oddball241 weeks
Knocky246 weeks
Teach249 weeks
FoxC262 weeks
cazza267 weeks
andye267 weeks
jacko267 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
Knock Out Cup Final.
Macca
#21 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 08:56
Quite The Regular

I DO LOVE ALL THIS BITCHING WHOS TURN IS IT NOW:razz:

Burn
#22 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 15:08

Quite The Regular

idea

MACCA, YOU ARE A GIRL WHO WEARS GIRLS PANTS!!

AND THEN WETS THEM!!!

http://www.surreypool.com
ThePower
#23 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 15:43

Must Get Out More

Having played on the table to the left on Tuesday night, the table was playing very fast although a few of the boys did comment it was rolling out slightly on the right hand rail. I broke and dished on Tuesday so in 'my opinon' there was jack all wrong with the left one! bouncing

What I can't understand is, if there were serious concerns about the tables on final night from some of the players, why was it not raised at the time? It don't take much to level them.

Burn
#24 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 16:13

Quite The Regular

Because pool players only how how to p!ss and whinge, actually doing something to help themselves is asking too much.

Don't you know nuffink!

Besides which, after being roundly f*cked up the ar$e by Croydon players near and far, Farley is still expected to pull out all of the stops on behalf of players visiting from their 'new' preferred venues. I'm surprised he didn't get new tables in for the finals, you're surely all worth it.

moving on ...

Or something evil laugh
Edited by Burn on 12-10-2007 16:28

Golden
#25 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 16:29

FORUM ADDICT!

Ok perhaps 'a disgrace' is a little extreme but they certainly weren't up to the standard of a cup final . .

Some feedback for you Farley:

There appears to be a lip on the edge of several pockets which caused shots played perfectly to stay up . . This happened in at least 4 frames . . I would hazard a guess that this is because there is excess glue used to stick the cloth down . .

The table on the right as you walk in is rolling off. A lot.

Burn
#26 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 16:32

Quite The Regular

If it's new cloth, it will be glue, if it isn't new cloth, it will be because the tables aren't being ironed right into the pocket, so a ridge of sorts is being left, either of which is enough to stop a dead weight ball.

andye
#27 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 16:35

Home From Home

if your in the middle of a frame and a ball rolls off what can you do? you can't stop the frame and level the table!!! so we moan... after the frame it's history so little point in trying to turn back the clock!
i, like many others don't want to go up to the owner and say 'your table is pony' cos lets face it it's not what they want to hear.
for any matches in the final stages tables should be brushed ironed and true... this doesn't take long, just requires a bit of elbow grease!!!

Golden
#28 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 16:36

FORUM ADDICT!

Good point . .

I forgot to add that a couple of the cushions either need replacing or are not secured properly

Golden
#29 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 16:38

FORUM ADDICT!

ThePower wrote:
What I can't understand is, if there were serious concerns about the tables on final night from some of the players, why was it not raised at the time? It don't take much to level them.

You're obviously never leveled a table before have you?

When you play at the top level you notice things like slight roll offs and dead cushions fishing for a bite

andye
#30 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 16:41

Home From Home

i thought the farley had one of those snooker table spirit levels like they use at yarmouth... don't say someone has nicked it!!!

Burn
#31 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 16:41

Quite The Regular

Also, I feel I should elaborate on my rant a bit, because it looks like I'm sh!t-stirring and I'm honestly not.

Also bear in mind I have been out of Croydon for well over a year, so may not have all of the facts at hand, so humblest apologies if any of what I say is incorrect.

What I've observed...

Take a look round the Farley. Banners. Pictures. Framed CDPL Interleague Shirts. Big old scoreboard. Names of players and teams up on plaques.

All paid for out of Farleys pocket I assume.

I saw the increasing gripes about having to pay for practise before games, but as I understand it that was policy dictated to Dave by the brewery and there was little he could do about it.

This isn't a club, with a salaried Manager in place, it's a pub, where Dave earns his own keep, or gets shipped out.

From what I saw, he was as supportive as he was allowed to be, and then some.

Yet was deserted by players who had their own best interests at heart.

Bottom line: decisions made by players have a direct impact on Daves pocket to a degree that just isn't true of a club like Rileys.

And he is owe CDPL something?

His treatment wasn't far short of disgusting.

What price loyalty in Croydon? A few free frames of pool apparently.

End.

As said, If I've got any of this wrong, and there were other factors that I don't know about, then I'll unreservedly retract any and all of the above that is inaccurate or not a fair protrayal of events.

But it's seems to be a fair summary of what I saw from afar.

There, I've said it.
Edited by Burn on 12-10-2007 16:46

Golden
#32 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 16:54

FORUM ADDICT!

Banners and plaques don't make a venue great . . I couldn't care if there is no wall paper or seats as long as the tables are level . . Looking at the list of the players that won the treble in 2005/2006 (just thought I would get that in) didn't stop my shot up the line rolling off several feet . .

The biggest source of feedback in pool isn't from a spirit level, a brewery or a table operator . . It's from the players themselves . . If these comments are taken in the constructive manner they are intended then there is no loser here . .

Burn
#33 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 16:58

Quite The Regular

That's fair comment, but you also know there is an element of truth in what I'm saying.

Pool players are generally selfish, and self-serving.

A pound to a penny that 'some' of the players that get the most benefit out of Hannahs obvious hard work at Rileys are also amongst those that put the least money over the bar.

It's a two-way street, a partnership of sorts. And pool players often don't keep up their side of the deal.

First and foremost it's a business, not a charity.

As much as I love the game of pool, if I won the lottery, would I run a pool club? Would I f*ck. It's all take take take.

Danny, you have first hand experience of how hard work on players behalf is often taken for granted.

As have those that ran the Singles League and seemingly got nothing in return but headache and b!tching.

Whatever you do, it's never enough for some, so you might as well do f*ck all.
Edited by Burn on 12-10-2007 17:07

Macca
#34 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 17:06
Quite The Regular

PERSONNALLY I THINK BURNS SHIT STIRRING LETS BE FARE WE HAVENT SEEN OR HEARD OF HIM FOR AGES NOW HE POPS UP LIKE A BAD ODOUR AND GETS EVERYONES BACK UP WELL IM NOT GETTING INVOLVED:razz:

Burn
#35 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 17:09

Quite The Regular

OI, GO CHANGE YOUR PANTS, THEY'RE WET big grin

I'm honestly not stirring, and my commentary isn't about the Farley in isolation, it's about the selfishness of 'some' pool players in general.

Besides, don't you know a bit of contention gets the hits up big grin

Prof taught me that.

Sass
#36 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 17:18

FORUM ADDICT!

I thought it was just your avatar that did that! laughing

www.croydonpool.com
Brooker
#37 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 18:18
Home From Home

Just for the record. I played my singles Semi on the table on the right as you walk in. After the game Clive & i tried to pot balls down all the rails by planting 3 balls on the cushions, out of 8 possible rail shots, only 4 (i think) dropped. Don't really know whats up with the table, but when you hit a ball plum down the cushion & it doesn't drop, that needs to be sorted.

By the way, this had nothing to do with me getting smashed 3-1, i only checked the cushions afterwards because of a shot Ian missed that i thought should have dropped.
I would rather be playing golf

Macca
#38 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 18:28
Quite The Regular

I HEAR THE OLD LADY STILL ON OUR SITE OR SHOULD I SAY THE TROUBLE MAKER ANYWAY IM NOT GETTING INVOLVED:razz:

ThePower
#39 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 19:03

Must Get Out More

Burn wrote:
I'm honestly not stirring, and my commentary isn't about the Farley in isolation, it's about the selfishness of 'some' pool players in general.

For the sake of clarity, Burn uses the word 'some' but really means The Eagles.

Personally, if I was Farley I would take down all their memorabillia, stick it in a bin and burn it. I'm outta here

Lils
#40 Print Post
Posted on 12-10-2007 19:07

Must Get Out More

roll on the floor laughing
Edited by Lils on 12-10-2007 19:08

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Open 2008 Players
Open 2008 Players
2008 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing