oddball243 weeks
Knocky247 weeks
Teach251 weeks
FoxC264 weeks
cazza269 weeks
andye269 weeks
jacko269 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Div 1 Week 21
Kermy
#1 Print Post
Posted on 07-05-2014 04:55
Home From Home

Prop 8 Forum 3
Neil mate,monies will be good next Tuesday. See u then.

Knocky
#2 Print Post
Posted on 07-05-2014 05:23
Must Get Out More

Unpredictables 5 eagles 6
Close game went to the wire
No complaints lost to a great team and worthy champions
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

longshanks
#3 Print Post
Posted on 07-05-2014 05:39

Must Get Out More

Cuemasters 7 4 Warbank

Nature Boy
#4 Print Post
Posted on 07-05-2014 05:51

Home From Home

longshanks wrote:
Cuemasters 7 4 Warbank

Cheers for the game, some frames could have gone our way, but when playing against a quality side as the Cuemasters, cannot afford to miss your chance. L overly table it has to be said, and no complaints there. My apologies for me throwing my toys out of the pram, very unprofessional and no need for that behavior.

Great banter between both sides and a special mention to our Gary who won 2 frames with quality clearances.

All the best for the summer div guys.
Its been emotional

nuttmeg
#5 Print Post
Posted on 07-05-2014 06:24
Home From Home

that was even more intense than our cup semi final,fair play to MOD and the rest they were fighting to win.Graf and Mev were almost unplayable tonight, almost, Metin showed balls of steel tonight to clear up against Mev with the scores 5-5.

Richie
#6 Print Post
Posted on 07-05-2014 06:26

Getting The Hang Of It

Loyalists 2 - Rack Pack 9

What can be said other than that's twice in two weeks we've been on the receiving end of a result that doesn't reflect what happened. No complaints with the lads attitude or our games in general but I wish someone could explain what the hell is going on. Shock There's no way we deserved that tonight. Fair play Rack pack, took the frames well and other than the result it was an enjoyable evening.

Special K
#7 Print Post
Posted on 07-05-2014 13:52
Must Get Out More

Pond 7-4 legends

Lovely nite with pats men game was not tooken serious by both party's we just enjoyed the evening lovely food and tbh the table did not play as bad as we thought gonna miss croydon and miss the div 1 standard!!

Genuinely feel sorry for my captain has he is going through a bad time at the mo his lost his job and lost the bet the team hasn't played its part for him in the later stages as its had quite a few in house problems so no 1s had the heart in it cud not come at a worse time for ginge gutted for him!!

Cheers croydon it's been good and very enjoyable over the years!!
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Knocky
#8 Print Post
Posted on 07-05-2014 21:00
Must Get Out More

Special K wrote:
Pond 7-4 legends

Lovely nite with pats men game was not tooken serious by both party's we just enjoyed the evening lovely food and tbh the table did not play as bad as we thought gonna miss croydon and miss the div 1 standard!!

Genuinely feel sorry for my captain has he is going through a bad time at the mo his lost his job and lost the bet the team hasn't played its part for him in the later stages as its had quite a few in house problems so no 1s had the heart in it cud not come at a worse time for ginge gutted for him!!

Cheers croydon it's been good and very enjoyable over the years!!

Sorry to here all about Neils and his teams problems,its sad that the legend s are no more and with regards to the bets that Neil made unfortunately for him a bets a bet and he will probably still have to pay out what ever he owes
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone

mayweatherbrindle
#9 Print Post
Posted on 07-05-2014 22:41
Home From Home

Yh its bad but Chris is right.a bet is a bet kellogs.are u implying no ones getting paid there money???
Im croydons no 1....even when i lose i win-NEIL HALL
trophyone

Special K
#10 Print Post
Posted on 07-05-2014 23:08
Must Get Out More

His jobless so what's that say?
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

The Big Show
#11 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 00:18
Quite The Regular

Special K wrote:
His jobless so what's that say?

Shouldnt have run his mouth up and made bets with half the league then.

Jobless or not, a bet is a bet. Im sure some of the guys will take instalments

Losing your job is tough.. Losing face?!..............
Are you not entertained??

Kermy
#12 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 00:52
Home From Home

Come on Danny boy,we've had u and Neil all season tellin us ur gonna finish 2nd and beat the Prop. 3 weeks ago we ourselves started to think that u might catch us. Can u imagine the scenario if u had and how much stick u would of given us. I'm sorry that Neil has lost his job but that's irrelevant,our whole team had a stake in this bet,shame ur boys couldn't back there captain. Difference is we play for our captain with nothing in return,unfortunately the same can't be said about the so called Legends. It's sad that someone who wanted to be top dog had to bribe players to play for him. Think u all need to take a good look at yourselves.

nuttmeg
#13 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 05:59
Home From Home

every week of badge kissing seemed to be followed by "I'm leaving". feel a bit sorry for Neal, should have kept the team that got him promoted year after year.
Edited by nuttmeg on 08-05-2014 13:17

jonny p
#14 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 09:34
Quite The Regular

about the legends...they made some fantastic signings during this year and it was great to see a team that could maybe challenge ...it will be a loss in the summer league cause they could be the ones to beat.......if they are no tparcipitating anticipating one of the finest summer leagues eve r with a few fine teams with a few transplants...at this moment in time I've gone dark......as the strongbow I normally drink is purple...but hey... purpletoothless jon( at this moment in time...cause im home and I've lost my teeth).....I may have gone off the subject,.......from a man with no teethwho has to flower his ladies get yourself together and get the team in....................very slung jp

Special K
#15 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 13:48
Must Get Out More

We closed the gap to 3 frames with a much easier running then the prop they didn't beat us we beat our selfs with in house problems.... We proved against the prop what we was all about 8-3 that night was the turning point but last 3 games we had so much *******going on in the camp it *******ED up all chances as the money became forgotten and nobody wanted to play....I turned up every week for Neil and played my part and got him decent results... Take a look at my self well I can as I have zero to feel bad about!! I stayed and played and more or less got a decent percentage a lot of teams don't like the legends as they no we will beat them but that's gone now! Neil put the bets up so that's down to him but all I am saying is we proved that we was a good side and last 3 games we had no heart! Losing to magnum pond and better halfs 11-0!

We played against a team who was flukeing balls in left rite n centre they was cheering it in all nite kinda *******sportsmanship but if that makes them happy then koolio but sealed our minds to leave the league sorry jp but it's over croydons not the same no more smaller and less exciting the league we are going in has more frames and more teams

jonny p
#16 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 14:46
Quite The Regular

cant remember posting that... but it's only 8.30

Knocky
#17 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 15:37
Must Get Out More

Losing 11 nil to better halfs
When did that happen ?
Or is that next weeks result lol
I take it no ones turning up for your last game
Not good

jacko
#18 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 16:06
Must Get Out More

legends did av a decent side but a poor team...being a team is all about turning up even wen ur ill or busy,fighting ard for every frame n bouncing back from defeats...problem is neil sold his soul to the devil turned his back on his former team m8s n brought in sum non team orientated players who r weak ov mind n av no heart,tis easy to get the odd big result but at the end ov the day the teams who grind out results week in week out tend to do wel...u lot gave urself a chance to finish above us but just didnt av the minerals,heart n mind set to c it thro...neil show us the money butter wouldn't melt ...

mayweatherbrindle
#19 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 16:30
Home From Home

Kellogs yh u did turn up every week.and Neil did make the bets.but I seem to remember that u was the one egging him on to double the bets.i do feel sorry for Neil but bets are bets.jacko is right.u had a great team but it fell apart from lack of commitment.ive played every week for the teams i play for even when ive had serious problems etc.i got snapped my ankle in 4 places,had operations,plates,pins etc and still only missed one week and played in a cast and crutches.
Im croydons no 1....even when i lose i win-NEIL HALL
trophyone

Special K
#20 Print Post
Posted on 08-05-2014 16:45
Must Get Out More

Jacko bangs on about us lot but he sent a message on this site slagging his team saying that they split coz they argue etc wen that was not the reason I was not saying nothing to Neil he asked my opinion and asked cud we finish above them I said I yes as I believed we cud have! U gotta be positive or u shud not play!! Kinda funny getting lectured from people wen they argue and throw dummy's out them selfs

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Dan Mason
Dan Mason
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing