oddball241 weeks
Knocky245 weeks
Teach249 weeks
FoxC262 weeks
cazza267 weeks
andye267 weeks
jacko267 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
KO Semi final
jacko
#1 Print Post
Posted on 04-08-2015 17:59
Must Get Out More

Firkin eagles 11v10 frames193s ....WOW what a match ,a true ko match ebbing n flowing from us to them ,i could be mistaken but twas something like 2 1down ,3 2up then 4 3down ,7 4up the 8 7down at which point there was comments made mocking us that we had dropped 4 on the spin(banter) then bang we win the next 3 to go 10 8up but just can't get across the line as nerves kick in...so 3 man play off ,luke has essa in trouble german n met looking 50/50 n shaggy as dollies n iv got nowhere to hide,so fck it i take out a quality dish until i do a 6ft + up n down screw shot n overrun by an inch or even needed to roll another inch,so thin cut it back to the corner zipping the white to keep it out of the centre n somehow it ends up in the other centre,what a total kick in the blox that was ,of course shaggy clears up,then german leaves met a no risk deflection which met spots n with physics on his side drops em in with ease...such a buzz to be involved in such a tense match, congratulations to the victors n a big pat on the back to our boys for making them work hard for it....butter wouldn't melt ...

Shaggy
#2 Print Post
Posted on 04-08-2015 19:22
Must Get Out More

There was more bad pool played than good, but that contributed to a better match.

What I noticed last night more than most is that the game was played in excellent spirit.

In offs of blacks, and pots out of turn were not cheered. One ref per table, and no issues of anything unfair. Everyone shook each others hand, no sulking, or toy chucking by either team.

Shame there had to be one team not winning, but obviously very glad to have sneaked through by the skin of our teeth.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooker
#3 Print Post
Posted on 04-08-2015 23:38
Home From Home

Lock Stock 11 - 9 Yer Mum

As per the other semi-final a very close nip & tuck game played in great spirit also.

Won the first set 4-1 then Lock stock fought back winning the second set 4-1, never more than 2 frames in it from then on with us 10-8 down with the next 2 matches finishing within seconds of each other, one to either side giving Lock stock the win 11-9.

Neither side really deserverd to lose but, someone had to & unfortunately it was us.

Good luck to both teams in the final
I would rather be playing golf

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Ted Freeman
Ted Freeman
2008 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing