I decided that it was my right to claim it. Many other players would have.

Imagine playing somewhere awful, losing because of the table and then the guy in the next round claims it over him!

I don't care whether you think I was right or wrong in all honesty. The fact of the matter is that the mind games and venue selection all put pressure on me that should not be there. I want to play Rod on my table, that's what was on the draw and that's all I'm asking for. If the Gun was round the corner and Steve Smith had a nice flat table in there then I'd be all over it. Same goes for the Eagle and numerous other places, but they're all gone.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but that's my point of view. Take it or leave it.

Gentlemen, start your keyboards.

http://www.joincrash.com
jacko
#13 Print Post
Posted on 01-08-2013 18:57
Must Get Out More

To answer ur question young fella about my probs is firstly even tho my shoulder givs me jip its mainly wen I raise my arm ina certain way n especially backwards as wen cueing,in golf its a totally different motion more ova rotation...secondly unfortunately I av trapped nerves in my neck n back so I find it difficult to tilt my head back to play a shot at pool whilst at golf ur head is basically kept down...thirdly my arms n body goes into a spasm n numbness wen strained making it hard to judge shots ona pool table witha dead arm with the shakes whilst at golf its more ova swing n gravity can help n the level ov finesse is less critical...finally my back probs av now effected my golf n I rarely play now,iv hospital on monday so hopefully there let me no a plan ov action to release trapped nerves n stop me shaking like Elvis n by the way all the diff drugs im on giv me blurred vision which is the last thing u need wen ur trying to pot a ball...now u no m8 ...its only stubbornness wat keeps me playing pool if I only play the odd frame I can at times stil play ok,av not practiced for around 3years so it aint fckin easy anymore....waffle waffle waffle goodbye x butter wouldn't melt ...
Edited by jacko on 01-08-2013 18:59

Knocky
#14 Print Post
Posted on 01-08-2013 21:53
Must Get Out More

heres my point of view,
I personally have no problems with rod and its true hes one of the best players that have played in our league if not the best but because he is banned from rileys its not right that when the draws are done that his opponent is asked to play elsewhere if their home venue is rileys.after all its not their fault that rod is banned.
im sure there was a committee meeting ref rods ban a while back when rod was told he could entre the comps but if he was drawn away at a rileys he would be eliminated,if that's true the easiest solution surely would have been to have his opponent v bye (rod) if rod was drawn away to a rileys then we wouldn't be putting unjust pressure on any players playing out of rileys.
just my opinion.
ps has rod been drawn at home in the comps this season,if so did he agree to play elsewhere,(probably not)
Edited by Knocky on 01-08-2013 22:38
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

Viper
#15 Print Post
Posted on 02-08-2013 13:49
Must Get Out More

[quote]EmDee wrote:

Secondly, I get a voicemail from Mark Halsey saying that I had postponed the game because I couldn't make it!!! Apparently I was on holiday? Well I wish I was, but no I was in Croydon waiting to play my singles. I got back from my holiday on Saturday night. Where has this come from?

I think you have taken my voicemail out of context Martin and if you had returned my call then you would have known where this came from instead of posting on here. I was looking for verification from yourself exactly what had occured after I took a call from Steve Bird with the above information.

Truey
#16 Print Post
Posted on 02-08-2013 14:24
Quite The Regular

It has nothing to do with sportsmanship
Basically Rod Altes is the best player in the league
So if you draw him in the singles you will need any advantage you can get....I.E a home draw
If he is banned from that venue that is his fault
Why should people bend over backwards - they shouldn't
As he is banned from the major playing venue then he should not be allowed to even enter the competition - end of
Again i have nothing ag Rod - but lets not make it Martin;s fault as it is clearly not
So in the team K/O played at Rileys - Should the opponents of whover Rod plays for move the match ?
of course not

HOW LONG LEFT ?

Triple C
#17 Print Post
Posted on 02-08-2013 16:27

Home From Home

KO Cup is now played out of Frames Truey... but I get your point!
Edited by Triple C on 02-08-2013 16:27

RasFas
#18 Print Post
Posted on 02-08-2013 17:20

Quite The Regular

I think you missed a trick there, Martin! You are, of course, perfectly entitled to refuse to play the match away from home and I don't blame you for doing so. But if, out of the goodness of your heart, you wanted to play the match then a) I don't buy that you couldn't find a decent table in all of Croydon, and more importantly, b] how is a decent table any disadvantage to Rod?

If it were me, I would choose the *******tiest table I could find, where even Rod would struggle to string two pots together, then fudge his tits off 'til he burst into tears! See if he still wants to enter again next season after that.evil laugh
www.o0o0o.co.uk/franc/images/unpred.gif

The Grinch
#19 Print Post
Posted on 02-08-2013 22:02
Getting The Hang Of It

There are several decent tables in the league to play on so that's a pretty poor excuse. If I was to enter the singles comp I would want to play every player that came in my way. Who would want a trophy for winning when you haven't played all the opponents you have been drawn against? To be the best you got to beat the best. Moaning about loss of home advantage when all games from the next round are all neutral venue anyway. Even if was drawn against jacko and it was first to 4 I would happily play him first to 2 if it meant it didn't hurt his shoulder to much ;-) haha
I will ruin your Christmas

Brooker
#20 Print Post
Posted on 02-08-2013 23:11
Home From Home

Shaggy wrote:
When I spoke to Rod the last thing he wanted was for any thing to be posted on the website, because he doesn't want to get involved with in any of the gormless chitter chatter than then is guaranteed to arrive.

Great foresight, how right he was lol
I would rather be playing golf

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Mev Ali
Mev Ali
2005 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing